• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

FTL? Infinite Speed? Her Eyes See Infinity

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
Seems like just SoL or something. I don't think the infinite points thing means much. The arrow she shoots come out like a normal arrow but she can change its trajectory.

It seems like it's just good reaction speed with the ability to change an arrow's trajectory after it's been fired.

Yeah, but upon closer look, it doesn’t seem to refer to her ability, but someone’s else? It mentions a he and not just a she as it seems to change perspective from first person to third person it seems.

I'm assuming it's a mech deal or the person being attacked thought she was a male or the male has the same abilities as this Kanae person.

I'd say Infinite perception speed, maybe a Likely or Possibly if others are unsure, but their attacks being undodgable seems more like Physics Manipulation or Spatial Manipulation. It isn't quite Infinite Range, as thought theirs are infinite points between them and their opponent those infinite points are separating a observably finite distance.

This is infinite perception speed. If the between two points is infinits points literally, and the arrow travels through all of them, then the arrow has to travel through infinite distance, thus infinite speed, meaning the character is able to perceive at infinite speed.

This is Kanae's ability, Minato didn't know it was her so he thought she was a guy.

Also William Tell, William Burrough etc are all just explaining her ability ie William Tell is a guy who put a modern spin on Zeno's paradox and William Burroughs is the guy who made her mecha but couldn't use it, cause of the whole needing to see infinite points.

Kanae was born with that eyesight and thus is the only one who can use Burroughs mecha.

I'd say Infinite Speed is the most likely rating based off all the information above, though I understand their would be some apprehension as it is a very complicated power and Infinite Speed seems to be something some people struggle to understand, so that's why I left the window open for Likely/Possibly.

Well, Infinite points can mean infinite distance, but some might see it as each point being 1/Infinity distance from each other. Which would still be infinite perception that is consistent with seeing everything as 100% frozen. Or it needing to strike the apple in 0 seconds. The Nanosecond statement is the only part that conflicts with an infinite statement since a nanosecond is still greater than 0 unless infinite points refers to infinite distance.

I also heard of a statement of an arrow transcending the perception of Kanae who has Infinite perception. Which kind of likely hammers infinite speed.

Pretty sure the nanosecond statement is more supporting evidence, a nanosecond is pretty much the smallest measurement of time your average person would know, so to be able to percieve something on such a extent that they don't lose track of it even for such a small measurement of time would be like saying to your audience they would never lose sight of it.

I know that the perceiving part is simply perception and it is true perception =/= speed. But the part about the arrow traveling an infinite number of points + transcending the perception of Kanae sounds like it's an Infinite attack speed feat.

I know that the perceiving part is simply perception and it is true perception =/= speed. But the part about the arrow traveling an infinite number of points + transcending the perception of Kanae sounds like it's an Infinite attack speed feat.
That the part that has me confused as if you read all the scans altogether, it doesn’t seem to make sense since it mentions a paradox that turns out to being real or something and also this scan has at the end means “in theory”.

But the arrow isn't moving at an infinite speed so the attack isn't infinite speed. The arrow traverses the "infinite points" between it and the target. The infinite points are like the infinite points between 1 meter and 2 meters which are only technically infinite. For example, the arrow is shot at a target 400 yards away, the arrow technically traveling through the infinite points between 0 and 400 yards to reach its target but the distance or speed it's traveling isn't infinite in reality.

With that being said, it seems just like a really good perception with whatever speed would be given to make it look like everything is frozen.

Where does arrow transcend Kanae's perception come from? It's the opposite, and this isn't theoretical.

On my phone, so will explain as best as I can. Zeno was an ancient philosopher who came up with a paradox based on what I know it had something to do with a turtle. William Tell made a modern example of that paradox, where because infinite points exist between him and the Apple on his sons head, the arrow will never hit the Apple. However this is disproved by objective reality.

Kanae makes that fantasy a reality, there are legit infinite points between her and her target, she can see them.

William Burroughs was tsurugi Smith, he made Kanae mecha. The mecha works off Tells paradox, however in order for that to work, it requires being able to observe the infinite points, your attack, and your target without losing track of them for even a nanosecond, nobody was able to use the mecha, hence it was all theoretical, until Kanae came along because she posses the eyesight to make that fantasy paradox real.

Where does arrow transcend Kanae's perception come from? It's the opposite, and this isn't theoretical.

On my phone, so will explain as best as I can. Zeno was an ancient philosopher who came up with a paradox based on what I know it had something to do with a turtle. William Tell made a modern example of that paradox, where because infinite points exist between him and the Apple on his sons head, the arrow will never hit the Apple. However this is disproved by objective reality.

Kanae makes that fantasy a reality, there are legit infinite points between her and her target, she can see them.

William Burroughs was tsurugi Smith, he made Kanae mecha. The mecha works off Tells paradox, however in order for that to work, it requires being able to observe the infinite points, your attack, and your target without losing track of them for even a nanosecond, nobody was able to use the mecha, hence it was all theoretical, until Kanae came along because she posses the eyesight to make that fantasy paradox real.
So the pilot herself sees the infinite points but the attack she performs doesn't move at infinite speed or anything like that. The "ignore distance and angle" thing is a reference to Kanae's ability to change the arrow's direction to "any" of those infinite points so she can chase an enemy with said arrow no matter how far they went or if they evaded the arrow's initial straight shot. I don't think this would be infinite speed attack but she may have infinite speed perception speed but I would argue the infinite points thing is still a little hyperbolic.

So the pilot herself sees the infinite points but the attack she performs doesn't move at infinite speed or anything like that. The "ignore distance and angle" thing is a reference to Kanae's ability to change the arrow's direction to "any" of those infinite points so she can chase an enemy with said arrow no matter how far they went or if they evaded the arrow's initial straight shot. I don't think this would be infinite speed attack but she may have infinite speed perception speed but I would argue the infinite points thing is still a little hyperbolic.
there are legit infinite points between her and her target
There is an infinite distance to cross so it must move at that speed. It's really not hyperbolic, just an explanation of an ability

There is an infinite distance to cross so it must move at that speed. It's really not hyperbolic, just an explanation of an ability
Infinite points =/= infinite distance. Her ability isn't shooting an arrow that creates an infinite distance between herself and her opponent and traverses it, her ability is seeing the infinite points between her arrow and the target. Like the apple on the head example, there isn't an infinite distance between the arrow and the apple. The apple and arrow are clearly not infinitely away from each other but there are technically infinite points between the arrow and the apple because smaller infinities exist. Think of it like how there are infinite numbers between 1 and 2 meters but 1 and 2 meters are not infinite in the way we would normally think infinite means. Kanae would be able to perceive the infinite points between 1 and 2 meters essentially but the arrow would still only travel 2 meters in reality.

Last edited:
Think of it this way, 1 and 2 only have a difference of 1 between them, which we all agree is not alot. However, how many decimal numbers are their between 1 and 2?

She is able to percieve these innumerable points and how objects travel through them, and through that she is able to manipulate an object's transversal through these points, causing unnatural movement that is almost impossible to predict and dodge.

Yet despite their being an infinite number of points between the distance, thus her having infinite reaction speed to observe and calculate all these points (plus all the mention of stopped time), it does not change that 1cm and 2cm still only has a finite 1cm distance, so her range and attack speed is still finite.

Her crossing that distance is basically on the same level as Diogenes disproving Zeno's stuff by walking away in term of speed feats.

Everything makes sense to me.

So basically infinite reaction speed, like spatial manipulation and homing attack due to her being able to reset her arrows position in space to any of those points?

This was definitely the most complicated ability in verse, with other characters like the main antagonist, it's as simple as kinetic energy, because she is the fastest, speed=power, thus she is the strongest.

Nothing as complicated as The Paradox of Tell and the Apple, although she can do stuff like bfr people to the past, fold space, create black holes with infinite density etc.

Back