• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Future Warrior 2's Regen

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we're going to ignore the fact that it's explicitly Zamasu's exact Regenerationn in story because it doesn't work that way within gameplay? We like adamantly never do that for any games. Story feats > gameplay mechanics.

Well immortality is the ability to never die, unless you stand outside of the cycle of life and death then that's another thing. But being able to continuously resurrect after death isn't immortality to me. That's get out of jail free card manipulation.

@Ryu

I agree

@Ryu well, if you look at the first comments you'll see both dragon and I disagreeing with the OP.

It wouldn't contradict anything though. For all we know, you atomize Zamasu, he dies and resurrect instead of pulling himself back atom by atom. All we know is that if erased he comes back. Mid-Godly does that, self-resurrection also does that.

The effect is the same at the end, but the process (and thus how it's classified) is different.

@PaChi I wasn't directing my comment to you or Dragon.

Basically in the story Zamasu comes back from his erasure right afterward with his body, as he is immediatly available in conton city as a mentor and refers to the events of the failed zero mortals plan. Also immortality being the source of the skill means he didn't die by definition but regens, or it wouldn't be immortality. And story > game mechanics so yeah pretty self explanitory. I don't see a reason to change anything.

What evidence do we bave that Zamasu is able to resurrect besides gameplay? Because having an unbeatable god unkillable even by Zen'O wouldn't be balanced at all. However, it's canon in the story that Zamasu came back from erasure and had Regenerationn.

I'm saying it's resurrection in gameplay because having your health regen with no limits is unbalanced AF

Who cares about game balance? You can only use it on multi-player matches, not 1v1s.

That's irrelevant to the topic.

No, it's relevant. In the game, it'd be horribly broken and unbalanced if they actually gave the Zamasu Soul true regen he has in the show and in the canon story of the game. It's gameplay mechanics that the Z-Soul does ressurection instead.

In the story, Zamasu regenerates, not ressurects. That's the main point I'm (And a lot of people) are trying to get across.

I already addressed the game mechanics. If you are the only person alive, it doesn't work. Even if you keep getting destroyed to come back, you still lose via multiple knockouts.

Not to sound like a broken record, but not really. I'm not too sure on your stance on this topic, but you've brought up the point that you can be revived an infinite amount of times by a teammate, which is pure gameplay. That doesn't change that in-canon, it's Regenerationn. I brought up balancing because having your health regen no matter how much damage you take would break the balance of the game, which is why it's indefinite resurrections instead of true Regenerationn within the game.

But what's the proof that it's regen instead of resurrection to begin with?

We know that Zamasu came back after being erased. Mid-Godly does that. Good enough self-resurrection also does that.

Immortals do die, all the time. In fact most of the people with immortality listed can be killed in a way or another

Nothing in the Lore ever references resurrection.besides gameplay, there isn't any clues or references to being able to resurrect over Regenerationn. Resurrection in the Lore was ever truly done by the wish dragons or by that witch temporarily. If Zamasu was able to resurrect himself after Zen'Os blast ten why would he need immortality at all?

It can't be resurrection. Zamasu dying would imply he goes to "other world", which the show states doesn't happen if you die twice, or get erased. We're shown Zamasu is immortal via insane regen in both the manga and the anime.

Sorry to butt into an old thread, but do we treat his regen has 1 time use only? Or is that debunked in here somewhere?

Debunked by SSJRyu1 and UMR. The "one time use" thing is false and was based on a game mechanic that is not even true. Even in the game, you come back endlessly and only truly lose if all your allies are KO'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back