• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goten vs Goku

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
Frieza Saga goku vs Dbs Goten.

Both in base.

Goten knows that killing Goku means being paradoxed

Daddy: 1

Son: 1

Inconclusive: 0

Chichi gets angry: 0

Goten kid render
The Orginal Goku Jr.

Goku bodyguard(2)

That suit tho.

Anyway, I don't know where Gotten really stands even in Super but I'd say Goku should take this.

He's a better fighter and could use solar flare to blind Goten.

Edit: Lol, when you look and see that base Frieza Saga Goku is Small Star level+ and Goten in base is Star level...

Don't know if their distance is that wide so I'll stick with Goku for now.

I go with Goku via experience and skill he's still been fighting for much longer than Goten at this point in his life

For the record, I think you are underselling goten a bit.

Start of Buu saga ssj goten is already Frieza level. After that he trained with piccolo in RoSaT. Post RoSaT goten should be around frieza saga Goku. Dbs Goten is... I dunno, stronger? weaker?

Afaik when they refer to frieza they always mean Final form.

When they say "the kais could have killed frieza" Im positive that they are referring to his final form.

It's always assumed its Final Form Frieza.

Similar to when the Kai said any Supreme Kai can one shot Frieza. Tho since Piccolo admitted that he was weaker than Supreme Kai and that Piccolo could destroy Final Form Frieza it's obvious they mean Final Form Frieza.

Then I'm switching to Goten, Goku got destroyed when he fought Frieza and if Goten's comparable then even with his superior skill it's gonna be tough

What If I brought Post Android training base teen gohan?

All hell would break lose because now both her kids would be fighting and not studying.

So... Chichi wins because their all afraid of her... Not Goten as much but still.

DBS Goten didn't really train at all, so he wouldn't be stronger. Possibly he'd be weaker but I'm not certain

Regardless, I'm going with Goten. He has far more potential than Goku ever did and while he doesn't train as hard, I think it's safe to assume he spars with Trunks and such, meaning he wouldn't plummet ala Gohan.

Goten honestly shouldn't be High 4-C as I doubt Android 18 was even a tenth as serious against GoTrunks as say, Android 17 was against Piccolo.

Either way, I'll honestly go with Goten. He drains stamina far less quickly than Goku would seeing as he needs to use stuff like Kaioken times 20 to do any real damage, and Goten doesn't go 5% like Frieza does.

Even in Super Sayain, I'd go with Goten since Goku will lose energy much faster and would need to end the fight quickly, something that would be difficult against Goten, who really isn't that far below Goku skill wise (Arguably, he's more skilled than Gohan or Goku were at his age since he has a consistently comparable sparring partner)

Just my thoughts though, voting Goten 7/10

I believe that Goku would win because of skills. Goten keeping up with 18 is likely an outlier.

IIRC, Goten and Trunks were both fighting 18, not individually. They stole a guys clothes so they could participate in the tournament as one fighter.

Lol.

I dont even. Goten on the same level as adult gohan?

Yeah, it was stated in the Daizenshuu that his battle power wasn't the least bit inferior to Gohan's. Plus, Gohan stated that if he didn't start training seriously the kids would leave him in the dust. Furthermore, Piccolo said the boys were the planet's last hope even before they knew about fusion, which shows that they're the strongest on the planet besides the adult Saiyans.

Jobbo said:
Goku doesn't stand a chance, spite match. Even at 6 years old Goten was in the same league as Buu Arc Gohan.

Wait, do you really think that Goten is on the same level as Buu arc Gohan (not mystic) just by sparring with him?

I'm basing that off the guide. And in addition to the points above, Trunks was able to land a hit on Vegeta who's stronger than Gohan, and he's pretty close to Goten.

Jobbo said:
I'm basing that off the guide. And in addition to the points above, Trunks was able to land a hit on Vegeta who's stronger than Gohan, and he's pretty close to Goten.

Which guide?

Also, Vegeta was likely suppressed against his son because he just wanted to test him. Trunks is far from being Buu saga SSJ Vegeta level.

Daizenshuu 2 states Goten is comparable to Gohan.

SON GOTEN

gifted child who mastered Super Saiyan at a young age.

By virtue of being Goku's son, Goten posses battle power not the least bit inferior to even Gohan. On top of being able to unleash a startling amount of power in even his normal state, he can easily transform into a Super Saiyan. Furthermore, he merges with Trunks through a technique known as Fusio

Anyone who argues Freeza is even comparable to Goten or Trunks must be kidding. Super Saiyan Trunks shot a suppressed ki blast that was going to vaporize Android 18 on spot.

Trunks is not far from Boo Saga Vegeta. I'd say he is 66-70% of Vegeta.

@Kep

Can you provide a the scan of Kid Super Saiyan Trunks firing a suppressed ki blast that would have vaporized Android 18.

I don't remember that happening.

It was on the tournament, Trunks shoots a ki blast, 18 dodges it, and we see her sweating bullets, saying that it was an extremely powerful blast.

Goten even tells Trunks to not use his full-power.

Chapter: 453 (DBZ 259), P12.4, P13.1

Context: after Trunks' ki blast explodes

No.18: "Yo-you've got to be kidding…That energy bullet had absolutely incredible speed and destructive power…Co-could it be that those squirts have outrageous power?…This is dangerous! I've got to settle this fight soon!"

And:

Trunks: "Either way, we're at a disadvantage in this getup, so we've got no choice but to settle this with a kiai cannon!"

Goten: "Eh! But will she be alright?..."

Trunks: "Don't worry, she won't die if we do it appropriately. She's No.18…"

Also, Piccolo said this about Goten and Trunks:

Chapter: 468 (DBZ 274), P12.7

Piccolo: "These two are our only hope…! Th-though it's a faint hope…"

Note: this is before Fusion is mentioned

@Kep

While that does prove they are very powerful (which I didn't deny) but it doesn't say vaporized is a strong word.

I'm not saying they wouldn't have destroyed her and she admitted it was dangerous but vaporizing is a stretch, it just says she'll die.

I'm not saying it wouldn't have vaporized, it's a possibility.

I said "vaporized" because that's what ki blasts do when they're > the opponent, but no problem there.

Also, #18 won this fight by cutting their suits with a Destructo Disk of all things and disqualifying them. Kinda proves she was desperate in hindsight.

I don't think there's any point where this is close to an even fight. Goku from that time period could instantly take Goten out with an IT + Kienzan combo.

Goten isnt stronger than 18 in buu saga.

Im positive 18 was worried that they could damage the audience.

PaChi2 said:
Goten isnt stronger than 18 in buu saga.

Im positive 18 was worried that they could damage the audience.
By shooting a ki blast that hit the ocean a kilometer away from the audience?

There's a lot of stuff to suggest the kids are not weak.

SSjin Goten and Trunks > Piccolo by his own admission. That would make them stronger than the Cell Jrs and close to Cell Games Goku.

Goten wins automatically because DBS characters can become trillions of times stronger with little to no training........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back