• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genshin Impact Traveler's Intelligence

"High, normally. Combat Genius. The Traveler can keep up with Childe, who is implied to be the most skilled in battle among the Fatui Harbingers, and after being empowered by the ambitions of the 99 Visions confiscated during the Vision Hunt Decree with the help of Yae Miko they were able to defeat Ei, the unparalleled progenitor of all Inazuman martial arts revolving around the sword and spear, in their second fight against her with Ei stating that the Traveler can help her improve the Musou no Hitotachi which is considered as the pinnacle of her skill as a sparring partner. Is skilled at finding and opening treasure chests and is generally good at solving riddles and is a competent adventurer capable of handling all sorts of commissions from the Adventurer's Guild even when they do not involve combat. Has also been shown to make noteworthy deductions, such as ascertaining the true identity of Zhongli before it is ever revealed, in spite of Zhongli's efforts to conceal the truth. They've been praised as a highly capable cook and have been noted to be very capable at interior design and arranging various items and buildings within the space of the Serenitea Pot using blueprints and the options the Serenitea Pot offers for refashioning it as the owner pleases."

This is what I would change the Traveler's Intelligence description into. Does that look good or does anyone have suggestions for improvement?
I've noticed that according to Shadows Amidst Snowstorms the Traveler is quite good at painting for someone who hasn't received any real education regarding something like this. They were also perceptive enough to notice the difference between Albedo and the imposter via the mark on the neck. They even wondered if the Fellflower and the other imposter were actually the same though they couldn't come to a definitive conclusion.
Heizou's Hangout Event includes the Traveler looking through case files and making conclusions, so that would also be interesting in regards to intelligence. They've also noticed Heizou hinting at something.
so in sumeru quest traveller was able to figure out that everyone was in a dream of repitiions while their dreams where being stolen form them by the sages really quick with the help of nahida.
According to Diluc's Voice-Overs the Traveler is apparently good at chess, so that's something new to consider.
Okay, the quoted comments should contain most of the relevant information that are relevant for determining how the Intelligence section should look like. There have been suggestions of Above Average or Gifted replacing High and a little bit of a discussion regarding Combat Genius.

Last edited:
"High, normally. Combat Genius. The Traveler can keep up with Childe, who is implied to be the most skilled in battle among the Fatui Harbingers, and after being empowered by the ambitions of the 99 Visions confiscated during the Vision Hunt Decree with the help of Yae Miko they were able to defeat Ei, the unparalleled progenitor of all Inazuman martial arts revolving around the sword and spear, in their second fight against her with Ei stating that the Traveler can help her improve the Musou no Hitotachi which is considered as the pinnacle of her skill as a sparring partner. Is skilled at finding and opening treasure chests and is generally good at solving riddles and is a competent adventurer capable of handling all sorts of commissions from the Adventurer's Guild even when they do not involve combat. Has also been shown to make noteworthy deductions, such as ascertaining the true identity of Zhongli before it is ever revealed, in spite of Zhongli's efforts to conceal the truth. They've been praised as a highly capable cook and have been noted to be very capable at interior design and arranging various items and buildings within the space of the Serenitea Pot using blueprints and the options the Serenitea Pot offers for refashioning it as the owner pleases."

This is what I would change the Traveler's Intelligence description into. Does that look good or does anyone have suggestions for improvement?
Gifted is more suitable than just high imo

I want to interfere but I am not an expert in this field, maybe Gifted is suitable for tabibito because he or she is a person who is quick to capture and digest information and make conclusions like in the archon quest sumeru.

I want to interfere but I am not an expert in this field, maybe Gifted is suitable for tabibito because he or she is a person who is quick to capture and digest information and make conclusions like in the archon quest sumeru.
Yeah, if I recall this right multiple characters do consider him quite capable on a mental level based on what they say about him which includes NPCs. The Sumeru quest has been mentioned already and it might also be interesting to note that in the current Mondstadt quest they are depicted as quite capable of running a business successfully and also deduced some things about Venti's poem.

Last edited:
His slightly strange idea was able to solve the problem at the mondstat selling event, and he was able to think of several ideas that were beyond reason when trapped in the time loop effect, able to guess the true identity of the mysterious little girl who was Kusanali, able to make conclusions only from Kusanali's words that used parables.

Last edited:
His slightly strange idea was able to solve the problem at the mondstat selling event, and he was able to think of several ideas that were beyond reason when trapped in the time loop effect, able to guess the true identity of the mysterious little boy who was Kusanali, able to make conclusions only from Kusanali's words that used parables.
Kusanali is a girl not a boy.

Okay, the quoted comments should contain most of the relevant information that are relevant for determining how the Intelligence section should look like. There have been suggestions of Above Average or Gifted replacing High and a little bit of a discussion regarding Combat Genius.
Yeah, if I recall this right multiple characters do consider him quite capable on a mental level based on what they say about him which includes NPCs. The Sumeru quest has been mentioned already and it might also be interesting to note that in the current Mondstadt quest they are depicted as quite capable of running a business successfully and also deduced some things about Venti's poem.
Bump.

I don't think much needs to be said here if people mostly agree or find it uncontroversial
I'll continue with this once I've properly catched up with the Archon Quests among other things.

I think considering the Traveler a combat genius who is merely above average in other areas might be reasonable. They did match a goddess after getting the attributes to take her on, and every time the Traveler trains or gains new experience it's always "adapting to this one enemy". The training for Shogun wasn't "to make the Traveler more skilled at combat" 'cause that would take an insane amount of time, it was just to get the Traveler to adapt to Shogun specifically. The way Traveler became better at fighting Scaramouche wasn't by training to increase their skills, it was just adapting to Scaramouche.

The Traveler very consistently shows zero increase in skill, instead only learning and adapting to new circumstances and developing their power. When an enemy is too much stronger for them to gain the necessary power to surpass them, the Traveler compensates by adapting to that specific opponent and, after getting the download on them, beats them.

The only case I can think of the Traveler becoming "more skilled" was when the entire Akasha was combining its intellectual power to give the Traveler tactics and strategy they needed to take on a God without having any physical buffs whatsoever. I'd liken that to something like Avatar Mode + Ultra Instinct, and yet it was merely "thinking of ways to beat them" at a much higher level: the Traveler had the experience to read Scaramouche's moves really well, and now needed to also gain the best tactics and strategies to beat them by receiving such information from the Akasha.

Back