• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Finally making THAT Finn Bálor revision thread

Pikaman

He/Him
Ok ok ok where to start with this page lmao

Not by any means bad, but could do with some work

Fundamental Issues: The Keys are in no way represented in 99% of the page, this needs to be fixed.

AP: Just to clarify, while I understand there are scaling and AP revisions ongoing, in terms of scaling I just want to clarify we have Bálor at Top Tier (has defeated the likes of Roman Reigns, can hold his own against the best of the best, but very rarely comes out triumphant) and The Demon as Supernatural Tier (far superior to Bálor, 100% record on main roster sans a freak accident affecting the results of his match with Reigns)

P&A: Teleportation (1:39) and Immortality (Type 4) (17:24)

Bloodlust (Has resorted to brutal and backhanded tactics that are far from typical for Bálor, such as attempting to gouge out the eyes of Roman Reigns) (1:48)

LS: The Demon should scale to Bray Wyatt, updating him to Class 5 to Class 25. Bálor himself has also had multiple feuds with Wyatt, and should also have his rating changed to “At least Peak Human, likely Class 5 to 25”

Stamina: The Demon’s stamina would be At least Peak Human, possibly Superhuman, as it should be far superior to Bálor’s, and The Demon was able to continue fighting and win against Seth Rollins after being heavily injured.

Equipment: Remove the chainsaw from The Demon’s standard equipment please, he held a chainsaw once in an entrance, and has never used it in the ring. It is in no way standard equipment, and it’s probably not even enough to justify optional equipment.

Intelligence: The Demon should not share Bálor’s intelligence, the two are roughly equal in skill, but the Demon clearly works on much more primal instincts, I propose a “Above average fighting skill, animalistic otherwise” rating for the Demon.

Weaknesses: Remove the weakness regarding stamina, I don’t really get the point of it, it implies Bálor has a severe weakness to those with higher stamina than him when the reality is the justification for this weakness is just him losing a kinda long match against Gargano. Not grounds for a listed weakness.

Here’s a sandbox showing what Bálor’s profile would look like with all these changes made. I have additional arguments for a few of the more... controversial additions in this CRT, but to avoid making a CRT that’s too long a read I will leave those for later if people have issues with these.

Last edited:
Following.
Thanks, I’ve contacted the other Pro Wrestling Supporters

This is totally not a discreet way of bumping after just under an hour because other stuff in the verse has now been dealt with and we can at least for now turn our full focus towards these revisions and collect input.

In the meantime, I think The Fiend should also have bloodlust for the same reason as Bálor, since The Fiend seems to also resort to more aggressive tactics in his matches than base form Bray. That neck snap he gave to Bálor was ruthless.

Just to clarify, while I understand there are scaling and AP revisions ongoing, in terms of scaling I just want to clarify we have Bálor at Top Tier (has defeated the likes of Roman Reigns, can hold his own against the best of the best, but very rarely comes out triumphant)
Very minor, but yeah. I agree we should have base Balor at Top Tier. We originally had him at High Tier, but looking at it now, he definitely is Top Tier. We also have Austin Theory at Top Tier, so it wouldn't make sense to have Balor a tier below Theory, as the two had many back-and-forth bouts in the past few months.

Very minor, but yeah. I agree we should have base Balor at Top Tier. We originally had him at High Tier, but looking at it now, he definitely is Top Tier. We also have Austin Theory at Top Tier, so it wouldn't make sense to have Balor a tier below Theory, as the two had many back-and-forth bouts in the past few months.
We had Bálor at high tier? pfffffffft

Actually, remember when we rejected resurrection?

Well, I think it should be added.

"The Demon" is obviously something Balor taps into, and when Roman speared him through the barricade, The Demon died, and I'm assuming Balor reverted back to his base.

However, The Demon resurrected and continued to fight on, so I think resurrection is something The Demon should have.

Actually, remember when we rejected resurrection?

Well, I think it should be added.

"The Demon" is obviously something Balor taps into, and when Roman speared him through the barricade, The Demon died, and I'm assuming Balor reverted back to his base.

However, The Demon resurrected and continued to fight on, so I think resurrection is something The Demon should have.
Resurrection is just what the Type 4 Immortality is

Well going over everything
P&A: Teleportation (1:39)
Looks a bit weird but I understand the intention here.
Immortality (Type 4) (17:24)
The video can't be seen in the US. So for now I can't confirm its usability
Bloodlust (Has resorted to brutal and backhanded tactics that are far from typical for Bálor, such as attempting to gouge out the eyes of Roman Reigns) (1:48)
That isn't really evidence for bloodlust imo. Guts for example, a particularly brutal fighter that doesn't mind using kids or innocents are targets, doesn't get bloodlust as a ability until he becomes a mindless Berserker monster.
LS: The Demon should scale to Bray Wyatt, updating him to Class 5 to Class 25. Bálor himself has also had multiple feuds with Wyatt, and should also have his rating changed to “At least Peak Human, likely Class 5 to 25”
The scaling would need to have a justification to scale. Just feuding with someone wouldn't be a reason (I think), you just need to provide examples of him breaking a hold or something. Considering its WWE it shouldn't be wildly difficult.
Stamina: The Demon’s stamina would be At least Peak Human, possibly Superhuman, as it should be far superior to Bálor’s, and The Demon was able to continue fighting and win against Seth Rollins after being heavily injured.
I get at least peak human, but superhuman based on that seems iffy.
Intelligence: The Demon should not share Bálor’s intelligence, the two are roughly equal in skill, but the Demon clearly works on much more primal instincts, I propose a “Above average fighting skill, animalistic otherwise” rating for the Demon.
Looks fine

I’m going to sleep so I can’t gather scans and whatnot for now but to give some brief points

The video can't be seen in the US. So for now I can confirm its usability
Basically The Demon takes a really nasty attack (a spear through the barricade) from Reigns and after some freaky stuff the Demon gets up like the hit is nothing when previously he was on the ground unresponsive, with the commentators (basically this verse’s exposition characters) saying the Demon has resurrected.

That isn't really evidence for bloodlust. Guts for example, a particularly brutal fighter that doesn't mind using kids or innocents are targets, doesn't get bloodlust as a ability until he becomes a mindless Berserker monster.
Hmmm ok fair enough

The scaling would need to have a justification to scale. Just feuding with someone wouldn't be a reason, you just need to provide examples of him breaking a hold or something.
I’m sure there are plenty of examples of Bálor breaking holds with Wyatt, will find them sometime tomorrow

I get at least peak human, but superhuman based on that seems iffy.
The stamina page says Superhuman can be given for fighting on with a grievous injury, and Bálor was out for 8 months afterwards recovering and iirc needed surgery, so I think a possibly is fair

The scaling would need to have a justification to scale. Just feuding with someone wouldn't be a reason (I think), you just need to provide examples of him breaking a hold or something. Considering its WWE it shouldn't be wildly difficult.
Here’s the Demon at 5:10 and 7:10 (same vid) breaking out of Bray Wyatt’s pre-curser hold to Sister Abigail, I’ll work on finding a case for Bálor in his base but honestly considering he’s one of the top superstars in WWE on his day and how long his career has been scaling with a “likely” should be ok? If it’s not I can obviously still go to the trouble of finding scans/examples

So assuming the LS upgrades go through I just need to remove bloodlust for the sandbox, replace Bálor’s page with that and then the upgrades will have been made 😁

Back