• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fixing Lee Soo-Jin speed tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
but actual speed does matter in this situation. Take GoH 132 at an example: At the end of the chapter, the staff rise from the ground, through the building and end up piercing the lightning machine. At FTL speed , physically the building should be obliterate already. But it don't, meaning this thing didn't have just 1 state of speed all the time, and could adjust it speed to the situation.

First, physics break down at the speed of light (as you said).

Second, do you really think authors pay attention to physics for situations like these?

Third, by that logic Frieza is only City Block level, since Trunks blocked his attack with one hand with the only reminder being the crater on the floor.

Blahblah9755 said:
@RegisNex1232
According to OBD 100 microseconds is the minimum perception speed of an MHS character, so maybe that would be better to use since I don't think it's considered calc stacking if you use the minimum value for a tier as opposed to a calced value (that's what was done for Undertale KE and Magical Girl of the End speed)

Ok with that, I get 384,400,000 m/ 1*10^-4 = 3.844*10^12 m/s = 1.3*10^5 times the SOL (MFTL+)

Well, either way, this is just a rough calc. I'll make an official one later.

@Reppuza : Who know? The point is that this staff have variable speed (you could tried to calculate the speed based on that example i showed you to prove my point). Which mean now you have actual expansion rate speed of the staff as a variable, that you could calculate if it wasn't for the assumption that this thing only have 1 level of speed.

Hmm... feel like i (and thus, this variable) could be ignored somehow. What do you need for me to prove my point above.

There's nothing that shows that it can change its speed, so saying that this staff is variable without proof is completely ignoring the whole webtoon. Prove that it can change its speed first before saying that it is variable.

There's many though, I already said one of them is in Goh 132, where the staff managed to go through the buliding without completely obliterate it. I will find more, of course.

@Andykhang

Again, by that logic Frieza is Hypersonic and City Block level.

Just because the amount of destruction is inconsistent with its speed doesn't mean that it isn't any less valid.

Stop bringing up physics when things are hitting the FTL range.

Out of topic a little bit, but isn't Frieza only managed to destroy a planet only by an energy ball? Also, he's kinda a cyborg when he met Trunks, so it's not his full strength either.

Anyway, in GoH 154, at the end, when he challenged the prince to a duel, he put his staff deep into the ground before expand it and raised it slowly from the ground, in clear sequence (people still have time to look at it when it only begin to raise itself up after all, and tthey didn't being ejected into space by too sudden (for them) acceleration.)

Look, you cannot use physics when something reaches lightspeed. Many series have characters go lightspeed and cause no damage or move FTL, both of which should be impossible, according to modern physics. But most writers don't give two f**ks about science, and just ignore it for the sake of entertainment. Again, take TTGL, we see the Anti-Spiral make his arm approach Earth, but it isn't vaporized, nor are the various galaxies Granzeboma tosses.

You have been ignoring every argument we've given simply because of logic you have that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I am seriously contemplating closing this thread siply due to your own ignorance of people trying to give you an answer.

Okay, so because this thing have a moment it ignore physics, you decide to completely ignored the any other time it does? That's why i find it so hard trying to prove the variation in speed of the staff, seeing that you could just use that excuse every single time. (still trying to prove it though, since that logic of your is so hard to find the false in it.)

You have proven to be biased and irrational to the point where I find it difficult to take your arguments seriously. @RegisNex please post the calc on a blog post so that we can link to it when you get the time. I'm closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back