• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Golden Sun conceptual manipulation

Probably not conceptual manipulation, but abstract existence for Djinn and elemental star essence

The elemental stars contain the "purest essence" of each element. Essence either means an abstract quality of something, or "an extract or concentrate obtained from a plant or other matter and used for flavouring or scent." This statement obviously refers to the former definition, and I will elaborate on why. The elements are also the foundation of Alchemy

All things are made up of the elements. Alchemy exists because of the elemental stars. All reality is formed from the elements, and without the alchemy and the elements, the world will decay and vanish, implying its a fundamental part of the world. The world is like a living, breathing being, and it needs nourishment. The four elements are the world's "nourishment", in this case. Its also possible that it sustains time itself, since time stops once alchemy is sealed

The djinn are made up of these elements, so they should get type 1 abstract existence. This is supported by them being said to be embodiments of certain things, like Catastrophe being the embodiment of destruction, Gears being the spirit of inevitability, and Chasm being the spirit of the void

Characters who create or erase them should get type 1 conceptual manipulation

Is there a scan or something that says Djinns are completely Incorporeal? I know it says energy being, but just wanna see more to be sure. But otherwise looks fine to me.

Eh, gotta disagree. The Djinn are made of elemental energy, as the text says. Keywords being energy, they are energy beings. Energy beings aren't abstract and not concepts.
Sure those energies make up the world, but that doesn't make them abstract either. Atoms also make up the world and all that.

Yeah. There are a lot of verses in which energy beings who has proper physical bodies despite being made of elemental energies - i.e. Captain Atom and Firestorm from DC Comics.

Eh, gotta disagree. The Djinn are made of elemental energy, as the text says. Keywords being energy, they are energy beings. Energy beings aren't abstract and not concepts.
Sure those energies make up the world, but that doesn't make them abstract either. Atoms also make up the world and all that.
Isn't it possible for it to be conceptual energy

Possible? Yes. Lots of things are possible.
Not an option I would consider without vastly stronger evidence, though.
I think the 3 statements of them being said to be embodiments/ spirits of certain stuff can grant at least "possible" abstract existence

If not, what abilities do you think these should grant to Djinn?

I don't think the titles are enough. Many fictions use such titles to show that someone/something has a certain rank/position or affiliation with something. E.g. in ToAru beings with incorporeal true forms have things like that and are almost definitely not abstract, like Gabriel being the angel of water or Coronzon embodying the Abyss.

I don't quite remember golden sun well (and haven't played all of it anyway). If not contradicted, I would assume a creature made from pure energy might be incorporeal. That's about it, though.

Last edited:
Same as DontalkDT. It didn't really strike me as conceptual when playing either.

Back