• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Roman > Amber > Mickey > Mrs. Loomis > Billy >Stu > Charlie > Jill > Richie.
Roman is clearly the standout. Amber was also very impressive, outmaneuvering and beating Dewey + fighting both Sidney and Gale at the same time.
Mickey is an adult, and in very good shape. By virtue of that alone, he should scale above the teenagers. Amber outfeats him plainly, but the others don't.
Mrs. Loomis was doing pretty well against Sidney, and it's not like it's uncommon for grown women to be stronger than teenage boys. Being an adult, spending many hours on your feet, working long shifts etc can all strengthen you. I'm a foot taller than my mom, but she was stronger than me back when I was a teen - and she's scrawny. It's similar to "farm strong."
Billy above Stu and Charlie simply for being in better shape. The two are both pretty skinny. Stu at least got a chance to demonstrate a fight, so above Charlie with him.
Jill sucker-stabbed Sid, then overpowered a weakened Sid. Later sucker-punched Dewey. She seems to be the stealthiest of them all, since the others are only stealthy while wearing a costume that makes it hard to see them in the dark. Jill has two impressive sneak-attacks with the lights blaring. Still, she's a tiny girl, and a teen.
Richie demonstrated nothing. No pain tolerance, no combat skills, nothing. I would not even make his profile a thing. Dude scales to nothing.

Another thing to bring up: Sidney is not necessarily stronger in one every movie. In the first, she should be at her weakest. But there is no clear difference between 2 and 3 Sid. 4 was more gutsy, and took the fight to the killer, but isn't really a better fighter. By 5, she seems weaker than before, needing help to handle someone like Amber, who probably loses against Sid from 2-4-

I agree with this for the most part, except I think Mickey > Amber. Mickey was a serial killer prior to Scream 2, meaning he likely has more experience and is overall built a lot better.

I've been thinking about Richie. He still has 9-C via weapons, but is the only one who doesn't have any physically 9-C feats. I don't even think he got kills, all we know is that he attacked Mindy, was there during the Judy/Wes kill, and briefly fought Sidney and Sam.

I still think he deserves a profile, he fights alongside Amber and is seemingly the mastermind of the two. I wanna say he can scale to the other killers, but if not, he may just be 10-B, 9-C with weapons.

It always seemed to me that

Roman > Scream 2, 3 and 4 Sidney > Mickey > Debbie > Billy ~ Scream 1 Sidney > Stu ~ Charlie ~ Jill

I also have to say that fighting Gale and Dewey (except in Scream 3, the one film where he's not a complete failure) means very little, and in Dewey's case that goes double in Scream 5 where his existing jobber status is amped up to eleven.

needing help to handle someone like Amber
To be fair, at that point, they were both injured and bleeding; Sidney was stabbed, and Gale was shot, both in the abdomen.
No pain tolerance, no combat skills, nothing.
He had more of a passive role throughout the killings. Unlike Amber, who was already a part of the friend group, Richie had to integrate himself into their lives and gain their trust despite being a stranger, and he did this on top of grooming Sam for six months, on top of additionally handweaving some of the most climatic events of the film, such as the opening attack on Tara — he was the guy on the phone — the death of Dewey and the final confrontation at 261 Turner Lane. He also has that signature Ghostface twang, as evident by the hospital attack on Sam.

Also, most people agree he was the one who killed Wes after Amber killed Judy. They did so by comparing their M.O. — Amber tends to stab her victims multiple times, often to the point of obsessiveness being the signature Stu-esque looney, as seen with Tara, Jill, Dewey, and Chad, with the only detractor being Vince, so she brutally stabbed once in the artery; whereas Richie, as shown when he attacked Mindy, typically goes for one-and-done stabs in vital areas like the head or the face, being more Billy-esque and less nutty than Amber.

I now have Billy, Stu, Mrs. Loomis, Mickey, and Roman done, as well as the team profile for Ghostface (1996)

How should we go about this? Do we delete the current Ghostface profile, and just replace it with the individual ones?

I now have Billy, Stu, Mrs. Loomis, Mickey, and Roman done, as well as the team profile for Ghostface (1996)

How should we go about this? Do we delete the current Ghostface profile, and just replace it with the individual ones?
Probably best to keep it as a disambiguation page if possible.

To be fair, barring Scream 3 and 2022, Dewey is only ever taken down by sneak-attacks, really.
After completely failing over and over, though. He was able to shoot Roman from much further away in Scream 3 only to miss Charlie by several feet in Scream 4. And his whole character in Scream 5 was written to tear him down even further, as if that's necessary. Apart from Scream 3 you could replace Dewey with a blow up doll for any of his interactions with killers and the final outcome wouldn't change except that he'd deflate instead of dropping. Beating him is nothing impressive. Same with Gale, who consistently loses when any killer reaches her. She seems to fight back against Roman, but Roman was luring her and Dewey on purpose to lure Sidney.

In short, it's best to stick to scaling from Sidney and characters whose abilities and size are evident. At best Dewey and Gale are inconsistent, at worst utterly useless.

I have the time to post the profiles now. I can go ahead and post em, I'll also request the current Ghostface profile to be deleted, since we already have a Ghostface disambiguation page.

Thank **** we finally did this. It always pissed me off we composited him, like we didn’t even know what Scream is about

With the composite page gone, I can actually start uploading the new pages. I can start in a few hours.

However, one roadblock I've encountered is the guns they use. I'm not the best as telling which specific firearm they're using in each movie, I've just put in "Optional Equipment: Firearm" as a placeholder. That should work for now, but some help on which model of gun they all use between films would be helpful.

With the composite page gone, I can actually start uploading the new pages. I can start in a few hours.

However, one roadblock I've encountered is the guns they use. I'm not the best as telling which specific firearm they're using in each movie, I've just put in "Optional Equipment: Firearm" as a placeholder. That should work for now, but some help on which model of gun they all use between films would be helpful.
Mind sharing specific clips?

Wouldn't something like the IMFDB list all the guns used in the movie?

Scream 1 (1:52)

Scream 2 (0:07, they got the guns from the killers)

Scream 3 (2:19)

Scream 4 (1:38)

Scream 5 (0:02)

This also made me notice that Charlie is the only one to never use a gun in any way, aside from handing it to Jill.
Scream (1996) features the Beretta 92FS.
Scream 2 features the Glock 17.
Scream 3 features, among others, the American Derringer Model 1, which Roman steals from Mark.
Scream 4 features the Glock 17 once again.
Scream (2022), going back to basics, features the Beretta 92FS.

Should the attack speed of those guns be listed in their pages?

I've been busy, but today I will upload the pages for

•Billy
•Stu
•Mrs. Loomis
•Mickey
•Roman
•Ghostface (1996) (Team Profile)

Best to link them all here for inspection by everyone, and also to link them in the disambiguation page. Maybe wait until they're all ready before doing that though.

Back