• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Flash and other DC characters possible dowgrade

Hi, i know a lot are not going to like that idea. I used to believe that Flash was MFTL+, i really did. I got my informations about him from respect threads (not the most trustable source, i agree). Until, i recently started reading flash comics and except for that one time when absorbed the speed of everybody and everything on earth, there is no record of him going FTL.

1-Remember the flash feats in korea that was calculated to be trillons of time FTL? Well it appears that it wasn't the author's intention at all. According to flash he was traveling at a relativistic speed: "As his body sloughs off the screaming aftereffects of near-light travel, eyes of almost infinite mass turn toward the blaze engulfing chogjin" "Near light speed" "Alsmot infinite mass". In physics when you travel at light speed your mass become infinite. Near-infinite= relativistic speed. You may ask "then how come he transported so much people at the same time?" Well, Flash fact: Time stops at the speed of light and slow down at a relativistic speed: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_dilatio Have you watched the cw flash series? They have a similar concept, called "the flash time"

2-Everytime the flash went FTL, it almost killed him or he got himself absorbed by the speedforce and it happens a lot

3-Another important fact, none of the dc characters "except of zoom" can go lightspeed instantely, they need to accelerate first and takes quite a few time, the fastest speed light reacher was Lightray. The first time flash fought zoom and absorbed the speed of other speedsters, it didn't give him a speed boost, no. It just allowed him to go from 0 to lightspeed instantely

I think the flash and the other characters that scales from him should be downgraded to "Light speed, possibly FTL" or the flash should have a "limited time manipulation" in his power list.

What do you think?

Back