• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Simple. His SS arc key says "at most 6-B". I think it should say "at most 6-B, higher with Bankai" because Gin most likely unlocked his bankai before the SS arc

Not all bankai increase AP. His bankai is stated to increase his speed.
Doesn't Bankai increase power by at least 5 times? He also barely pierced Byakuya with his Shikai then casually sliced Karakura Town in half with his Bankai

The last I remember there was a CRT about bankai and they were treated seperatly because not everyon has an increase an AP aka Ikkaku's bankai for example. Damage was a big supporter of this case. I don't know if this was change with another CRT or not.

Doesn't Bankai increase power by at least 5 times? He also barely pierced Byakuya with his Shikai then casually sliced Karakura Town in half with his Bankai
You say it as if Byakuya’s durability is lower than the amount of force it takes to cut Karakura Town

but as mentioned before with Ikkaku, not all Bankai increase stats. They increase ‘combat ability’

For Ikkaku, it’s just his AP and nothing else

For Byakuya, it’s stats related to his Zanpakuto, but he doesn’t seem to gain any physical amps.

For Yama, it seems only his AP and potentially durability gets drastic increases, but his speed and physical strength seems to remain the same based on his battle with Royd.

And then there’s anomalies like Toshiro in both immature and mature Bankai that seem to get increases to physical strength, speed, durability, (based in his performances against Halibel and Gerard, and somewhat noted in CFYOW when Halibel compared Hikone’s stats to FKT Toshiro) and his Ice’s range, volume, AP etc

So Bankai stat amps are case by case

Last edited:
Even if his bankai increasing his Attack Potency was denied for whatever reason, his attack speed for his SS key would still need to be upgraded

Pretty sure his bankai increases his attack potency. If it doesn't, then his Arrancar Arc key shouldn't say "higher with Buto Renjin" since if he had his bankai since the ss arc his ss key would also say "higher with Buto Renjin"

Pretty sure his bankai increases his attack potency. If it doesn't, then his Arrancar Arc key shouldn't say "higher with Buto Renjin" since if he had his bankai since the ss arc his ss key would also say "higher with Buto Renjin"
I'm also in the process of working on low-tier revisions in the SS arc, so I can make sure to fix up Gin's profile then as well.

Back