• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Giant's 7-B key's Lifting Strength

"Lifting Strength: At least Class 1"

... do I need to point out the mountain sized elephant in the room. Currently the Composite Human is stronger than this.
84AF2F69-E620-4B2B-A532-5D1C000FB631
I mean "at least" isn't wrong.

Why does it not have its own Lifting Strength key? (Also sorry if I'm coming off like an a** but this seems like a massive oversight)

Most likely the person who puts the stats just wanted to low ball, but since he didn't about weight measures it only put an arbitrary class and put a low value. Wouldn't say isn't the size of a mountain (610 m), but is pretty big to just be Class 1.

Technically there are very small mountains that he would be bigger than, but I am wondering what would be a better low ball than Class 1, because that just gets under my skin.

Welp, according to the profile it can reach low clouds, cumulus clouds are localized to at least 200 m above the surface, so that's means that the giant is at least (200/1.72)^3 = 1572200 times heavier than the average men, over 110000 tons; by default we gave giants the capacity to lift the half of their own weight, so over 55000 tons.

However, 200 m is not enough to yield 7-B results, 200 m would be Low 7-C according to the blog.

I should probably get Matthew then, he didn't make the profile, but he is one of the two main people behind the Elder Scrolls revision and is in the site right now.

I know it was for basic Giants, but why did the ancient giants not have their own lifting strength key?

Matthew Schroeder said:
This is just a lowball stat for baseline giants. We know of named Ancient Giants who are a lot stronger.
Anyways, do you agree or disagree with them being downgraded to low 7-C?

Back