• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General Pokemon Revisions

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Hello, with the help (pestering ovo) of others, I have gathered some stuff that could upgrade our general Pokemon ratings.

Tier 6 Fully Evolved Pokemo
So we have multiple Tier 6 feats for Pokemon that has been brought to my attention and they seem consistent enough to upgrade our general Pokemon ratings.

Charizard melts mountains (high end)

Tyranitar walks (high end)

Gen 4 Thunder (using Lucas (the player) as the viewer)

Alakazam (anime) makes a storm

Dragonair (anime) makes a storm

Deliberd (manga) freezes an ocean

Octilery (manga) uses Gunk Shot

Final Form Starters destroy a false Kyogre (manga; OBD version)

These feats were consistently in the 6-C-High 6-C range. So this may upgrade Fully evolved Pokemon.

Format for Trainer Profiles
This is something I came up with and if you have followed the Digimon Revisions, you'd know where I'm going with this. This is going to be a shared format with Digimon Tamers.

See Rebel Yasu as an example of what I will explain below.

First off, the human tier is unneeded. The files focus on the combination of Pokemon, not the human in reality. Only thing that should be noted about the human is their access to helpful items.

Now for Abilities. Hopefully you've looked at the Yasu profile above and see what I'm going for. Simply put, when you make a trainer file, make sure you detail what exact abilities the Pokemon has.

"What do we do about pre-evolutions"

Most Pokemon have the same movesets of final forms, however, in the case that they don't, we would list the pre-evo's powers and then put "All previous abilities"

For example,

We have Charmander, Charmeleon and Charizard. This is an abridged version of course.

Superhuman physical characteristics, Fire Manipulation (Charmander and Charmeleon), All previous abilities, Flight, Draconic Energy Manipulation.

However, there is one rule I must put into place. Trainer Pokemon should be limited to the moves they canonically have, so when you make the trainer file, keep it in mind.

If anyone needs more explaining then ask me.

Also, I realize that this seems like "a lot of work", however, Pokemon is a verse we cannot be lazy with. You have to be willing to put in the work to make the best of the files am I right? It's easy once you do it the first time.

If dragon starts to make the pokemon revisions we may end up with tier 2 casual pokemon ovo

Dragonair (anime) makes a storm

First off, sorry about all the words.

Pardon me, please. Technically, Dragonair isn't fully evolved. Dragonite is, but said feat was via weather manipulation, which I'm unsure of Dragonite having; Dragonair's affirmed to have it via Pokedex entries & feats, but Dragonair lacks such Pokedex entries & even worse, also lacks level-up &/or egg moves supporting it having weather manipulation. Of course, it's still an evolved form of Dragonair, & thus, stronger, & IIRC, if the logic is if Dragonair can show that much energy making a storm, then Dragonite should be able to demonstrate having more power.

ANYWAY. On perhaps a more productive point, is it too early to discuss the new hax shown in the most recent official Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon trailer?

I'm also wondering about something that I fear has been discussed to death, & I apologize if so, but.... While browsing some text in the Malie Library, I noticed this:

The empty sky broke asunder, a hole appearing where had been none. A single beast appeared from in it: it was named the beast that calls the moon. The king of Alola bowed before it: the beast that stole all heavens's light.
~ Quote​
Lunala also has this Pokedex entry:

Moo Said to live in another world, this Pokémon devours light, drawing the moonless dark veil of night over the brightness of day.
Would it be reasonable to assume that Lunala may have an off-screen feat of taking all the visible light from Alola's sky, such as to make it go from day to night, or the like? Being called "the beast that stole all heaven's light" suggests to me it did do some light removal, & it definitely devours light. Is it possible to calculate? Is it worth it to do so?

One other thing is some other dialogue from the library:

The Guardian Deities of the Islands The tapu regularly keep themselves closed tight in their shells as they absorb nature's energy. After many long years of absorbing such energy, their shells become hard and sturdy.
~ Quote​
Could this be considered evidence of the Tapu have energy absorption abilities, if limited, passive &/or over time ones?

Also, maybe not the best support for its case, but I also noticed this NPC dialogue.

Bruxish is a Pokémon that puts fear even into Pokémon like Sharpedo! That's why lifeguards on the beaches often help out and get helped out by Bruxish- because they help keep the beaches safe. Boy, that takes me back to the days of my own youth spent on the beach...
Sharpedo has a profile on our wiki, & I'd assume that Bruxish is putting fear into it, it's likely because it's ferocious enough that Sharpedo wouldn't want to take its chances fighting Bruxish. So would it be worth it to give Bruxish a profile based on this presumable scaling?

Hopefully this is at all helpful & not too much of a disturbance to the thread.

I agree with the OP's suggestions; I'll have to think about some of these other ones.

If finding the size of certain locations in the series becomes a necessity, I know of a site that may be of use. Pokearth shows maps of most of the locations in the games, with detailed spirte maps to boot! One could probably get higher results from the anime adaptations, however.

EDIT: Whoa, wait, it looks as if Pokearth has undergone massive renovations, that may not be helpful after all. My apologies. The official guides may help us determine the size of certain landmarks; here's a site with scans of some of them. You may need 7-zip to open the files.

I haven't got to them yet, but I have almost a dozen Pokemon calcs to get through. Most should yield around Tier 6 when finished.

I really have no qualms with scaling off of weather moves. Theirs literally no reason why telekinetically moving clouds would be weaker then their offensive attacks.

A much smaller thing, but the rocks shown to be moved by Strength were calculated to be Class 5 lifting strength, so Pokémon that can learn Strength, naturally or otherwise (because no one naturally learns Strength), should have that as a safe minimum.

Back