• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fixing the Squid Game Profiles (OP may update accordingly)

DarkDragonMedeus

Hard Working Individual
He/Him
VS Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Yes, I am working on collecting feats to verify everything via screenshots or GIFs. But at the moment, with the exception of Jang Deok-Su, most of our profiles of for Squid Game characters are barebones. While not all tiers are too much better, there is definitely a list of missing abilities. Being a knife user, social influencer, or a marksman are. But the problem is that some of them really should have most if not all of the above as well as a few other abilities such as stealth mastery and martial arts. And there should be at the very least references to which episode they demonstrate certain feats and abilities. But even better if screenshots or GIFs were uploaded via Imgur Album. And some characters such as the Guards and especially The Front Man are clearly downplayed.

This is a good starters feat for Seong Gi-Hun having martial arts as well as being a skilled knife user. Which should also scale to Cho Sang-Woo given they were fighting throughout the game. Quite a few stealth mastery feats here as well as some peak human feats. And Seong Gi-Huns group surprisingly held there own against Jang Deok-Su and his band of Mobsters. Even tanking some steel bar strikes that otherwise one-shotted various players and crushed their skulls.

There is more to collect and some likely GIFs to be made. But definitely several abilities to add and possibly some tier upgrades. The Front Man's upgrades will be based mostly on Jun-Ho's statements. But I will be working on Jun-Ho's profile later today as a reference point. But all is welcome to help out to get through with them faster.

Last edited:
Agreed these profiles are pretty bad and yeah since they did fight each other and have contended I think the scaling is fine.

I'm pretty sure someone calc'd Jang Deok-Su's fall and it yielded wall level

Most of these characters has knives, 9-C should be listed next to them

Well, the problem is that Jang Deok-Su is easily the strongest Squid Game player and arguably the strongest known character in the Squid Game universe thus far. He definitely should scale from his own feat, and downscaling various characters to Street level is fine, but I think he's the only one who deserves the full "+" sign.

Also, knives aren't objectively 9-C and it's more so just penetration rather than AP since melee weapons are wielder dependent, but they should be 9-C for other aforementioned reasons.

I'm aware we have pages of those, but even so. The staff have uniformingly agreed all melee weapons shouldn't really be tiered and should be listed as varies depending on the wielder. Street level durability for those weapons is fine, but my points about how they should be rated in terms of AP still stands.

Last edited:
Alr so I was watching squid game and writing down feats a bit after I made that Deok-Su falling calc but I noted feats mainly for Gi-Hun and Sae-Byeok the other characters didn't get much to do physically

Gi-Hun

Out-runs three lenders before being eventually cornered (S1 Ep1)

Tanks a beating from these three lenders and is able to continue his day (S1 Ep1)

Was able to push Deok-Su off of Sae-Byeok (S1 Ep1)

Knocked Ga-Yeong’s stepdad to the floor with a single punch (S1 Ep2)

Tanks a fall off of the bed stacks (S1 Ep4)

Kicked off a Man that was trying to kill him (S1 Ep4)

Sae Byeok

Able to dodge punches from Deok-Su (S1 Ep1)

Able to tank punches from Deok-Su (S1 Ep1)

Threw Deok-Su behind her by grabbing him by the back of his hair (S1 Ep1)

Was able to kick back two of Deok-Su's male group members before grappling with Deok-Su himself (S1 Ep4)

Was able to tank a glass bottle shattering against her head (S1 Ep4)

Oh yeah something to mention is the Knives GI-hun and Sang-Woo use are specifically steak knives which are a lot weaker than the average knife in regards to stabbing things

Well, the types of knives wouldn't matter too much given the nature of melee weapons, but I suppose it's not harmful to mention.

Also, those are a good list of notable feats.

Well, the types of knives wouldn't matter too much given the nature of melee weapons, but I suppose it's not harmful to mention.

Also, those are a good list of notable feats.
Thanks! also it seems we can scale the squid game characters directly to Deok-Su's durability with sae being able to kick him back as well as Gi-hun tackling him and then throwing him back

also to note the knives should probably go into optional equipment given they only use it for eating steak and then the squid games itself

Yeah, they should be optional equipment. Also, stabbing someone with a sharp object normally isn't enough to fully scale durability given we don't grant characters Wall level ratings for stabbing large animals. And Tackling him and throwing him off guard is a pretty solid strength feat in its own right, but lauching someone isn't really evidence of doing significant damage to someone. Plus, Deok-Su is still the strongest contestant in the series like by far according to what Gi-Hun said. And also, the only real reason he was able to launch him had to do with him knocking him off guard. So, I'm still uneasy about giving anyone other than Deok-Su the "+" ratings.

Back