• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Frieren fights another mgrp character... what could go wrong.
Both are at 8-A.
Speed is unequalised.
Both have their standard equipment.

This time I've found an opponent that's stronger and faster than mana. And she has a useful ability too.

They both have long-ranged dura-neg attacks, which is interesting, and both can spam their attacks.

I see it written that mages in Frieren have at least "2 layers of magic defense", but what does that mean in practice? MGRP doesn't have that system, so I don't know how that translates. Daisy's beams deconstruct what they touch to the molecular level, and that would apply to anyone in the verse, including those in higher tiers.

They both have long-ranged dura-neg attacks, which is interesting, and both can spam their attacks.

I see it written that mages in Frieren have at least "2 layers of magic defense", but what does that mean in practice? MGRP doesn't have that system, so I don't know how that translates. Daisy's beams deconstruct what they touch to the molecular level, and that would apply to anyone in the verse, including those in higher tiers.
Yeah I agree, plus both of them have similar speed and strength making this matchup close. Though I feel daisy takes this though

Voting Frieren. She has Soul Track which bypasses both physical and magical defense to instantly kill anything and defensive magic that can negate magic including Soul Track, only being damaged by physical force.

Voting Frieren. She has Soul Track which bypasses both physical and magical defense to instantly kill anything and defensive magic that can negate magic including Soul Track, only being damaged by physical force.
Magical daisy still has her deconstruction beam that if hit will deconstruct matter, plus magical daisy is also really skilled for a magical girl so cant she dodge the beam

Magical daisy still has her deconstruction beam that if hit will deconstruct matter, plus magical daisy is also really skilled for a magical girl so cant she dodge the beam
And how is it suppose to get pass her forcefield? Frieren has a more advanced version of Soul Track that also has deconstruction and she can block her own attacks just fine. She also can just use Anti Magic to nullify Daisy's powers or spam homing invisible attacks that can't be perceived by even other experienced mages despite them having ESP to detect any magic. Also, she has 2 layers of resistance to deconstruction without counting her defense magic. Funnily enough, the only way Daisy can win is by closing the distance and smashing through Frieren's defense with brute force which isn't gonna happen.

Last edited:
In one of Daisy's fights, she faces this girl who also has durability negating attacks. That girl was spamming her ranged dura-neg attacks, and Daisy countered them by using her own dura-neg beams on them, effectively cancelling them.
In that sense, both Daisy and Frieren have dura-neg beams and both can handle each other's dura-neg beams. The terms "magic defense" and "layers" are vague by themselves, since there's no way to quantify how many "layers" Daisy's beams equal to.
Regarding the forcefield, what makes you say Daisy can't break through it with physical force? Her body can physically dish out 8-A-level attacks, so why not? I see that this guy was able to break Frieren's barrier, even though his tier is lower than Daisy's, after all. From her nature of a magical girl, her body and senses are manyfold superior to non-magical girls, and can see things happen in slow motion, which I see no reason would exclude Frieren.

Hnow does her defense magic work cuz I'm positive magic in frierem and magic in mgrp are different and should not really be considered that much for this matchup
And how is it suppose to get pass her forcefield? Frieren has a more advanced version of Soul Track that also has deconstruction and she can block her own attacks just fine. She also can just use Anti Magic to nullify Daisy's powers or spam homing invisible attacks that can't be perceived by even other experienced mages despite them having ESP to detect any magic. Also, she has 2 layers of resistance to deconstruction without counting her defense magic. Funnily enough, the only way Daisy can win is by closing the distance and smashing through Frieren's defense with brute force which isn't gonna happen.

Also from the calcs magical daisy scales higher than Frieren

In one of Daisy's fights, she faces this girl who also has durability negating attacks. That girl was spamming her ranged dura-neg attacks, and Daisy countered them by using her own dura-neg beams on them, effectively cancelling them.
In that sense, both Daisy and Frieren have dura-neg beams and both can handle each other's dura-neg beams. The terms "magic defense" and "layers" are vague by themselves, since there's no way to quantify how many "layers" Daisy's beams equal to.
Regarding the forcefield, what makes you say Daisy can't break through it with physical force? Her body can physically dish out 8-A-level attacks, so why not? I see that this guy was able to break Frieren's barrier, even though his tier is lower than Daisy's, after all. From her nature of a magical girl, her body and senses are manyfold superior to non-magical girls, and can see things happen in slow motion, which I see no reason would exclude Frieren.
That's cool and all but Soul Track bypasses and oneshots.
Exactly. Daisy's abilities don't have any layers while Frieren's magic is accepted to have 2 layers (Can cast and defend against Soul Track which is able to bypass equipment with resistance to magic AND normal defense magic on top of it). In case you don't know how layers work, let's say a character has 1 layer of fear resistance. This gives them the ability to resist fear manipulation of up to 1 layer (Or at least as far as they're shown to resist). Another character has 2 layers of fear manipulation. This character will be able to affect the first character with their power despite them being resistant to fear. Now what this means for Frieren is that Soul Track will not only bypass any sort of defense Daisy has but also deconstruct her beams due to having more layers and still being able to hit her.
If you actually took a look at Frieren's profile, you'd realise that Macht's profile is simply outdated and that he should be 8-A instead of High 8-C. Her defense magic is literally listed as 8-A on her profile. How would a High 8-C be able to break it with brute force?
So are you telling me that magical girls have Perception Manipulation or did you forget that their speed is Hypersonic+ compared to a normal human's speed? SBA puts both combatants at their strongest anyway so Frieren is also Hypersonic+, making them comparable in speed.
How does her defense magic work cuz I'm positive magic in frieren and magic in mgrp are different and should not really be considered that much for this matchup
Verse equalization rule.
Also from the calcs magical daisy scales higher than Frieren
Magical daisy is about 382 tons while frieren is around 105 tons.
Magic Enhanced Frieren upscales from her value as she's able to block and deflect attacks without harm from people who can break her magic defense. Also, she can fly so Daisy isn't reaching her because she just has much more control over the battlefield.

Last edited:
I didn't make myself clear maybe. My argument is that, exactly because of verse equalization, in the same way Soul Track can bypass 2 layers of magic defense, Daisy Beam should also bypass X layers of magic defense, because they're both offensive magic. The number is unknown because magic isn't measured in "layers" in MGRP. However, from verse equal, it now would. My point is that there's no definitive way to affirm that Soul Track is superior to Daisy Beam, because we don't know how many layers Daisy Beam would be able to go through.

(Thanks for the clarification about Macht. To be fair, it wouldn't have surprised me for a physical High 8-C to break through an 8-A barrier, if the barrier was specifically designed to counter just magic. I've seen crazier)

That's cool and all but Soul Track bypasses and oneshots.
Exactly. Daisy's abilities don't have any layers while Frieren's magic is accepted to have 2 layers (Can cast and defend against Soul Track which is able to bypass equipment with resistance to magic AND normal defense magic on top of it). In case you don't know how layers work, let's say a character has 1 layer of fear resistance. This gives them the ability to resist fear manipulation of up to 1 layer (Or at least as far as they're shown to resist). Another character has 2 layers of fear manipulation. This character will be able to affect the first character with their power despite them being resistant to fear. Now what this means for Frieren is that Soul Track will not only bypass any sort of defense Daisy has but also deconstruct her beams due to having more layers and still being able to hit her.
If you actually took a look at Frieren's profile, you'd realise that Macht's profile is simply outdated and that he should be 8-A instead of High 8-C. Her defense magic is literally listed as 8-A on her profile. How would a High 8-C be able to break it with brute force?
So are you telling me that magical girls have Perception Manipulation or did you forget that their speed is Hypersonic+ compared to a normal human's speed? SBA puts both combatants at their strongest anyway so Frieren is also Hypersonic+, making them comparable in speed.

Verse equalization rule.

Magic Enhanced Frieren upscales from her value as she's able to block and deflect attacks without harm from people who can break her magic defense. Also, she can fly so Daisy isn't reaching her because she just has much more control over the battlefield.
Well shit. An I had thought magical daisy would make this a fair match. Didn't know anything about frieren having resistance to daisy's main form of attack. Coupled with flight and daisy is definitely having a harder time winning this matchup. But it's actually interesting to hear about this.

FRIERENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back