• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Geten Ice Dragon Scaling Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, we’re back with revision number…..

Please, set us free.

Anyway, Geten’s ice dragon got calced at Town level (20 kilotons), so we got some revising to do.

These are the people that currently scale to Geten, and should be updated accordingly;
  • Dabi
  • Mount Lady
  • Cementoss
  • Gigantomachia (his lowest form)
Very simple no? This is consistent with Shoto not being leagues stronger than Dabi, and makes the jump in tier for Dabi when using flashfire less egregious.

However, we have another unexpected entry into this scaling chain: Re-Destro. As stated by Geten, he cares solely for power, and believe that power is the only thing that determines where you stand on the totem pole of life. Geten believes Re-Destro is far stronger than he is, and he knows his own power better than anyone. He would not be following Re-Destro if he was stronger than him.

Naturally, Re-Destro should scale to Geten for his AP at max, then higher with Claustro.

Geten cares a lot about strength, and has great respect for Re-Destro, so I'm fine with scaling Re-Destro from him.

I assume Kirishima's Unbreakable durability would scale from Gigantomachia.

Geten cares a lot about strength, and has great respect for Re-Destro, so I'm fine with scaling Re-Destro from him.

I assume Kirishima's Unbreakable durability would scale from Gigantomachia.
Knew I forgot something, but yes it would. His and Tetsu’s fire resistance would also be upgraded.

Why exactly do "Mountain Lady", "Gigantomachia (his lowest form)", "Kirishima" and "Tetsu-Tetsu" scaling?

Edgeshot also defeated Re-Destro and currently his profile has his durability scaling to Re-Destro. So he should also be included among those that will be upgraded.

Why exactly do "Mountain Lady", "Gigantomachia (his lowest form)", "Kirishima" and "Tetsu-Tetsu" scaling?
Mount Lady takes direct hits from Geten when she raids the Villa in the war, and even overpowers him while destroying his ice.

Gigantomachia scales because Dabi can’t even hurt him noticeably, and he is directly stated to be a threat to Re-Destro. Also he ragdolls Mount Lady. “Lowest form” is his state before he gets all hopped up on morale, and seems to be his most default “battle” mode.

Kirishima got flattened by Gigantomachia in his unbreakable form and got back up, so he scales.

Tetsu Testsu and Kirishima ran through Dabi’s flames while he was shooting at them and could withstand them, so their durability against fire scales to him (though Tetsu already scales to Todoroki’s own flame, which is also 7-C)

Also since if I remember correctly Awakened Tomura downscales from tanking attacks from Re-Destro his durability also becomes 8-A. Since even 1% of 20 Kilotons is 200 Tons assuming 100% Re-Destro is the one that scales to 20 Kilotons.

Also since if I remember correctly Awakened Tomura downscales from tanking attacks from Re-Destro his durability also becomes 8-A. Since even 1% of 20 Kilotons is 200 Tons assuming 100% Re-Destro is the one that scales to 20 Kilotons.
He doesn’t scale like that anymore. Re-Destro’s stress percentages shouldn’t be taken as “linear” since it’s a measure for how stressed he is, not how much strength he has.

I'm not seeing a reason for Re-Destro to be scaling here.

Having respect for Re-Destro (his leader) does not mean Re-Destro's attacks have to be stronger.

Geten's power clearly varies depeneding on the amount of ice he has access to. Re-Destro could easily be stronger than him most of the time but could be weaker once Geten gets enough ice.

Geten cares a lot of about strength, in fact he himself thinks that strength equals one status. Yet he still works under Re-Destro, even after everything. Considering his power equals status mentality, I don't believe he'd work under a man he could one shot.

I'm perfectly fine with Re-Destro's 100% scaling to Geten.

And of course I'm fine with the other scaling as well.

He doesn’t scale like that anymore. Re-Destro’s stress percentages shouldn’t be taken as “linear” since it’s a measure for how stressed he is, not how much strength he has.
Should we stop doing that then?

Since that's how we treat his Claustro boost, so Re-Destro become At least 8-C, possibly High 8-C in his lower stress form?

Geten cares a lot of about strength, in fact he himself thinks that strength equals one status. Yet he still works under Re-Destro, even after everything. Considering his power equals status mentality, I don't believe he'd work under a man he could one shot.

I'm perfectly fine with Re-Destro's 100% scaling to Geten.

And of course I'm fine with the other scaling as well.
Geten is indebted to Re-Destro because he helped make him stronger.

He could just be loyal to Re-Destro, not only following him because he sees himself as weaker.

I need evidence to support Re-Destro scaling to this calc not just "I don't think Geten would work under him if he didn't scale to it".

I'm not opposed on Re-Destro scaling, but I agree with Damage that Geten's respect for Re-Destro isn't a sufficient evidence for Doofenshmirtz to scale.

As Damage pointed out, Geten has more reasons to be loyal to Re-Destro. On top of that, while Geten upholds the "might makes right" ideology, that doesn't mean that's the only thing he cares about. Evidence being how Geten remains loyal to Re-Destro like all the MLA commanders instead of worshipping Shigaraki.

With that said, narratively it works that Re-Destro is stronger, and he does create shockwaves calced at 8-A, it could be that his actual physical blow is stronger, idk.

I'm not opposed on Re-Destro scaling, but I agree with Damage that Geten's respect for Re-Destro isn't a sufficient evidence for Doofenshmirtz to scale.
For the sake of discussion, I'll yield that this isn't enough evidence for Re-Destro to scale. We'll have to wait for more evidence, but the rest of the scaling should be alright.

Though I'm 100% certain he's comparable to Geten.

I've taken a look back at the feat in question, and to be honest I don't think the re-calc works.

I'm not sure if I should do a write-up in this thread, on the calc comments, or make a new thread to address this.

The calc comments of course, we can read it from there. Also it isn't a re-calc of anything.

I mean you can post it here of you want, but it should be on the blog too.

Posted on the calc:

I don't think the timeframe for this works. I've looked at the clip of it in the anime adaptation frame-by-frame and we simply don't see the mass of ice moving once it cuts from Dabi throwing his fire to the fire & ice clashing with each other at 45 seconds in.

Since it instantly cuts from the fire being launched to them clashing, with no sign of the ice moving, we cannot say that the entire ice structure arrived there in a single frame for the distance being used. We'd need first a frame of the ice not occupying that space then the ice occupying the space.

EDIT: Added in a new comment since Timmy responded there. I re-checked the scene using the full episode, and while the ordering is a little different the same problem still exists. We do not see the ice travelling the distance used in a single frame.

Last edited:
We should have another calc group member verify this at the least, though I believe you are correct that the 1 frame travel time is incorrect.

Yeah we can't see where the ice was before that frame, I guess it can't be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back