• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Flash (CW) Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aceraspire said:
Flash Town level?dafuq
I'm watching Flash tv show to this date and he doesn't seem that strong,in fact his punches are still pretty much above superhuman
The show isn't going to depict him as super strong, at least not as strong as this wiki will stat him, because they don't use the same terms and standards. The Show placed him at Mach 3 to 13 not too long ago, when the Wiki has had him at Mach 200 and beyond based on a feat a fan calculated.

Because there is a disconnect between the feats the show thinks they are showing, and the feats fans think they are viewing, there will always be an odd narrative dissonance.

@Rage

Correction, "there is a disconnect between the feats the show thinks they are showing, and the feats the show shows..."

Feats are feats, and unfortunately sometimes the writer just doesn't intend for a showing to be as powerful as it really as. That is just fiction, and I agree with your other points.

I say feats that fans think they are viewing, because often times, a writer creates a scenario that fits the story, and then some superfluous detail because of either their lack of awareness of lack of skill presents a feat that they did not intend. It the main character is stated to be fighting at Mach 25 versus the Main villain of the Series, yet when they went to grab a hot dog the day before they had a Mach 300 feat calculated by fans, then it would be exceptionally dishonest to place the Villain at Mach 300.

In other words, things have to be looked at in context. Some feats are outliers, or inconsistencies.

Huh I was wrong. It seems that Quicksilver is 7-C for carrying two people at mach 2000. So the same could apply to the Flash here.

RageComment said:
Aceraspire said:
Flash Town level?dafuq
I'm watching Flash tv show to this date and he doesn't seem that strong,in fact his punches are still pretty much above superhuman
The show isn't going to depict him as super strong, at least not as strong as this wiki will stat him, because they don't use the same terms and standards. The Show placed him at Mach 3 to 13 not too long ago, when the Wiki has had him at Mach 200 and beyond based on a feat a fan calculated.
Because there is a disconnect between the feats the show thinks they are showing, and the feats fans think they are viewing, there will always be an odd narrative dissonance.
Even at Mach13 he should be much stronger,but he is just like above human and that's because he doesn't move his arm / fist at mach 2000 or whatever when he's punching someone.

Flash at town level doesn't make sense at all

I am not sure Flash scales Kinetic Energy the same as Quicksilver, since the SpeedForce nullifies a bunch of effects rather than raw speed.

But I really do not know either way.

Well it was accepted under the assumption that physics works as per usual. Does CW Flash have a statement saying that he nullifies normal effects, like KE, via Speed Force?

In regards of the Arrowverse, an opening for a writer showed up due to sexual harassment accuasations. Maybe I should take it and help them get their crap together lol.

Regarding #metoo, I am personally not fond of the notion of accusations without proof leading to massive repercussions for the accused, unless there are several reliable people verifying the same thing, as that seems like lynchmob justice.

But back to the topic of whether or not the speed force nullifies normal kinetic energy issues.

I'm pretty sure Speedforce doesn't nullify kinetic energy, Barry has had to use the kinetic energy of his speed to overpower tornadoes and stuff.

Town level Barry is pretty reasonable when you think about it, given the antagonist of the first episode was said to caused several freak storms with his powers (he was a glass canon, but still), another causing earthquakes and another villain apparently causing citywide shockwaves.

@Darkanine

Okay. That seems reasonable, yes.

Does this mean that the characters Flash carries, also scale to the Town Level, since the Kinetic Energy is not being Nullfied?

No, we cannot scale all supposedly normal human characters to that level. That they are able to survive the friction and acceleration has to be considered as plot-induced stupidity.

Antvasima said:
No, we cannot scale all supposedly normal human characters to that level. That they are able to survive the friction and acceleration has to be considered as plot-induced stupidity.
Simple get out of jail free card: Speedforce.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
@Maverick Did you edit your blog post?
Naw, I didn't edit it. And I can't right now. I'm on a phone, moving that Corn Flakes. Rice Krispies. Hold tight my girl Whitney. (I had too do that lol)

So, has the calculation blog been modified and accepted? If so, you can probably apply the results.

Okay. Then I think that you can update the relevant characters by linking to that calculation. However, it is best that you provide a link to this thread in the edit summaries, as other staff members might mistake your edits for vandalism othervise.

Okay. Tell me here when you are done.

Okay. Thanks. Should we close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back