• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gargos vs Onaga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Restricted Onaga vs Gargos.

Speed Equalized.

Both in character.

Takes place in an Ancient Destroyed Monk palace.

Onaga:

Gargos:
7 (DarkDragonMedeus, FanofRPGS, Gargoyle One, Hellbeast1, Laughing Manson, Shrekkid and Meosos)

Inconclusive: 1 (MrKingOfNegativity)

I think Gargos takes this personally. He has more varied hax listed on his profile; including spacial manipulation, BFR, and Reality Warping. Plus he's theoretically a slightly higher tier; at least 7-C vs 7-C. Going with Gargos for those reasons.

Given his higher versatility and range, I'd say Gargos outweigh's Onaga's intelligence and has the advantage here. I give it to Gargos.

I give this to Gargos via hax, the guy has strength to hold his own but with the hax he is more then a match for the Dragon King hell he could just BFR him if he wanted.

1. What's the nature of Gargos's spatial manip?

2. Don't Gargos's reality-warping powers only work in his own dimension? (The battlefield listed in the OP is the destroyed palace from MK)

3. Restricted Onaga scales far above a 16.9 kiloton feat from Restricted Raiden (since he directly no-sold Raiden's lightning like it was nothing and then tanked the guy's suicide attack at point-blank range), so if he is outclassed physically, it probably isn't by much. The feat all of the KI characters scale to is only 10.26 kilotons, even if Gargos is one of the strongest characters in the verse and should definitely be somewhat higher up than that.

4. What's the likelihood of Gargos actually BFRing an opponent while IC?

5. What's Gargos's answer to soul-stealing?

Not saying Onaga has this or anything. Just felt like bringing these points up before I cast my vote.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
1. What's the nature of Gargos's spatial manip?
2. Don't Gargos's reality-warping powers only work in his own dimension? (The battlefield listed in the OP is the destroyed palace from MK)

3. Restricted Onaga scales far above a 16.9 kiloton feat from Restricted Raiden (since he directly no-sold Raiden's lightning like it was nothing and then tanked the guy's suicide attack at point-blank range), so if he is outclassed physically, it probably isn't by much. The feat all of the KI characters scale to is only 10.26 kilotons, even if Gargos is one of the strongest characters in the verse and should definitely be somewhat higher up than that.

4. What's the likelihood of Gargos actually BFRing an opponent while IC?

5. What's Gargos's answer to soul-stealing?

Not saying Onaga has this or anything. Just felt like bringing these points up before I cast my vote.

1. He has the ability to create portals allowing him to punch from massive distances, summon his demon minions and mimic teleportation

2.It seems that way but in Shadow Lords i remember hi being able to warp reality albeit to a lesser extent. Unfortunately that could just be game mechanics so i'd wait for Dynamite's upcoming comic series to answer that though as of now yes its in the Astral Plane

3. not much to touch on fairly good point

4. Well i remember he BFR'd Jago in one of the story missions for Shadow Lords

5.Actually i remember Gargos having his own soul haxx in KI i'll have to get back to you on that though. On the other hand i'd counter that Gargos manipulation might be a problem for Onaga since it's shown to be able to completely control Kan Ra and his Ressurection is better i'd wager.

Solid responses. Appreciate it.

1. I figured that's what that was. It's a strong advantage for sure, but it's not nearly as insurmountable as it initially seems. MK's verse is full of people with abilities that have similar applications to that, especially the whole 'punch from massive distances' and 'mimic teleportation' stuff. That's basically 2/3 of Scorpion's entire shtick right there, and yet Mr. Shirai-Ryu still gets manhandled by MK characters on Restricted Onaga's level. (See: Restricted Shinnok)

2. Fair enough. If he can do it out of his dimension then that's fine, but I'd be hesitant to say he can unless he's explicitly been shown doing so.

3. [skip]

4. I may look for that and try to see the context for myself. Like the reality-warping thing, I'd be careful about giving him a win based on that unless he's straight-up shown doing it IC.

5. I don't know enough about Gargos or Kan Ra to put forth a counterargument for that. But I will say that Onaga is on the level of (and potentially superior to) Shao Kahn in terms of power, so his Soul Manip should likely be on Kahn's level as well.

gargos

onaga has no real defence against his hax, also gargos is town level at a minimum, not due to the portal feats, but it says at least town level, so gargos is stronger

Whether or not Gargos's hax (the ones Onaga can't counter) come into play here depends on whether or not he uses them in normal fights outside his dimension.

And I already explained how Onaga scales beyond a stronger AP feat than the one Gargos does, so that second argument is null.

@Shrekkid

People keep saying 'bump' because it's the only way to keep certain threads active when nobody new is showing up.

Gargos scales past Tusk's No Mercy, which is this powerful. Restricted Onaga scales directly beyond Restricted Raiden's AP, which (thanks to a thunderstorm he created) was calc'd to yield this much power. As far as Onaga goes, he straight-up walked though Restricted Raiden's lightning and then withstood his suicide attack at point-blank range. Raiden put everything he had into that attack and Onaga tanked it without a scratch, so Onaga's physicals >>> Raiden's AP.

Raiden's suicide also completely blew away Shang Tsung and Quan Chi, so the attack was still well within the realm of power that his thunderstorm feat shows.

EDIT: That reminds me. Onaga wasn't just walking through Raiden's lightning; he was also walking through magic blasts from Shang Tsung and Quan Chi. Three Town levelers with 16-17 kiloton power attacking him at once, and he wasn't even fazed.

Okay, I take back the AP and Durability advantage, but I still think Gargos holds the advantage due to his hax and cunning.

I'll stay undecided for right now. My vote's hinging on whether or not an IC Gargos will flat-out BFR Onaga at any point in the fight proper, as well as whether or not the former is capable or reality-warping outside of his own dimension.

Gargos seems overall more impressive, has regen and BFR. I vote Gargos for given reasons.

Perhabs his AP should be edited. There is no real explanation that gives him his Tier.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
I'll stay undecided for right now. My vote's hinging on whether or not an IC Gargos will flat-out BFR Onaga at any point in the fight proper, as well as whether or not the former is capable or reality-warping outside of his own dimension.
His BFR is made trought portals with possibly Universal to an Unknown scale, his portals are capable of bringing beings from the Astral Plane, a Galactic Non-Corporeal place suposedly located in a different universe, he is calced as Km because he was capable of bringing some fighters to different positions in Earth (Like Jago who was teleported from the Himalayas to China) he is capable of opening portals with just a move of his hand, like a flick of the wrist or similars but he suposedly can make it trought toughts alone (But is Unknown if this is a inconsistency or not.)

You should not scale the range from other characters to Onaga his movements are around melee range, Raiden is easily capable of makimg a Town Range Thunderstorm from his ass just for fun but Onaga at best has Universal trought soul manipulation.

EDIT: His Soul hax is Universal but I should check his feats because none can really support It, but If you want to use It as an advantage feel free to do.

I would bump and upgrade the treath later.

If Shrekkid's and Meosos's votes get counted, wouldn't that be 7 votes?

Seems like it. Still, put me down for Inconclusive. I don't really have a vote in favor of either right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back