• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gamera Upgrades

If it was specifically stated that the earthquake had a magnitude of 18 (which is just insane). I am okay with having this feat accepted. As for the buildings not being obliterated and stuff, I guess that would be just shounen logic coming into play (similar to why random Ki blasts in DBZ doesn't just automatically destroy the Earth).

• There is a method that MAPSK did in an earthquake feat that involves seismic moment energy , and I got this value:
  • Seeing that the seismic moment of a Magnitude 2 earthquake nets us a value of 1.233105e+12 joules, a Magnitude 4 earthquake nets us a value of about 1.233105e+15 joules.
  • Apparently, for every 2+ increase in magnitude, we get about a 1000 times increase in energy.
  • If Gamera's earthquake is at Magnitude 18 (holy hell lmao), we get an approximate value of 1.233105e+(12+(3*8)) = 1.233105e36 joules, or about 294,719,168,260,038,240,917,782,026 Tons of TNT. That is Large Planet level.
Welp.

Well has anyone here actually seen Gamera vs. Zigra? Maybe there's a transcript online? There seems to be a lot of uploads of the film but it's, you know, over an hour long.

(also thanks for doing the seismic moment Crazy)

For every 2+ increase/decrease in magnitude, the energy released,would increase/decrease by 1000 times. So if the earthquake was at magnitude 16, the seismic energy released would have to be about 2.95e23 Tons of TNT. Solid Planet level.

As if regular earthquakes weren't terrifying enough.....

What scale we use? 12 RS? Each level of 12RS produce ten times more energy. If it is 10RS each 2 levels produce roughly thousand times more energy.

Well, I guess large planet level was pushing it a bit in regards to Gamera considering it didn't blow up Earth.

The value you listed seems much better, with the Earth still intact and stuff.

You might be referring to the Grimm Dragon destroying the mountaintop calc, which was town level after something like 5 revisions and a confirmation of the Grimm Dragon's actual size in Season 3 Episode 12

I am. But it still used seismic moment energy, did it not? The issue was more to due with the dragon's size, not the method used AFAIK

No, the one I am referring to was a violent fragmentation calculation that was revised five times.

The issue with the MAPSK calc that Crazy posted was that there was not enough evidence that an earthquake of that magnitude occurred

Back