• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Godzilla (Godzilla 2000: Millennium) vs Gamera (Gamera Rebirth) [0-2-0]

Peppersalt43

They/Them
Speed equalized, fight takes place in New York, 200 meters apart. Kinda surprised this hasn't happened yet considering DB remakes done here and stuff

Godzilla : 0

Gamera : 2

Incon : 0

Last edited:
I really find it frustrating how light Gamera is compared to Godzilla when logically due to its size he should be heavier.

But weight aside, Godzilla does triumph over Gamera physically but Gamera beats him in terms of abilities and intelligence.

Gamera is a lot more agile and is capable of flying which gives him an edge and his biggest trump card in this battle is his intelligence. While Godzilla isn't just animalistic, he can't really create tactics and strategies much like Gamera can. I'd reckon that Godzilla would have the upper-hand in the first portion of the fight but after sparring a bit Gamera learns Godzilla's powers and tactics and learns how to counter them. It also helps that Gamera has a quite a bit better regeneration capabilities than Godzilla in this scenario so Gamera is capable of recovering from damage much quicker than Godzilla. In the end I'd reckon Gamera pulls a similar move like he did with Guiron and just slices Godzilla in half.

My vote goes for Gamera High-Diff.

In the end I'd reckon Gamera pulls a similar move like he did with Guiron and just slices Godzilla in half.
What stops Godzilla from just blasting gamera mid air should gamera attempt to do that, Godzilla did against the UFO which is as fast as himself, he should easily do it here since speed is Equalized. Not to mention gamera is only regular High 6-B and goji is High 6-B+ and has a 1.3x ap advantage (if I did the math right)

What stops Godzilla from just blasting gamera mid air should gamera attempt to do that, Godzilla did against the UFO which is as fast as himself, he should easily do it here since speed is Equalized. Not to mention gamera is only regular High 6-B and goji is High 6-B+ and has a 1.3x ap advantage (if I did the math right)
Well Gamera has two modes of flight, one where is partially exposed and the other which he's fully retracted into his shell and becomes a living buzzsaw.

The former allows Gamera to shoot back at Godzilla while also flying away but he is in fact vulnerable to what you're saying, he can be shot down. The latter one however makes Gamera nigh-invulnerable. Guiron who at that point was mutilating Gamera alive and cleaving his entire body was utterly hopeless of doing any damage to gamera. While in that mode he could also redirect energy projectiles away from his body while also being fully protected, all the while spinning at such rabid rates he could cleave clean through Guiron without a single effort.

Edit: Guiron was also MUCH faster and more agile than Gamera in every aspect and he was caught offguard by Gamera.

The latter one however makes Gamera nigh-invulnerable. Guiron who at that point was mutilating Gamera alive and cleaving his entire body was utterly hopeless of doing any damage to gamera. While in that mode he could also redirect energy projectiles away from his body while also being fully protected, all the while spinning at such rabid rates he could cleave clean through Guiron without a single effort.
Invulnerablility is something that should be added to his profile then. I wouldn't count out Godzilla out just yet tho seeing as he realized he need to have orga consume him so he could kill him from the inside

That's what I said, Godzilla isn't animalistic in intelligence and is capable of forming a cohesive plan but it isn't on par with Gamera's capability to create tactics and strategies. There's also the issue of agility here, which while the speed is equalized, the agility is a big problem for godzilla as while he dominates Gamera physically he is a bit stiff with his movements and isn't as mobile as Gamera is.

And I agree with you that there should be invulnerability added to the Gamera's profile but sadly I am not a supporter, just a fan of both Godzilla and Gamera franchises.

Back