• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gouketsu vs Zoro (Grace), 8-0-0

You already know who it is. It's been said before that Gouketsu is a baller, but Zoro's come to play as well.

Gouketsu is Gouketsu at 715 megatons, Zoro is in his Fishman island key and superior to Pica's 377 megatons, Shishi Sonson and Asura are restricted. Battlefield is marineford and speed is equalized.

Starting distance is 1 km.

Gouketsu: 0

Zoro: 8 (King Tempest, ZoronotZolo, EmirpSumipto, Axxtentacle, UchihaSlayer, Cul0r, Phoenks,SemiRaedi)

Inconclusive: They play basketball instead

Last edited:
Because I think Zoro's more versatile overall, so to make it even Gouketsu needed an AP advantage. If that makes it a stomp I'll change it as you suggest
Not too much of a stomp. Zoro uses bladed weapons, still able to hurt him.

Not too much of a stomp. Zoro uses bladed weapons, still able to hurt him.
Exactly my thoughts. Both are very skilled, rather intelligent, Zoro has more abilities and resistances, but lower AP in this case, Gouketsu has longer range that may or may not be a factor (tens of kilometers vs hundreds of meters), lifting strength is comparable, etc, etc.

I think Goketsu will win via his martial arts and shockwaves, especially since his shockwaves have larger AoE than any of Zoro's techniques and has the AP advantage meaning Zoro will either have to tank them or try to dodge.

How would Observation Haki and Armament Haki help Zoro in this fight?
Would rudimentary observation haki help him dodge shockwaves coming from a moderate distance? It would take a moment or two (relative to these guys) for those shockwaves to cross the gap if Gouketsu wants to attack from range. Armament Haki I think would put Zoro pretty much on par with Gouketsu, since his lower AP is compensated for by his slicing damage and Armament would even out durability somewhat. Does his current durability include haki and if not, how much of a boost is it? X1.5, X2?

Gouketsu has type 1 large size. Zoro can fight Pica who has type 3. That's not a problem.

Zoro has resistance to pain manipulation via his stupidly high pain tolerance.
Unless Zoro starts off right in front of him, Zoro isn't getting directly hit by his shockwaves, which means he isn't taking the full yield.

Zoro has a few AOE moves. Dragon Twister has crazy AOE, and a Zoro air slash goes far.

Zoro's Observation Haki Precog + Minor Adaptation and Minor Analytical Prediction (albiet minor) allows him to know where he'll get hit and where he'll take minimum damage. He could go there for reduced pain from the shockwaves, while Gouketsu has no known precog to help him get away from his strikes.
How would Observation Haki and Armament Haki help Zoro in this fight?
Observation above, Armament is just a random boost.
Would rudimentary observation haki help him dodge shockwaves coming from a moderate distance? It would take a moment or two (relative to these guys) for those shockwaves to cross the gap if Gouketsu wants to attack from range. Armament Haki I think would put Zoro pretty much on par with Gouketsu, since his lower AP is compensated for by his slicing damage and Armament would even out durability somewhat.
We don't have a specific multiplier, but we do have Ichi Ni Gorilla (where his muscles gain more mass), an AP booster.
Does his current durability include haki and if not, how much of a boost is it? X1.5, X2?
Doesn't include Haki, so it'll raise his dura. No specific multiplier though.

Gouketsu has type 1 large size. Zoro can fight Pica who has type 3. That's not a problem.

Zoro has resistance to pain manipulation via his stupidly high pain tolerance.
Unless Zoro starts off right in front of him, Zoro isn't getting directly hit by his shockwaves, which means he isn't taking the full yield.

Zoro has a few AOE moves. Dragon Twister has crazy AOE, and a Zoro air slash goes far.

Zoro's Observation Haki Precog + Minor Adaptation and Minor Analytical Prediction (albiet minor) allows him to know where he'll get hit and where he'll take minimum damage. He could go there for reduced pain from the shockwaves, while Gouketsu has no known precog to help him get away from his strikes.

Observation above, Armament is just a random boost.

We don't have a specific multiplier, but we do have Ichi Ni Gorilla (where his muscles gain more mass), an AP booster.

Doesn't include Haki, so it'll raise his dura. No specific multiplier though.
Okay, I'll make starting range 1 km. His profile says his range is several hundred meters with slashes, so that gives Gouketsu an edge by our profiles if Gouketsu can step back(since it says kilometers for him).

Okay, I'll make starting range 1 km. His profile says his range is several hundred meters with slashes, so that gives Gouketsu an edge by our profiles if Gouketsu can step back(since it says kilometers for him).
That's fair.
Gouketsu gets some hits in, and it's bad for Zoro since his range isn't as far as the starting range. The closer Zoro gets, the more damage he gets, and it's definitely not a one shot in Zoro's favor.

Precog would still be an issue against Gouketsu though. Zoro would know how and where to move, when he'll attack, etc. Even though speed is equal, Zoro is much more versatile and agile as well as better sensing.

I'd still give it to Zoro imo.

That's fair.
Gouketsu gets some hits in, and it's bad for Zoro since his range isn't as far as the starting range. The closer Zoro gets, the more damage he gets, and it's definitely not a one shot in Zoro's favor.

Precog would still be an issue against Gouketsu though. Zoro would know how and where to move, when he'll attack, etc. Even though speed is equal, Zoro is much more versatile and agile as well as better sensing.

I'd still give it to Zoro imo.
Counted

Shucks, I would have thought Gouketsu would have gotten at least one or two votes. Three for Zoro so far

The anti-map FRA.

His observation Haki, insane pain tolerance, long range sword slashes, and Armament Haki amps should be more than enough here.

The anti-map FRA.

His observation Haki, insane pain tolerance, long range sword slashes, and Armament Haki amps should be more than enough here.
The long range won't do anything for him here, but everything else may be a deciding factor.

Counted

Back