• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goosebumps Horrorland Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gewsbumpz_dude

Username Only
I remember liking this series, albeit not as much as the original 62 but I still had some good times with it, and like last year I recall listening through all the audio books of the novels on YouTube and enjoyed myself. Which brings me here now, where I will go over some recently discovered stuff me and the guys in my Goosebumps Discord server managed to find and some stuff I have been planning to add.

1. Fear Files
For anyone who doesn't know, there are these two things that go along with the first 12 books (Revenge of the Living Dummy to The Streets of Panic Park), the Fear Files (small documents of information that are in the first 12 books, but only some information and the rest of the information needs to be found on this website) and this website called Enter Horrorland, a game that allows the player to explore Horrorland but is no longer up anymore. Now the significance of these two things is that the Fear Files go over information of the Horrorland in the books, go in-depth for specific events and attractions in Horrorland while directing the reader to this website. This essentially means that the two are connected, and this is very consistent with the books, the vast majority have this trait (a few examples; 1, 2, 3 and 4). As for what this means for our profiles here, nothing much besides that book Slappy gets some new abilities.

In this clip we see him shoot lightning bolts out of his hand that not only stuns the player but lifts him off the ground. This would give him Electricity Manipulation, Status Effect Inducement and Minor Telekinesis.

2. Reality Warping + Resistance to Spatial & Size Manipulation
Short and sweet, Captain Long Ben One-Leg and Dr. Maniac should get both Minor Reality Warping and Resistance to Spatial Manipulation and Size Manipulation for the exact same reasoning that Slappy and The Haunted Mask have them. Simple.

Also Dr. Maniac should be upgraded for 9-B via scaling to the other Horrorland villains such as Captain Long Ben One-Leg and Slappy.

Conclusion
Slappy gets Electricity Manipulation, Status Effect Inducement and Minor Telekinesis

Captain Long Ben One-Leg and Dr. Maniac get both Minor Reality Warping and Resistance to Spatial Manipulation and Size Manipulation

And Dr. Maniac gets updated to 9-B

Extra Addition: My little brother thought of this and I felt like putting it in here. Snappy should have Fear Manipulation and Madness Manipulation due to being Slappy's evil twin, and therefore should be more evil or at least just as evil as him.

Last edited:
So since Long ben is the discussion here, can we like just say he straight up has resistance to disease manipulation?
IRL bats get it of carrying diseases with fairly no problem, but they need good conditions to deal with rabies and considering Long Ben would be able to do anything a bat can in that a area infinitely better he should just have a resistance

So since Long ben is the discussion here, can we like just say he straight up has resistance to disease manipulation?
IRL bats get it of carrying diseases with fairly no problem, but they need good conditions to deal with rabies and considering Long Ben would be able to do anything a bat can in that a area infinitely better he should just have a resistance
That suggestion seems fine I guess. I agree.

Agreed: 3 (counting Ican't as agreeing)

Disagreed: 0

Unknown: 0

Can I count myself?

Ok so far;

For the thread
Agreed: 9

And for Tllmbrg's extra bit
Agreed: 5? (counting Goji as one)

Sorry, I didn't get the message since normal users can't @ people like staff can.

In regards to the straight up Resistance to Disease Manipulation, I think it's fine. Given he's an undead zombie, he should naturally be uneffected by several types of disease normal humans get.

Actually while on the topic of Captain Ben here, I would like to discuss something that just popped back into my head right now.

So in his chant that he and his crew chant, it is implied that death is just sleep to them.

"The bones they crack, the bones they creep, the men come alive from the briny deep. You ended our death you ended our sleep. The men come alive from the briny deep"

Can this warrant anything?

Ok then.

Since both my stuff and Tllmbrg's stuff has been accepted by a staff member, would it be ok to add the stuff now?

Is there any particular staff member we could try to get to comment on this to get it confirmed? We have more than enough positive votes, and no negatives.

Well Amelia left, Zark just isn't interested in the verse anymore and is very inactive on this site nowadays, maybe we can get Starter Pack here?

Those 3 are the only staff members that are knowledgeable on the verse afaik, besides LordGriffin I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back