• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garou VS Garfiel (One Punch Man VS Re:Zero) - (5-1-0)

Phoenks

FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator

Garou the Human Monster VS Garfiel the Gorgeous Tiger​

I noticed that these two share the same tiers, even with Accelerated Development/Reactive Evolution. Curious how it would go, since I really like both of these dudes.

Tried to get matching images. This was the best I could do. Ah, well, I think it works.

SHBCmfz.png
T0wDklD.png

Conditions:
  • The only win condition is DEATH!
  • Speed is equalized.
  • Starting distance: 100m.
  • Prior Knowledge: Garfiel knows about the mechanics/function of Garou's Roaring Aura Sky Ripping Fist.
  • The full extent of both of their potential is allowed, even if it crosses into other tiers. They both start at 7-A, however.
  • Post-Darkshine Garou and Arc 7 Garfiel are used.
  • Votes are only counted if you explicitly say "I am voting for x" or make an "FRA" post and similar. I don't want to make any assumptions.
I'm interested to see how this works out.

Votes:
Garou:
5: MrTayman616, TheRadiantSoul, LegendariumOfLies, VeneficaAuthor, Arkansalter2
Garfiel: 1: SatellaTheWoE,

Last edited:
I'm voting for Garou. His dur neg is capable of one shotting enemies who are at his lvl stated by Bomb. Also Garou's growth is seemingly superior, even his speed and such stats are growing to the point the enemy can't reach anymore.

Even if Garfiel knows about his Roaring Aura Sky Ripping Fist, Garou also has water stream rock smashing fist. he can make a combo using one after another.

Does Garfiel have a wincon?

Last edited:
@Catbowtie This Garfiel, ehh that would be a lot to go through. Any skilled mage/fighter can predict future attacks, even 7 year old Emilia with no training can do that. Fights at his level are instantaneous with no delay between thought, and action, he can beat mind readers by fighting without thinking etc.

Shinobi from like 40 years ago, underwent grueling training which made them have "perfect" skill, Olbart who is the head honco of those Shinobi, thus superior, is invisible to things like passive aoe attacks which already works on other invisible stuff, Garfiel instincts let him react to Olbart regardless. Then he copied Olbart's techniques which lets him redirect the force of his opponents attacks.

Basically at this point Garfiel just straight up counters and copies anything used on him.

There is other stuff too like even fodder being able to slow down their perception of time so much, they can feel like individual grains of sand, and react to stuff faster than them, Wilhelm also showed this sort of thing of slowing down his perception against an equal, thus giving himself time to react.

Ehh it's too much to go over, hence why I need to revamp my Flow Method blog. Basically name a thing, and some Re Zero character has probably done it. Would have to think where I would put Garfiel in the skill chain at this point, maybe Young Wilhelm level? He should be pretty up there, not Theresia/Cecilus level though.

Last edited:
That's what happens you have 39 volumes of content (not including all the side content), focused around fighters and swordsman, to make things interesting, you have to keep upping the stakes, things start getting ridiculous.

First read through, I didn't notice any of this stuff, later read throughs, you start noticing stuff, and then you get to the latest arcs where Cecilus is dodging rain, and slowing his perception of time so much, another Cecilus shows up and he can swing his sword hundreds of millions of times in his mind, and reap the fruits of that mental training in reality, with like not even a second passing in reality, yea skill just starts screaming at you.

My favorite is the bs intuition which makes characters find and figure out stuff that even geniuses can't figure out.

Garfiel outskills at the beginning and has a MASSIVE AP advantage
Voting for him
Bruh they have like the same AP at the start.

Also, tbh Idk if Garfiel really out skills.

Both have practically the same exact skills.

Garfiel scales above people who have the instincts to dodge invisible AoE attacks.

Garou has the instincts to fight master martial artists who also have instincts and predictive abilities while he's literally unconscious.

Both can copy things at a glance. Garou can even copy things at a glance while unconcious.

Both can reflect pretty much anything with their respective techniques.

Both can predict attacks based on a number of observed factors.

Etc etc...

Garfiel scales above people who have the instincts to dodge invisible AoE attacks.

Garou has the instincts to fight master martial artists who also have instincts and predictive abilities while he's literally unconscious.
Interesting comparison here, Elsa did dodge Ram's invisible wind attack which blew up the room she was in, she was also under the effects of Shamac which was interfering with her senses though.

Not only did she dodge the attack, she also accurately targeted Frederica's vitals...

Elsa has no resistance to Shamac, meanwhile apparently a more skilled person like Ley can brush off Beatrice's Shamac which affects all 5 senses with skill.

Anyway seems like this will turn into another skill debate, typical Re Zero thread here guys.

This key of Garou is where his RE really starts kicking into full gear. I'm pretty sure it's right after the darkshine fight that he gains that Monster shell over himself, although he takes a while to get to the surface, but even when unconscious he is able to beat up both Bang and Bomb back to back by the time he gets there

Interesting comparison here, Elsa did dodge Ram's invisible wind attack which blew up the room she was in, she was also under the effects of Shamac which was interfering with her senses though.

Not only did she dodge the attack, she also accurately targeted Frederica's vitals...

Elsa has no resistance to Shamac, meanwhile apparently a more skilled person like Ley can brush off Beatrice's Shamac which affects all 5 senses with skill.

Anyway seems like this will turn into another skill debate, typical Re Zero thread here guys.
I don't really know how to compare one to the other cause they're very different types of skill.

Fighting while having all your senses distorted and fighting while you are literally sleeping...

I will say though you can get Garou to pretty absurd levels

Bang is comparable to Atomic Samurai, who surpasses his students.

His students can cut through a hundred thousand strands of hair each being puppeteered as an attack by just predicting their killing intent while their eyes are closed.

Garou can fight with Bang while unconcious. And exponentially grows in skill from there.

@Epiccheev Rain dodging is a Reinhard/Cecilus/Halibel level feat, Garfiel isn't there yet, he will someday because apparently Reinhard sees that kind of potential in him.

200x faster was a good meme, but if that was still legit, would now be like 40,000x faster, the difference between a normal human, and sub-relativistic....

Btw here is the feat I was mentioning, Jamal someone who is Second Class General tier, thus not even that skilled compared to anyone relevant, can slow down his perception of time to where he can feel every grain of sand that flew around, and even the existence of air that should have been invisible. This concentration is so extreme only a few seconds pass in reality, but hours for him.....

Jamal: [――Hk.]

As soon as he stepped out of the alley, a single arrows, clad in a gale, pierced toward Jamal.

Jamal responded to it with amazing reflexes, and cut it off with a clash of his twin swords. The impact bounced onto Jamal’s wrist, and his clenched teeth chattered as he laughed like a rabid dog.

The sensation of blood burning, heart leaping, and life boiling, overtook Jamal.

His extreme concentration made the world ******, and he felt as if he could feel every drop of sweat that ran down his skin, every grain of sand that flew around, and even the existence of air that should have been invisible.

Jamal: [――Hahaa!]

One after another, a storm of arrows poured down like a deluge.

Stepping on the ground, swinging his sword as if dancing, slicing the arrows and striking them down.

What ensued was a sword dance, the sword dance of Jamal Aurélie.

If things had gone well, they would have been able to enjoy the dance of the dancer who had been invited to the City Hall, the following day.

Jamal laughed at the thought that it had been ruined, and that he was the one dancing instead. But it was a dance with all his heart, a dance with all his body, a sword fight with all his energy.

Todd likewise marveled at Jamal’s efforts as he furiously handled the attack.

Todd followed without raising his voice, as a storm of lethal arrows rained down on him. This was a sign that he knew that if Jamal were distracted, it would directly lead to his death.

So Todd pushed Jamal away from his consciousness and focused all his energy on avoiding the impending “death”.

Straight ahead, evade, strike off, step in, jump, dispel, and cut open.

Jamal: [End of the corr―― Hk.]

Miraculously, they had finished the straight path of death and hit the end of the indicated path.

The passage of time was vague, and the sword dance must have only lasted several seconds, even if it felt like it had persisted for hours. However, they had only broken through the first barrier. Refusing to relax, Jamal did as he was told and turned right at the end of the road, where――,-Arc 7, Chapter 27

@Epiccheev Rain dodging is a Reinhard/Cecilus/Halibel level feat
Ik, it's just one of those so loony it's funny skill feats. (even if it's usually impossible since it depends on either RNG to having enough gap between raindrops to keep dodging or body control to contort themselves into fitting through otherwise impossible gaps) Only other verse i've seen doing it is Touhou.

is Garfiel's resistance enough? Kafma's attack is a shockwave attack from outside no? isn't Garou's attack superior to it?

Also Garou is superior when it comes to other stats like lifting strength and he has BFR as well, imagine Garou BFR Garfiel to space lmao .d

Garou's development would create a massive difference in speed, he's shown to grow hundreds of thousands times, from high hypersonic to FTL speeds in a very short time. while Garfiel's development doesn't seem to grow like that when it comes to speed.

Last edited:
@MrTayman616 Garfiel literally blow up his insides and kept fighting

Kafma: [And you, you must be seriously injured――Hk!]
Kafma’s earlier attack could have been described as a sneak attack, or a poisoned assassination of sorts.
Whether the means were proper or not, Kafma did not abstain from the act itself. If elegance was the difference between life and death in battle, then one should choose the means that suit one’s desired outcome.
If those fixations were related to whether or not a person was capable of performing at their best, then it would be a different story.
Kafma: “――――”
Whatever the case, the injuries to Garfiel’s whole body were unusual.
The largest injury he had sustained was head trauma from Kafma’s attack, but the damage wrought by the “insect” that had burrowed into him was also quite resounding. However, the same method would not work again.
Having swallowed the Fire Magic Stones, Garfiel’s body yet blazed red - hot.
His whole body was covered in flames, but the insides of his body were certainly in an even more unmanageable state of conflagration.
While the host body was at risk when implanting an “insect”, without a host was also extremely vulnerable and could easily die off, even in an environment that was only slightly harsh.
There was no such thing as an “insect” that could live in a body that was continuously burning.
Kafma: “The thought of it is terrifying.”
Even if he could use healing magic, he could not kill the “insect” with it. Instead, the “insect” needed to be removed in order for the magic to heal the wound.
This was the best way to break through that antinomy, but it seemed unlikely that he could think this up on his own.
Rather, it was probably the result of following instinct, rather than thinking with one’s head.
If he had thought it through with his head, he would have never been able to swallow the Magic Stone and set his body alight.-Arc 7, Chapter 89

@MrTayman616 Garfiel literally blow up his insides and kept fighting

Kafma: [And you, you must be seriously injured――Hk!]
Kafma’s earlier attack could have been described as a sneak attack, or a poisoned assassination of sorts.
Whether the means were proper or not, Kafma did not abstain from the act itself. If elegance was the difference between life and death in battle, then one should choose the means that suit one’s desired outcome.
If those fixations were related to whether or not a person was capable of performing at their best, then it would be a different story.
Kafma: “――――”
Whatever the case, the injuries to Garfiel’s whole body were unusual.
The largest injury he had sustained was head trauma from Kafma’s attack, but the damage wrought by the “insect” that had burrowed into him was also quite resounding. However, the same method would not work again.
Having swallowed the Fire Magic Stones, Garfiel’s body yet blazed red - hot.
His whole body was covered in flames, but the insides of his body were certainly in an even more unmanageable state of conflagration.
While the host body was at risk when implanting an “insect”, without a host was also extremely vulnerable and could easily die off, even in an environment that was only slightly harsh.
There was no such thing as an “insect” that could live in a body that was continuously burning.
Kafma: “The thought of it is terrifying.”
Even if he could use healing magic, he could not kill the “insect” with it. Instead, the “insect” needed to be removed in order for the magic to heal the wound.
This was the best way to break through that antinomy, but it seemed unlikely that he could think this up on his own.
Rather, it was probably the result of following instinct, rather than thinking with one’s head.
If he had thought it through with his head, he would have never been able to swallow the Magic Stone and set his body alight.-Arc 7, Chapter 89
Garou's attack breaks every single bone + he can damage and destroy all of his organ's as well. even though Garfiel shown cases where he continues to fight after a part of his inside blow up or gets outside his body, I don't think he'd resist against Garou's attack.

I think they would both render Garfield unable to fight. Even if Garfield is able to "fight after a part of his inside blow up" he's still losing essential parts of his body. If Garou breaks all the bones in his body, he has no leverage to move his muscles and legs, unless he can still do that?

Kafma's shockwave also turns the target into a cloud of red mist, which is significantly more dangerous than damaging bones and organs.
Yea, striking someone's internal organs is obviously more dangerous than turning them into a cloud of blood...

I don't think this shockwave argument goes anywhere imo.

And this is ignoring if it can hit in the first place since Garfiel has all the time in the world to dodge via slowing down his perception of time.

Kafma's shockwave also turns the target into a cloud of red mist, which is significantly more dangerous than damaging bones and organs.
not just "damaging", fully shattering every one of them into pieces . Also how they work isn't exactly the same. a vibration attack from outside and inside would be different.

Garou should win, even if we were to say they grow similarly when it comes to strength, he grows significantly faster than Garfiel when it comes to speed, reaching FTL levels of speed

Other options like BFR exist too, having vastly superior lifting strength and etc.

This feat is performed with the three aiding each other's backs though, its not their feat individually. Comparing this to Emilia's feat of predicting the arrows off intent and not the aura seems more impressive since error is taken into account for the trajectory and narrowness of avoiding the arrows as well as her not even being fast enough to see them you'd think her maneuverability is also more impressive.
I don't really know how to compare one to the other cause they're very different types of skill.

Fighting while having all your senses distorted and fighting while you are literally sleeping...
I think having your senses distorted is a much more impressive measure of skill since its not just off instinct while sleep fighting would be that but I don't know too much about either.

not just "damaging", fully shattering every one of them into pieces . Also how they work isn't exactly the same. a vibration attack from outside and inside would be different.

Garou should win, even if we were to say they grow similarly when it comes to strength, he grows significantly faster than Garfiel when it comes to speed, reaching FTL levels of speed

Other options like BFR exist too, having vastly superior lifting strength and etc.
Him having higher LS is actually quite useful in this scenario. Garou can rip out one of Garfiel's limbs, something he does in character, or toss him into space if he sees the fight is taking too long
Leaning towards Garou for these reasons.

Garou the Human Monster VS Garfiel the Gorgeous Tiger​

I noticed that these two share the same tiers, even with Accelerated Development/Reactive Evolution. Curious how it would go, since I really like both of these dudes.

Tried to get matching images. This was the best I could do. Ah, well, I think it works.

SHBCmfz.png
T0wDklD.png

Conditions:
  • The only win condition is DEATH!
  • Speed is equalized.
  • Starting distance: 100m.
  • Prior Knowledge: Garfiel knows about the mechanics/function of Garou's Roaring Aura Sky Ripping Fist.
  • The full extent of both of their potential is allowed, even if it crosses into other tiers. They both start at 7-A, however.
  • Post-Darkshine Garou and Arc 7 Garfiel are used.
  • Votes are only counted if you explicitly say "I am voting for x" or make an "FRA" post and similar. I don't want to make any assumptions.
I'm interested to see how this works out.
This has to be a stomp. If not, Garou FRA.

Another victim to Garou's Notable Victories list 🗣️ (Voting Garou because of his Reactive Evolution win condition and BFR if he feels like he can't win)

Oh yeah I forgot about Re Zero abysmal LS :/
For the love of god, can we sort this mess out? We know the higher feats of LS exist, and we are just sitting here with Class 5 or 10, it's been months.

Re:Zero is minimum Class K, we just have to get the calc fix and evaluated.

BTW @Zabazab you probably need to update that calc to include Tanza's house throwing feats, can't really use Garfiel as a standard to scale everybody.

If Garfiel does end up with Class G lifting strength though, would add even more to these guys similar stats.

Back