• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General Grievous vs Megatron

Ok, so Megs has the AP Advantage, and would definitely open with a few shots from his Fusion Cannon. If Grievous survives, he probably cuts Megs into pieces.

Not sure I'm going with yet, but I'm leaning towards Megs because of the AP gap.

Good god, that theme.

How does one go from being, in their first appearance, a Terminator wielding sabers, to what Grievous was in the movie?

The script didn't allow him to show his violence in actions, so he was just as violent in his mind. He also escaped twice and was claimed to be a coward, which makes perfect sense but wasn't by no means a character trait of him that he would always fully manifest.

This much was fine, but then the 2008 Clone Wars series saw the movie in a vacuum and made that their Grievous.

Eficiente said:
The script didn't allow him to show his violence in actions, so he was just as violent in his mind. He also escaped twice and was claimed to be a coward, which makes perfect sense but wasn't by no means a character trait of him that he would always fully manifest.

This much was fine, but then the 2008 Clone Wars series saw the movie in a vacuum and made that their Grievous.
I hate Dave Filoni so much for what he did to Grievous, and the whole Separatist Alliance for that matter. They were portrayed is incompetent punching bags throughout the entire show. Calling it "Clone Wars" seems ridiculous to me since it was so one-sided.

Needless to say, The Clone Wars is a pretty good show, it's just that it simultaneously ruins a few things which will sadly may or may not will be portrayed in the same way in the future because that's the notion people will have of how things are.

So how is Megatron getting around the fact that Grievous can Sneak around Force Sensitives and just ***** him up that way?

I'm pretty sure Grievous is more for an up close and personal approach, especially since it's a Robot and Grievous probably won't have to fear any force-based abilities from it, since he doesn't know Droids can be Force Sensitive. (Don't forget Scrappy the Jedi Droid.)

Back