• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garou CRT

I realized that the P&A for Garou that I wrote a few months back looked bad.
I fixed it.
It's just a couple of quality of life improvements (i.e., removing a lot of blue text). I also added Shockwave Generation for his Half-Monster key, changed Statistics Amplification to Awakened Power, and added Information Analysis alongside his Analytical Prediction.

I fixed it.
It's just a couple of quality of life improvements (i.e., removing a lot of blue text). I also added Shockwave Generation for his Half-Monster key, changed Statistics Amplification to Awakened Power, and added Information Analysis alongside his Analytical Prediction.
Seems good and simple, count me as agreement

Okay, here are my issues.
For starters, I think the name of the breathing technique should be changed to Awakening Breath instead of Abandonment since Bang revealed the name of that technique in a recent chapter.
Regeneration (High-Low; Recovered from his injuries from Tanktop Master in the span of a day, albeit with bandages)
Does this really warrant High-Low regen? I think it should be Mid-Low instead.
Mastered the Whirlwind Iron Cutting Fist after only witnessing the technique once
Garou didn't master the style. He replicated it to some extent, as stated by Murata.
Danmaku (Can launch a string of multiple attacks with one or two swift movements
No. He is just fast. That's not Danmaku.
Resistance to Extreme Heat (Can withstand several of Overgrown Rover's concentrated heat blasts), Telekinesis (Was unaffected by Gyoro-Gyoro's telekinetic anchoring after adapting), and Fire (Endured Orochi's flames which can melt the Monster Association base's interior)
Just say he has resistance to Heat is sufficient. We don't need to mention the resistance to Fire, as it is redundant.

Those are the issues I noticed. There may or may not be more. Let me know if you disagree.

Does this really warrant High-Low regen?
I was referencing the "minor organ damage" and "regenerating some interior damage" (for machines) part, with coughing up blood and this entire thing being indicative of severe internal damage. Although, reducing it to High-Low is fine if this isn't enough for High-Low.
Garou didn't master the style. He replicated it to some extent, as stated by Murata.
I was using "master" in the sense that he could use the technique without any trouble, but that's a fair argument. The definition I used isn't exactly the most common usage of the word, nor is it used that often in manga. I'll just change it to "replicated".
No. He is just fast. That's not Danmaku.
Fair. I'll remove that.
For starters, I think the name of the breathing technique should be changed to Awakening Breath instead of Abandonment since Bang revealed the name of that technique in a recent chapter.
ehhh
the technique has been consistently referred to as "abandonment" in the past, and the wiki tends to stick to the common versions of names

I'm not opposed to the change, but I think we might need more opinions on this one,

I was referencing the "minor organ damage" and "regenerating some interior damage" (for machines) part, with coughing up blood and this entire thing being indicative of severe internal damage.
Actually, I'm pretty sure I have seen characters that have recovered just like Garou after a battle like that, and they didn't get "High-Low'' regen. So my doubt was based on that. Also, Human Garou shouldn't have a higher level regen than MA Arc Puri-Puri-Prisoner imo.
Although, reducing it to High-Low is fine if this isn't enough for High-Low.
I want to reduce it to Mid-Low if my argument is acknowledged. But if the High-Low regen also has various levels, then I guess it is fine.
I was using "master" in the sense that he could use the technique without any trouble, but that's a fair argument. The definition I used isn't exactly the most common usage of the word, nor is it used that often in manga. I'll just change it to "replicated".
Ok. My problem with that was the linked scan you used is the scene where Murata literally stated that Garou didn't master the style. That's the reason why Mouse was able to survive and regenerate. So I felt the need to tell you to adjust it.
Fair. I'll remove that.
Ok. I'm pretty sure you weren't planning to add Danmaku to Genos and Saitama as well since they have techniques such as Machine Gun Blow and Consecutive Normal Punches which work similarly to Garou's barrage of punches. They are just fast.
the technique has been consistently referred to as "abandonment" in the past, and the wiki tends to stick to the common versions of names
There's no reason to keep ''outdated'' information, especially if it is likely that Abandonment and Awakening Breath are two different techniques. We're misleading people if we still use an unconfirmed name instead of an confirmed one.
I'm not opposed to the change, but I think we might need more opinions on this one,
Ok.

I fixed it.
Now that Garou profile is unlocked. Do you mind cleaning up his page? You took the effort to make this thread so I figured I should bump it.

Back