• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deleted

Asriel can just kill Calypso with anything he has on his arsenal, but I'm not exactly seeing any mind hax resistance on his profile.

I think I'm going to wait this one out and see what others have to say.

I'm getting flashbacks from the many times Ness was spammed in the past with really weird matchups. This is no different.

Curious, would Calypso be able steal Asriel's powers?

Two wrongs don't make a right though. This would be NLF regardless.

If they are on a 4D scale (which I know for a fact some of Asriel's abilities are on that scale), then Power Absorption wouldn't work. Otherwise his other hax can get stripped away from him, I think.

So this is just who shoots first? Asriel one-shots with a sneeze and has soul absorption but Calypso has mind-hax. What does Calypso start with?

So this is just who shoots first? Asriel one-shots with a sneeze and has soul absorption but Calypso has mind-hax. What does Calypso start with?
I think so. If Asriel's hax don't require anything other than a thought, then I think this is just a boring Inconclusive since everything Calypso uses only requires a simple thought to activate and thus it would come down to who activates their abilities first.

Calypso's starting move aren't well defined in his series since they are all entirely based on granting wishes, but he's used things such as BFR, Sealing, Planetary Soul Hax, etc. Although since he has prior knowledge here, I think he would lead off with Mind corruption.

Asriel could attempt to absorb his soul, which is thought-based but I'm not sure if he'd do this immediately (he might considering Calypso looks human). His attacks require some hand movement except maybe Hyper Goner, which again, I don't think he'd bust out on the get-go.

He has prior knowledge? Huh, this seems like it goes to Calypso since the odds are pretty stacked in his favor with that.

@MikeBro25
On one hand, this match is almost unfairly stacked in Calypso's favor.

On the other hand, it would be inconclusive if both were bloodlusted or a stomp for Asriel depending on how SAVE/LOAD work here.

So it's soul succ vs mind fucc.

Personally, I see this as Inconclusive. Both have quick-to-fire instawin moves that they could start with.

I'm willing to vote Inconclusive, but if Asriel's soul hax require some form of hand movement, wouldn't Calypso be able to mind hax him first before anything happens?

They don't IIRC, at least the absorption. He just sucks everyone in the Underground.

What is the potency of Calypso mind manipulation? Because Asriel may be hard to mind hax due to him absorbing all the monsters to be with him (which should mean that Asriel have many souls and minds of the other monsters that whithin him what from what I know would make him harder to mind hax unless Calypso have a enough potency to effect all the mind that whithin Asriel)

Off topic, but I want to say that Calypso notable victories seems so cool, I mean just look at it, he beat Bugs, Chowder, Bill Cipher, Chara and also have no loses!!!!

In Twisted Metal 2, Calypso granted the wish of a Grim Reaper wanting to accelerate the process in which people would die so he could absorb their souls for his personal gain. In which, without much effort, Calypso had corrupted the minds of the entire Earth to kill each other so that Mr Grimm could absorb their souls.

So pretty much it's Planetary in potency.

Back