• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JustSomeWeirdo

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
I'd like to start my Fire Emblem revisions small after realizing some of the headaches that are to come, magic is simple....right?

Should be fine since I'm only going to talk about the GBA games today, that's only 3 of the games and they all have the same times and staves (give or take)

Anima Magic:

1. Damage Boost for Aircalibur, it's effective against Fliers

Light:

1. "Hundreds of meters" range via Purge

Dark:

1. Partial Intangibility via Flux? Given it sinks into the ground to attack the enemy from below

2. "Hundreds of meters" range via Eclipse

3. Weather Manipulation via Gespenst? Not exactly a real storm or anything but the animation for Gespenst shows a dark cloud and dark lightning striking the enemy 1:36

Staves (these are all simple enough):

1. Madness Manipulation via Berserk

2. Sleep Manipulation via Sleep

3. "Able to unlock doors" via Unlock

4. "Able to restore items to mint condition" via Hammerne

5. Fire Manipulation via Torch (staff) 0:13

6. "Hundreds of meters" in range via Warp, Rescue, Torch, Fortify, Physic, Berserk, Sleep, and Silence

7. Statistics Amplification via Barrier Staff

8. Probably would just go under Healing, but we should note the Restore Staff is capable of removing status effects on the target

Druids:

Yeah they should just get Telekinesis given how they use staves. Should also upscale to Athos and Nergal given they've mastered all forms of magic (especially Nergal in particular since he's a Dark Druid, which should be better than your average Druid by default)

My bad, every spell animation in the GBA games for anything animation related

A demonstration of the Berserk Staff at 0:30

I think limited spatial manipulation might be a better way to described "Intangible attacks" or otherwise. But the rest of these look fine.

What DDM accepted is probably fine to apply.

Back