• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gigantamx Machamp vs Mega Lucario

The_Pink_God

She/Her
Would you believe me if I said this idea came out of the blue and that I did not get this from the anime?
  • Speed equal
  • 20 meters distance
images

Vs
images

Gigantamax Machamp: 3
Mega Lucario: 1
Inconclusive:

Last edited:
I vote Machamp due to type advantage and all the benefits granted by the Dynamax form and the various moves, I believe they are too much of an advantage compared to what Mega Lucario has.

I vote Machamp due to type advantage and all the benefits granted by the Dynamax form and the various moves, I believe they are too much of an advantage compared to what Mega Lucario has.
well, gigantamax is bassically mega evolution but you are giant and all your moves are Z-moves, going with Machamp fra

Wasn't that already done in the anime?

Also, speaking of the anime, Ash's Lucario and Bea's Machamp were pretty evenly matched in their Base form, but Mega Lucario overwhelmed Gigantamax Machamp

The only thing that is even used to scale Megas is that "they are stronger than Thick Club Marowak", which isn't wrong, but the feats of Ash VS Bea actually shows in the anime how Mega Evolution fares against Gigantamax, especially since in XY we got nothing to compare them to

Wasn't that already done in the anime?

Also, speaking of the anime, Ash's Lucario and Bea's Machamp were pretty evenly matched in their Base form, but Mega Lucario overwhelmed Gigantamax Machamp

The only thing that is even used to scale Megas is that "they are stronger than Thick Club Marowak", which isn't wrong, but the feats of Ash VS Bea actually shows in the anime how Mega Evolution fares against Gigantamax, especially since in XY we got nothing to compare them to
you can also say that ash lucario was better trained than gigantamax maxhamp, just going fom a battle in the anime seens kinda wrong expecially with trainer intervision

you can also say that ash lucario was better trained than gigantamax maxhamp, just going fom a battle in the anime seens kinda wrong expecially with trainer intervision
But they were even in Base form. If Mega Evolution would really just be 2 times while Gigantamax is 5 times, then Base Lucario would've easily overpowered Base Machamp due to 2.5 times AP advantage, but that wasn't the case. Bea's Machamp is clearly very trained, enough to fight equally with Base Lucario before Gigantamaxing

Machamp literally even managed to restrain Lucario and greatly damage him before Lucario finally escaped his grasp

It surely isn't a stomp, but these two are assumed to be wild mons, without trainers behind, since the way and amount of training they have received can have great influence on a Pokemon match.

It surely isn't a stomp, but these two are assumed to be wild mons, without trainers behind, since the way and amount of training they have received can have great influence on a Pokemon match.
Why would the boost from Mega Evolution suddenly change in relation to Base power just because they have a trainer? And btw the scaling used for Gigantamax is also based on a trained Gigantamax mon so it still works even if it was the case

Also could be just Plot armor for ash,

Ok, so how guzma desfeated a Mega kengaskan with a normal scissor? Trainer influence, strategie etc

Also could be just Plot armor for ash,
Headcanon unless you can prove that it shouldn't be the case

Literally nothing in lore suggest Mega Evolution is inherently weaker than Dynamax or Gigantamax
Ok, so how guzma desfeated a Mega kengaskan with a normal scissor? Trainer influence, strategie etc
Because Scizor is just stronger?

And I think you missed the part where I said Lucario and Machamp were EQUAL in Base form. So it's false equivalence

No, scizor was clearly weaker in that fighr
Oh right I remeber. It was because Scizor kept aiming for the child, and the Mother went in to protect her child each time Scizor attacked, damaging her more and more while Guzma attacked her while aiming for the child

That caused the mother to take too much damage, until she couldn't take any more ans fainted. This had nothing to do with Scizor's power, and he pretty much always caught the mother off guard as she was trying to protect her child

Oh right I remeber. It was because Scizor kept aiming for the child, and the Mother went in to protect her child each time Scizor attacked, damaging her more and more while Guzma attacked her while aiming for the child

That caused the mother to take too much damage, until she couldn't take any more ans fainted. This had nothing to do with Scizor's power, and he pretty much always caught the mother off guard as she was trying to protect her child
Exactly, pokemons trained by humans are diferent them trained, even pokemon that were trained act diferent when there's no trainer to comand them, that's why I say this battle shouldn't be a important factor here

Exactly, pokemons trained by humans are diferent them trained, even pokemon that were trained act diferent when there's no trainer to comand them, that's why I say this battle shouldn't be a important factor here
No it doesn't. Scizor only won because the mother was keen to protect the child from it, and Guzma used this cheap tactic to win, not because it was stronger

And how the hell did you reached this based on what I said?

Khangaskans are also naturally very protective of their child, so her behavior is nkt so different than that of a wild Khangaskan

Besides, you still did not answered my argument of explain why Base Lucario = Base Machamp, but also Mega Lucario > Gigantamax Machamp, and considering this is the first time Mega Evolution battled Gigantamax, this is a very clear feat

No it doesn't. Scizor only won because the mother was keen to protect the child from it, and Guzma used this cheap tactic to win, not because it was stronger

And how the hell did you reached this based on what I said?
I mean a fuking traineless pokemon wouldn't use strategies or even be able to land a hit like this in combat and this scissor would be fuck3d if both were willd

Besides, you still did not answered my argument of explain why Base Lucario = Base Machamp, but also Mega Lucario > Gigantamax Machamp, and considering this is the first time Mega Evolution battled Gigantamax, this is a very clear feat
We even know what level thwy were? One could have outleveld the other by a lot, thouse being even durig the base form fight and lucaron possble outlevewing by a great amount machamp being in the advantage

I mean a fuking traineless pokemon wouldn't use strategies or even be able to land a hit like this in combat and this scissor would be fuck3d if both were willd
I still don't see how it is connected. Of course in normal circumstances Mega Khangaskan >>> Scizor, but here Scizor won becasue Guzma used cheap tactics by attacking the child and forcing the mother to be damaged instead to protect it.
We even know what level thwy were? One could have outleveld the other by a lot, thouse being even durig the base form fight and lucaron possble outlevewing by a great amount machamp being in the advantage
Levels are game mechanics and doesn't apply to the anime. Also, I literally mentioned they were EQUAL in Base, while Lucario had the advantage when it was Mega VS G-Max, so that would logically means the boost is also in a similar caliber to G-Max

Again, unless you have actual evidence to disprove the feat, all of these speculations are just your headcanon

Back