• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Freddy speed buff

This is an AP feat as well. You might need more than one calc group approval, and that source really needs a summary.

Edit: also, this will be a bit easier if we link Freddy's profile here.

Last edited:
How does a Telekinesis feat scale to his speed?

Also the calc doesn't make sense. The Moon isn't physically moved to the sun for an Eclipse, it just gets to an angle to block the sun from a certain position. Its not moving 90 million miles in that scene.
Yeah, I have to admit I couldn't even find the feat in the four full novel pages. I'm heading to sleep, have a headache that feels ready to drop my brain out of the back of my head, and this blog wants me to read four pages to hear about an eclipse happening.

In Freddy Krueger’s tales of terror Freddy moved the moon and the calc was accepted
I think that blog needs its source shortened, or at least summarized.

Okay, let's just slow down here. The other eclipse scene features the moon turning into a fifty-foot razor. Let's start with, is it actually the size and position of the moon? Unfortunately, Freddy's entire power set basically follows cartoon physics.

I don’t really think there’s a lot of reason to think it’s not. The dreamworld is just a parallel universe and has been stated to be multiple times. The moon not being full doesn’t really mean anything could just be because stuff is covering it and becoming a razor could just be shrinking the mood down which I think is more likely.

I don’t really think there’s a lot of reason to think it’s not. The dreamworld is just a parallel universe and has been stated to be multiple times. The moon not being full doesn’t really mean anything could just be because stuff is covering it and becoming a razor could just be shrinking the mood down which I think is more likely.
That is certainly possible. Freddy can freely manipulate items and even space based on his perceptions after all. The problem is his locations are all recreated and are often shown to be very out of the ordinary, leaving the moon somewhat in doubt as well.

Anyway, what Qawsedf said is true. With an eclipse the moon moves across the sky in front of the sun, not from the sun to the earth. I honestly would treat a telekinesis feat as scaling to the speed of his powers at least, but most important is the power of it. The moon's mass is 7.342×10^22 kg, sometimes written as 7.342E+22 kg. Using a kinetic energy calculator like this you can try out measuring what the power would be, but first we need to actually figure out the velocity.

Last edited:
I’ll do him moving the moon towards earth instead since that’s easier to calc
But if he didn't move it towards the earth it's not going to be accurate. Your calculation blog isn't measuring an eclipse, it's measuring the moon travelling all the way to the sun and colliding with it.

No, I’m not referring to another feat
I'm not sure we're on the same page here. Are you referring to Freddy causing an eclipse, the phenomenon in which the moon, sun and earth are all in a straight line, with either the moon being between the sun and earth or the earth being between the sun and moon? Is that the event that is being measured?

In an eclipse the moon travels around the earth, usually getting between the earth and the sun. The calculation you've done in the blog is not measuring an eclipse.

I’m referring to a feat in Freddys seven sweetest dreams
Is the feat an eclipse? You've called it an eclipse, but your measurement is for the moon flying into the sun. That's not an eclipse. An eclipse is where the moon is in front of the sun.

Edit: I'll take a proper look at the feat in question and if it seems legitimate I'll make my own calculation blog. I'm occupied for the next few hours though.

Last edited:
If accepted, the speed boost would only be supersonic, but the AP would be High 6-A. I did use a very long timeframe though.

Edit: I added a ten minute timeframe due to the novel treating it as a short time.

Last edited:
Okay, my calculation of the eclipse was accepted. Obviously whether the feat itself is legitimate requires some discussion. I can make a list of pros and cons for whether the feat is viable.

Pros:

1. The dream world is referred to as an actual parallel universe, meaning the sun and moon in it should be real and accurate by default.

2. The sky darkens when the eclipse happens, suggesting the sun was the light source rather than just a decoration.

Cons:

1. The dream world is often subject to strange rules that border on subjective reality.

2. Freddy's next highest feat is tier 7, same with the next highest after that.

3. Jason and Ash have fought Freddy.

Notes: Freddy's manipulation of the dream world is already only scaled to his non-physical abilities. Given the strange mechanics of the world and his innate connection to it, the feat might qualify as environmental destruction.

Last edited:
Okay, my calculation of the eclipse was accepted. Obviously whether the feat itself is legitimate requires some discussion. I can make a list of pros and cons for whether the feat is viable.

Pros:

1. The dream world is referred to as an actual parallel universe, meaning the sun and moon in it should be real and accurate by default.

2. The sky darkens when the eclipse happens, suggesting the sun was the light source rather than just a decoration.

Cons:

1. The dream world is often subject to strange rules that border on subjective reality.

2. Freddy's next highest feat is tier 7, same with the next highest after that.

3. Jason and Ash have fought Freddy.

Notes: Freddy's manipulation of the dream world is already only scaled to his non-physical abilities. Given the strange mechanics of the world and his innate connection to it, the feat might qualify as environmental destruction.
I agree that the calc is valid

It might be best to start a new revision thread. Aiming for one of a few outcomes if the feat is treated as real. If legitimate, the feat and calculation basically make for a verse-wide upgrade.

Back