• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Freezing a mountain

Burning_Full_Fingers

VS Battles
Retired
Is it quantifiable? If so, what value would it potentially yield? I don't know the size, so assume the mountain is average sized.

Technically speaking freezing is the phase transition from a liquid into a solid, meaning that a mountain as a solid object is frozen per default.

I could only speculate that if one says freezing like that it means that either the mountain or the things on the mountain were cooled below 0┬░C (cooling the mountain like the former case wouldn't change much, though).

Average sized mountain is were it gets even more difficult, because there is no agreed lower end height for a mountain (Look at wikipedia and you will see suggestion from 30m over 251 to 300m and 600m) and I also have never seen anyone actually building an average over mountain height.

If anyone wants to try calculating some value out of it, I might be helpful by noting that average ground temperature seems 10┬░C at higher depth (12m).

Back