• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Actually I still think Sonic would be fasterm, he did run across the entire cosmic interstate twice in less than a day in base. At least that's what it says on his profile.

actually sonic was downgraded because of the shortcuts but only became slower than Wally BARELY but he has the hax to pretty much put him down (here the thread was made a long time ago so this is a dupe: (link: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/152388)

Actually, it's a matter of who hits who first. I'd say inconclusive, due to the fact that while Flash is faster, by a small yet still not microscopic margin, he still has to touch Sonic to do it, while Sonic I don't think needs to touch you.

Wally is WAYYYYYYYYYY faster than Archie Sonic even in Super Form, actually. Both have outran instantaneous travel, but for Flash it was across the universe. For Sonic it was a few meters.

BruceTheBatman said:
Wally is WAYYYYYYYYYY faster than Archie Sonic even in Super Form, actually. Both have outran instantaneous travel, but for Flash it was across the universe. For Sonic it was a few meters.
no

Sonic did un across the multiverse twice in one day but it had shortcuts but still needed a ton of speed to get through those twice in one day casually. iirc sonic got downgraded but BARELY slower than Wally so Wally can blitz him but barely. Super sonic is just overkill

Sonic is an unknown degree of MTFL+, given that his feat has no given distance. Just a timeframe.

However even if we assume Sonic's multiverse is a decillion (1 with 33 zeroes) lightyears (over 10 sextillion times greater than our observable universe), he would still be over 32 million times slower than Wally. That's if we're assuming him at his amped peak. If not IDK what his exact speed is, but I recall it is still quite massive.

i think Des ever calced that but i forgot the original result before we taken into account he used shortcuts

the first flash and barry require touching to speed steal. Wally can do it Passivly by being near the target. When he stole the KE of every being on earth and stopped the earths rotation by standing at the North pole. Wally can steal speed whenever he chooses without touching so the monet sonic pops in his vicinty hes gonna start to feel slower.

How can we determine who's faster between Flash or Sonic? I know Sonic has running across the multiverse twice in less than a day, but can that be calced to determine the speed? Does Sonic have any running through time feats? In terms of fighting skill, abilities, and stats besides speed, it looks like Sonic has the upper hand with those

Abilities go to Flash (speedforce dump and speed steal is just too OP), and fighting skill definitely goes to Flash. Justice League experience >>> Freedom Fighting experience.

...Guys, this is older and more powerful Sonic, right? Well, his younger and probably weaker self took a blast to the FACE that doesn't kill there opponent, but erases their excistance from space-time, and even though he was knocked out, he STILL EXISTED.

Why is DC obsessed with the number Quintillion? There are so many numbers that are a lot bigger. Also 35 Trillion times SoL is low average in terms of FTL speedsters. Average is the Septillion or Octillion range. That's just my view (I'm obsessed with speed).

I don't know who wins. The Flash is FAR, FAR faster, but Sonic has a far higher Attack Potency and Durability. Multi-Solar System level (Universe level durability) compared to Star level+. It depends on if Sonic can land a good enough hit on the Flash.

ExerciseDancefloors said:
It's safe to assume that he can easily keep up, though.
No it isn't.

Even if we want Sonic to be 1/32 millionth of Flash, we'd need to assume the shortcuts he took throughout his feat span over 10,000,000,000,000,000,000 universes.

That is far too great of an extrapolation, and isn't safe to assume.

Ryukama said:
ExerciseDancefloors said:
It's safe to assume that he can easily keep up, though.
No it isn't.
Even if we want Sonic to be 1/32 millionth of Flash, we'd need to assume the shortcuts he took throughout his feat span over 10,000,000,000,000,000,000 universes.

That is far too great of an extrapolation, and isn't safe to assume.
Sega would state that he's faster, they always do.

Sega has not made such a statement, so that point is completely null. And you can't just base the outcome of a fight or a characters' stats based off an assumption that a company may make a WoG statement. Imagine if we did that in other cases.

"Goku wins because Akira Toriyama would state he's stronger"

"Saitama wins because ONE would state he's Tier 2"

Does base form archie sonic have any limitations to its speed or durability? From the feats I see he is just as fast as he is in his super and hyper forms.

He does and he cannot be as fast as he wants, but he can go quite fast. Just likely not enough to catch up to Flash as we have him set up here.

Am I wrong in disliking some of DC's chracters (Superman, Flash, Batman, etc) compared to the rest of fiction when they give them stupidly high powers and almost limitless in their strengths yet we are all expected to think they will struggle with next month's arc in their comics?

Does flash speed steal work on Archie sonic? If so does it only work on base or for both base, super, and hyper?

AquaWaifu said:
Am I wrong in disliking some of DC's chracters (Superman, Flash, Batman, etc) compared to the rest of fiction when they give them stupidly high powers and almost limitless in their strengths yet we are all expected to think they will struggle with next month's arc in their comics?
Well you're not wrong per se. But we do expect them to struggle as their always is a villian equivalent. Superman? Darkseid. Wally? Black Racer. etc.

Back