• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fighting Game Characters and “Status Effect Inducement”

There’s been something that’s been bothering me. Characters from the Street Fighter series (such as Ryu) have Status Effect Inducement because of “hitting the opponent repeatedly, without them being able to recover, they can cause them to enter the "Stun" status, which leaves them unable to react.”

Now, my issue lies in other verses such as Fatal Fury having something very identical to Street Fighter (see here), yet the Fatal Fury cast doesn’t get Status Effect Inducement.

Now my question is, why is that exactly? If it’s because “game mechanics”, then I don’t know why Street Fighter should be the exception, but maybe there is something I’m missing, which is why I’m asking this.

The old thing lied in SF having some moves that are specifically meant to induce the status, such as Alex's Machine Gun Headbutt and Poison's Kiss, which gave the thing some more credit. This did not include moves which dealt little damage but increased the stun meter, such as Balrog's ultra combo headbutt.

In the old overhaul it was agreed to not limit the thing to just characters having specific stun-inducing moves, but instead encompass all characters.

Other fighting games have little backing up regarding the stun, which just happens in a more straightforward way and to my knowledge (which may be incomplete) don't have specific moves to induce the status.

I had changed my mind some time ago and forwarded a CRT to revise it, but people preffered to keep it as it is.

Back