• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fungus, their eater and a land shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tllmbrg

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Aight time to cement being the weird low tier monsters guy for DnD

Shrieker:
Camouflage (While not moving they look like regular fungus) - Monster Manual 5e
Possibly adaption due to being immune to Violet Fungus's poison (Monster Manual 3.5e Page 112), I'm inclined to say this due to them always teaming up to get prey/food plus there's no mention of resistance to any other types of poison
Possibly resistance to statues effect inducement and straight up resistance to fear manipulation as shown here (Monster Manual 5e)
I say possibly for statues effect inducement because well they have blind sense so it could be that they just see via other means then sight and hearing, also in theory I suppose they could also have resistance to social influence because they're basically mindless but that would apply to many DnD creatures so eh on adding that

Violet Fungus:
Camouflage (While not moving, same as Shrieker) - Monster Manual 5e
I'm not really sure what causing necrotic damage (Monster Manual 5e) would count as, maybe death manipulation but either way it should be noted
Same resistances as Shriekers - Monster Manual 5e

Hook Horror:
Stealth Mastery (Is skilled in stealth and employs it as a tactic) - Monster Manual II Page 126
Resistance to poison due to being able to eat Violent Fungus with no problem (Dragon Magazine Issue 131 Page 43) and are said to immune to fungus (Dragon Magazine Issue 131 Page 43) so maybe also fungus manipulation resistance
It should be noted on the page that they are smart enough to farm fungus - Dragon Magazine Issue 131 Page 43
They have a weakness to light and are afraid of fire and loud sounds - Monster Manual II Page 127 and Dragon Magazine Issue 131 Page 43

Bulette:
Should have natural weaponry due its bite - Probably all Monster Manuals it ever appeared in

Last edited:
Again, I think that their resistances are a part of them being plants. Still, if you feel you must add it, I guess there's nothing technically wrong with it, just seems a bit silly.

Given that it's called Rotting Touch, I'd call it Biology Manipulation or something similar.

Couple of your links for Hook Horror are broken, but I can confirm those are true.

Bulette revisions are fine.

Again, I think that their resistances are a part of them being plants. Still, if you feel you must add it, I guess there's nothing technically wrong with it, just seems a bit silly.
I mean you can scare other plant monsters so is it really, plus it's notable enough the monster manual mentions so like I think we should note that
Also what about the adoption?
Given that it's called Rotting Touch, I'd call it Biology Manipulation or something similar.
How'd you word it on the page then?
Couple of your links for Hook Horror are broken, but I can confirm those are true.
OOF, replaced the links so maybe it'll work now
Also it should likely also be noted that HH are weak to diseases

So can I start editing what was approved by you?

I'm assuming you misspelled Adaptation- yeah, that's fine.

Biology Manipulation (Its touch causes rapid decay of living tissue)

Aye.

Aight you can close this thread, I've added everything in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back