• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gibbering Mouther CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tllmbrg

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Some abilities addition, some to take away and additions to the weakness and speed section

Powers to add:
Fragrance Manipulation (Shown here) - Dragon Magazine Issue 160 Page 57
Martial Arts (Via Weapon Finess and Improved Grab) - Lords of Madness: The Book of Aberrations Page 150
Adaption (Can change its metabolism in order to incorporate what is in the surroundings as nutrients) - Dragon Magazine Issue 160 Page 57
Camouflage (Shown here) - Monster Manual II 1e Page 69
Self Substance Type 1 and resistance to Poison Manipulation (Shown here) - Dragon Magazine Issue 160 Page 57
Resistance to Pressure Points (Can't be hit in a weak spot) - Lords of Madness: The Book of Aberrations Page 151
Resistance to Soul Manipulation and Mind Manipulation (Houses multiple minds and souls inside itself) - Dragon Magazine Issue 160 Page 57
Possibly resistance to Telepathy (Shown here) - Dragon Magazine Issue 160 Page 57

Powers to remove:

Large Size as it's based on Shond Tharion (Empires of The Sea Page 89) who's atypical Mouther considering he's a single mind not to mention that Mouther when reach a certain size they split themselves into 2 smaller Mouthers (Dragon Magazine Issue 160 Page 57), off the stats should be changed to reflect this change accordingly which means to remove the 6-C end
This would also remove their high end intelligence rating since it's also reliant on this character

Weakness to add:
Can't dissolve this materials - Dragon Magazine Issue 160 Page 57
Gibbering can be countered by mere earplugs - Dragon Magazine Issue 160 Page 56

Speed addition:

Should have "Higher with Lightning Reflexes" - Lords of Madness: The Book of Aberrations Page 150

Last edited:
agree with all of the powers, though resistances in general should be noted to be extreme cases given the verse they belong to where most monsters worthy of pages have some level of resistance to everything

I still generally disagree with removing the significant high end of their size. Yeah, he was a special Gibbering Mouther, but he represents the largest they can physically reach (thus far) and thus its worthy of documentation that they as a species can reach that limit. Just like if we had a Humans page, it would list up to Usain Bolt's speed, even though he's the apex of humans. Same thing here.

you worded the weaknesses oddly, and I'm not sure it can be a weakness if its just countered by nulling one of the senses, but fair, ig.

aight.

agree with all of the powers, though resistances in general should be noted to be extreme cases given the verse they belong to where most monsters worthy of pages have some level of resistance to everything
I assume you mean soul and mind manipulation?
If so do I just write Extreme Resistance to?
I still generally disagree with removing the significant high end of their size. Yeah, he was a special Gibbering Mouther, but he represents the largest they can physically reach (thus far) and thus its worthy of documentation that they as a species can reach that limit. Just like if we had a Humans page, it would list up to Usain Bolt's speed, even though he's the apex of humans. Same thing here.
Thing is that in theory other people can reach Usain Bolt's speed on their own, due to how reproduction of Mouthers happens there's no way outside really bizarre cases that it'd be able to reach those on its own
Plus who's to say this's even Mouther's ability and not the Soul Gem's doing?
you worded the weaknesses oddly, and I'm not sure it can be a weakness if its just countered by nulling one of the senses, but fair, ig.
Imo considering the gibbering is the most famous ability the monster has we should note that it can be countered by blocking out sounds

Yeah, basically.

In your example mouthers can still theoretically reach his size. You're free to assume its the Soul Gem's doing, though without backing that's baseless comparatively. Implicit at best.

Again, sure, ig.

In your example mouthers can still theoretically reach his size. You're free to assume its the Soul Gem's doing, though without backing that's baseless comparatively. Implicit at best.
Ah ig then?
Imo we should make a page for Shond at least
Anyways I'm free to apply all of this yah?

I'm still against removing the key bits based on Shond as a notable member of the species, but otherwise, yes, you hereby have admin permission to apply new abilities and weaknesses.

I'm still against removing the key bits based on Shond as a notable member of the species, but otherwise, yes, you hereby have admin permission to apply new abilities and weaknesses.
No I meant have a page for him outside the Gibbering Mouther lol
Anyways noice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back