• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fights with hax.

Peppypony

She/Her
Oooookay. So a few characters of mine (Whether it's from Faintree or now I ain't gonna confirm. ;)) have alotta hax powers let's say. I'm planning a fight between two of those characters. However, I don't want the characters to hold back too much since it's a serious fight and they're both pretty desperate to take each other down so anyone holding back sounds a little dumb to me then.

But one problem I have with the characters using hax in fights is that the fights will end up being really short and I don't want that because I feel like it wouldn't make the fights too fun to watch. I've been trying to see how other fictional medias handle it maybe, but judging from the verses I'm familiar with. Still nothing. :/

Sooo does anyone else have any advice on how to handle this and maybe give me examples of fight scenes with decent amounts of hax while also being long (As in not lasting for a few seconds) at the same time. I did actually find one from an anime I can't remember the name of. But I felt like the fight had too much dialogue going on and most of it was them talking about how their powers work. Although I would also like there to be a bit of dialouge during the fights in order to understand on how the characters feel. But I don't want too much.

How do/would you guys handle this? Giving me an example of a fight scene like a TV show or a movie or something would be good too. :)

Here are the common ways to mitigate hax:

Have your main characters just dodge the haxbeams like a champ and go into a CQC madlad mode to keep the fight hardcore and still interesting, because it can end in any second, rather then despite it ending at any second. Variations of this include your guy having haxbeams themselves so they have to keep evading and thinking ahead of the opponent.

Have your main character get a maguffin or amp that allows them to flip off the hax and fight a normal battle. You can also just make them born resistant to hax if they're the chosen one or something.

Regenerationn abuse. Just because they can cut spacetime to ribbons doesn't mean the ribbons you're cut into won't come back together.

I myself use the latter 2... kinda. I mean, they resist hax, but they also regenerate a lot of the damage it does manage.

I have a system in place where most characters (Almost all characters in all of my non FCOC wiki exclusive verses/ my composite writer verse) just have limited resistance to most hax.

It's at least that way with DHS and Ashton, even though right now none of the characters really have done anything that could be considered "hax"...except for uber god tier characters like Lilith Arlay.

Back