• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GOKU'S & VEGETA'S LIFTING STRENGTH.

I wanna talk a little bit about goku's lifting strength and wanna ask why it hasn't been updated. He's got some feat that can be calced i believe.

Firstly we got this, back when he was training on king kai's planet (early super):

Screenshot (323)

here's the full thing:

I don't know how much weight that could be, could i be calculated? and not to mention that kingkai's planet has 10x earth's gravity, and he performed that feat in BASE form. If we were to add in his supersaiyan multiplliers up to godform, couldn't we at least get some sort of estimate for his lifting strength?

Now more importantly during the goku&vegeta training arc on beerus' planet, we have them doing about 50k pushups with those some super heavy suits on; and we see what happens when they take these suits off (episode 28):

Screenshot (325)

It continues to sink into the planet:

;;;

I wanna ask, how much weight is required for an object to actually sink into the ground like that continuously? If we could get a value that would be good and could help us start somewhere i guess? Again if we were to take their super saiyan multipliers into account after calculating i believe we could possibly get a figure for where lifting strength could lie.

I don't know if this topic's been treated before but i find it shocking their lifting strength is missing in their profiles.

Well that's about it, please lemme know what u guys think.

It's best for the DB characters lifting strength to stay unknown since they have never really been physically pushed to their limit in terms of lifting strength.

Also the lifting strength is incredibly inconsistent in DB, you can have characters that are capable of supporting suits that sink through the ground and lifting giant weights above their head easily above a million tons to struggling to lift 1000 tons.

I also think that their lifting strengths should stay unknown, for two reasons:

1) Other than the gravity from the black hole during the tournament of power, they have never been pushed to their limits in terms of lifting strength, and that feat would be hard to properly quantify.

2) They constantly grow stronger as the story progresses, so any such feats would quickly grow outdated anyway.

But ToP base Goku has a large star level lifting feat when he lifted Tuppah whose weight was sinking through katchin floor which should have star level durability and Android 18 lifted him too and 18 should be comparable to Ribrianne who in turn is comparable to base Vegeta

I think that Goku's lifting strength is far above star level, given the black hole feat, but again, given my previous points, it seems best if it stays unknown.

I know that striking strength is usually not proportional to lifting strength, but I'm pretty sure that if you're strong enough to 1-punch a universe, you'd at least be able to bench press galaxies no problem. I agree in the fact that it should stay unknown

Yes, the black hole caused the arena to crumble from the gravity, so I think that the top tier characters should probably have universal lifting strength, if it does not stay at unknown, but we would need more staff input for that possibility.

Lifting strength and striking strength aren't correlated.

The black hole of the ToP would be something like planetary lifting strength even if someone moved it.

Withstanding the black hole itself is far lower. For example this calc involves a bigger black hole with the character being far closer to the singularity, it's only Class T.

Yes, but this black hole crumbled the arena, and it could withstand attacks from 3-A level beings.

This black hole was ripping apart the arena; said Arena is stronger than the previously strongest material in the DB Franchise. This arena is made up of materials at least superior to star level; so ripping it apart like it did is way beyond planetary.

And Kal, You say Lifting and Striking strength aren't correlated, but riddle me this. How does one have the strength to one-punch the universe and cause it to collapse, but not having the strength to lift say, a single planet?

We are not going to get rid of our separation of lifting and striking strength in general. I agree that your example does not make logical sense, but fiction is seldom logical.

That said, given that the black hole feat was explicitly a lifting strength exertion, it might be warranted in this case, but it depends on what the rest of the staff thinks.

We could make their lifting strength "at least X" and if the series comes back, we could throw in a "likely higher" to accommodate the constant growth in the characters strength.

Also Pre Stellar seems the most reasonable, anything above that seems dodgy imo and anything lower feels unfair.

Well, I think that pre-stellar is far too lowballed. Unknown would be better in that case.

But we have a base, if we use that Black hole feat We could then add "likely higher" to compliment it.

Or if We use Pre Stellar, we could easily say "likely far higher" and that would be sufficient.

This is an indexing site right? Either of those two options would be better than an "unknown rating" which would be silly, since we have more than enough feats already to determine their lifting strength. That's just my two cents.

Also I am fine with the Black Hole feat, I thought you didn't treat it as a black hole in my post regarding "Pre Stellar"

Well, we would need input from more administrators before anything is implemented.

I think 'atleast pre stellar,likely higher' is fine. There are two feats one from Tupper and the other the black hole one and this scales to base Goku,18 and comparable characters and it shouldn't be left unknown becausw of AP because whe rated Hades(saint seiya) at multi stellar lifting strength and he is 2C

Can somebody link to the black hole calculation?

Heres one I found by Dodo. The justification for the "possibly higher" would be (more professional structure of course): He was extremely weakened and out of stamina, aswell as getting much stronger by breaking his limits and mastering UI over the course of the tournament.

Well, it still need to be accepted by the calc group members before we can use it.

I think that somebody can start a new highlighted content revision thread for upgrading the high-tier Dragon Ball characters to Pre-Stellar or "At least Pre-Stellar" lifting strengths then.

Thank you assalt. I'm currently heading out with some friends and on my phone, so if someone could start that thread it would be great.

Back