• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garou faces a shadow

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
Those fools have rejected my gift... They don't what kind of power they're turning their back to... but I sense someone else, with a hunger for power I've never seen before... he might be the one I'm looking for...

In this alternate world, Pre-Awakening Garou emerges aboveground much farther than he did in the original story. Upon coming out, he immediately feels a strange presence looming over him. And in that moment, a shadow appears in front of him, calling out for him.

• Pre-Awakening Garou is used
  • Speed can stay unequalized, Kage adapts to the opponent and from what I see Garou's should surpass the levels Kage adapted to in the past
  • The battle takes place on the outside of the Monsters Association base, which is basically barren land
  • Garou is somewhat around Baseline High 7-A, but this is of little importance anyway, as Kage should be able to adapt to him due to what he has showed.

Bear in mind that this isn't a fight where the outcome is totally decided by physical might and skill, although that's part of it.

Garou: 7 (King, Magmag, FinePoint, Peppersalt43, Vizer04, CheatHydra, Knifeman29)

Kage:

Inconclusive:

E2ki9jGWUAUyre6.jpg:large

XeitGth.jpeg

Last edited:
I am leaning more on Garou. So, Satsui no Hado focusses on killing intent and kage tries to lure you into it. But, garou is like the anti-Kage as he has no killing intent. He is three-fourths into monsterization and has still shown no signs of killing intent. We later find out that he always fights holding back so as to not kill his opponents. Plus, he also has supernatural willpower in order to resist him. I think he shoulkd beat kage on the mental and spiritual plane. Now, for the physical fight:
The difference in Lifting Strength is amazing to the point where Garou can likely crumple Kage like paper.
Somehow, kage has superiro AP but Garou can tank it and evolve past it in mere seconds of the beginning of the fight.
I think Garou has the edge in speed due to his superior agility.
In terms of durability, both of them are kind of the same.
Stamina doesn't matter as Kage is not a complete physical entity.
Plus, Kage also has a glaring weakness. If Garou rejects him completely (which he is very likely to do), then he might completely vanish.
Raging Demon might work or possibly not if you cinsider Gyoro - Gyoro's statement about Garou's soul/ heart being pure.
I see more winning reasons for Garou.

The raging demon focuses on your sins, and Garou has committed plenty of them, so it would work.
However, using it isn't really in-character for Kage, or at least he uses a non-lethal version of it, as he ultimately wants to corrupt the victim.
In speed, Garou's advantage is mobility and agility, not pure stats.

Anyway, your vote's been counted.

He doesn't, or at least tries to get around it with power and his own techniques, but the actual, physical battle, assuming it actually happens (the game doesn't clarify whether or not those are "psychich/spiritual fights) is just a part of the bigger scheme, as the only thing Kage wants is to show the opponent what they would get if they embrace the Satsui no Hado, and also show them their weakness compared to such power.
And to ultimately defeat Kage, you have to overcome his corruption.

What techniques?
Check the related section in his profile. (I've just noticed there isn't a gif for the Ashura Senku, I will add it sooner or later). Also, I'm not arguing they are better than Garou's, just that they are what Kage has at his disposal.

Does he have to make contact?
No, it's more about mind shenanigans, like telepathy and else, everything that's important is better explained in his P&A section, which also features links to direct material.

I mean
The raging demon focuses on your sins, and Garou has committed plenty of them, so it would work.
However, using it isn't really in-character for Kage, or at least he uses a non-lethal version of it, as he ultimately wants to corrupt the victim.
In speed, Garou's advantage is mobility and agility, not pure stats.

Anyway, your vote's been counted.
I already said to take Gyoro - Gyoro's statement with a grain of salt. But the main problem is that kage would get easily rejected by Garou. He would be like: "A ghost like you stronger than a genius like me? You are the mediocre one here!"

The highest calced speed feat I found on the wiki's page was this : M. Bison moves at a speed comparable to that of the Psycho Drive's laser beam: Massively Hypersonic+ (1932321.938 m/s; Mach 5633.591655) {There are some characters faster than this though}
Whereas, Psychorochi's beam speed is mach 7278, Massively Hypersonic+ which was then intercepted easily by Atomic Samurai who is relative to current Garou.
In my opinion, there is already a huge difference. Garou might very well be faster in pure stats.
Plus, there is an astonishing difference in LS. Once Garou catches hold of Kage, he is not getting away.

Plus garou also has other abilities like regeneration and can reflect both energy and physical attacks back at Kage with twice the strength.

Garou isn't connected to AS, at least using our scaling method, and we don't scale the heroes' speed between each other unless we have solid ways to compare them.
See Flashy Flash, he's Relativistic+, and not even Tatsumaki scales to him.

For this reason Garou's speed rating doesn't exceed Kage's, as he's Massively Hypersonic+ comes from an upscaling to This calc, while Kage is much faster than M. Bison.

Still, Kage adapts his strength and speed to the opponent in order to be sure to exceed them and prove them inferior, and the limits of this adaptation are around Akuma's level, so he can surely adapt to Garou's ballpark.

The other arguments are good, though Kage would still try to mess with Garou's mind.
Whether or not he'd fall for them, is the main topic of this thread, reason why your argument is fine.

Garou isn't connected to AS, at least using our scaling method, and we don't scale the heroes' speed between each other unless we have solid ways to compare them.
See Flashy Flash, he's Relativistic+, and not even Tatsumaki scales to him.

For this reason Garou's speed rating doesn't exceed Kage's, as he's Massively Hypersonic+ comes from an upscaling to This calc, while Kage is much faster than M. Bison.

Still, Kage adapts his strength and speed to the opponent in order to be sure to exceed them and prove them inferior, and the limits of this adaptation are around Akuma's level, so he can surely adapt to Garou's ballpark.

The other arguments are good, though Kage would still try to mess with Garou's mind.
Whether or not he'd fall for them, is the main topic of this thread, reason why your argument is fine.
Yeah, but after that Garou had an evolution against Pochi, Orochi, Darkshine, Bomb and finally Bang. That's literally 5 evolution periods he went through. So, yeah, he does scale even if we don't compare him to Atomic Samurai.

Maybe, but Garou also has his own monstrous Reactive Evolution to the point where Darkshine noticed that he was growing stronger and faster each second.

I would also like to point out that Garou has resistance to Telekinetic or mental attacks as he was shown to evolve past Gyor - Gyoro's telekinesis as well as not affected by Do -S's attacks. {She stated in the recent redraw that she tried to mind control him but failed to do so after repeated attempts}

That's not how scaling works, tho, and without reliable ways to compare the two, we don't assume Garou scales to him, and neither does his profile as of now.
Those boosts mean he has become faster, but we don't know how much faster, and for this reason he upscales from his own feat.

Resisting Telekinesis doesn't mean you resist all kinds of mental attacks.
Resisting DO-S mind control is good, tho corruption is a bit different, but as an argument it is still good.

That's not how scaling works, tho, and without reliable ways to compare the two, we don't assume Garou scales to him, and neither does his profile as of now.
Those boosts mean he has become faster, but we don't know how much faster, and for this reason he upscales from his own feat.

Resisting Telekinesis doesn't mean you resist all kinds of mental attacks.
Resisting DO-S mind control is good, tho corruption is a bit different, but as an argument it is still good.
It's still a significant increase tho, to the point where he can consistently keep up with the high tiers of OPM without getting blitzed. I think debating on the speed issue might be irrelevant as garou can increase his sensory powers by using Abandonment. He also has a great stats amp via Awakening Breath. So, it would be safe to assume that he can and possibly surpass Kage in speed without much problem.

Yeah, but Garou's whole ideology revolts against "borrowing" power. So, I don't know how corruption might work. I think it's like a persistent salesman trying to sell his goods but you're also very determined to not buy it.

I agree with that, also because Kage adapts his stats, to his opponent and we don't know if he can increase after that, so it's perfectly possible to surpass him overtime.

Kind of, as Garou still wanted to become a monster to increase his power, it depends on how much will he be tempted to embrace the Satsui no Hado.

Some characters don't always get arguments in their favor.

Also, it's possible some people who might be interested haven't seen this yet.

BTW, why is no one making an argument for Kage?
Sometimes there's simply a clear winner. It would be weird to force people to argue for a side they didn't believe in, you'd end up with some half-hearted high-school debate stuff.

I vote Garou FRA

Maybe message some people from the verse pages or discussion threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back