• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fictional Chars awaken a Stand!

@GreatestSin is it alright if we make game character stands as long as the character has a pretty clearly defined personality?

It seems like Andy and Azzy have both said screw it to the no game character rule anyway…

Also it's really only game protagonists that lack personality most of the time, not game characters in general.

Andykhang said:
^Touhou have an offical manga about it, so it's not like I break the rule.
Touhou is still a game first and foremost, though. A character who originates and primarily features in a game is defined as a game character.

Name: Misogi Kumagawa

Stand: noitcif lla

Stand look: Silhouette of kumagawa with screws on its hands, back, shoulders and legs and always has a creepy frown

Stand ability: It is basically the opposite of kumagawa and instead of bringing the enemy to his level like kumagawa does, he brings kumagawa above his enemy's level by shoving screws through his body. If kumagawa is in any extreme danger it can undo something that does now exist in order to help him win. Example: He makes the fact that kumagawa is not tier 0 thus making him tier 0

Connection: He is basically a physical manifestation of kumagawas extreme wanting to win.

Sorry if this is not that good I'm not that creative.

Name: Tai Kamiya

Stand: Brave Heart (Music Reference)

Stand Looks: A tall humanoid dragon with orange scales that wears large amounts of yellow and red chrome digizoid armor around its head, hands and legs. It wields an impressively large shield on its back.

Stand Ability: The presence of this mighty stand inspires others around it, causing them to fight at 110%! Their fighting prowess is also greatly increased, being able to move at double as fast and have them hit twice as hard.

Stand Ratings:

• Destructive Power: A
  • Speed: B
  • Durability: C
  • Precision: C
  • Potential: A

Character: Yuuji Kazami from Grisaia no Kajitsu

Stand name: Sour Apple

Stand look: it has the appearance of a young girl in a bloody wedding dress with dark sunken eyes holding an apple, like a bride might hold a bouquet of flowers.

Stand ability: Sour Apple is able to predict an opponent's movements, and later it gains the ability to transfer those it touches with its apple to a parallel universe in which their greatest wish will be granted, but they will be completely unable to enjoy it in any way. The parallel universe will not be effected by the causality of another universe, meaning causes such as "a portal was created in our universe" will not have the effect of "a portal opened in the other universe".

Stand connection: The Grisaia series (at least the anime) often uses the symbolism of a rotten apple, likely in reference to the tail of Adam and Eve, since Grisaia likely refers to the French word for intoxicate or monochrome. It's meant to be something that has a nice outward appearance, but a darker/bleak internal appearance. For this reason it possesses a wedding dress doused in blood, and an apple that appears sweet on the surface, but is truly a deadly trap. Similarly in Yuuji's past he would use his innocent girlish appearance to draw people in, only to later assassinate them, and this is why the stand takes the appearance of a young girl. The stand's first ability is representative of the fact that Yuuji would rather plan ahead and calculate his opponent's moves then rush in, and the second ability is representative of how he doesn't like direct confrontation and prefers to take our opponents in a non-lethal way. Lastly the way the stand eliminates opponents by granting their greatest wish and not letting them enjoy it is similar to how Yuuji met a friend while training to be an assassin, but she soon died, and how he was allowed to go to school but struggled to enjoy it due to his semi-apathetic nature that stemmed from his childhood trauma. The stand's first ability being incredibly simple, and the second one being much more complex is also symbolic of how the Grisaia series seems simple on the surface, but is quite deep and complex as it progresses.

Also I just ate an apple that was really sour.

Name: Kasen Ibaraki

Stand: HIdden Rose

Stand Look: A disfigure black rose placed where her missing arm used to be.

Stand Ability: Literally shrouded in mystery, the rose of undetermined shape could become many thing. It's said that it's true form will be revealed when she get her arm back. For now, it could grow vine to feel thing, crush the opponent, and could transfer the energy from one side to another.

Connection: Basically just pointed out that she got thing to hide and facade to held. The rose because of her name.

Blahblah9755 said:
@GreatestSin is it alright if we make game character stands as long as the character has a pretty clearly defined personality?
i guess this will work, im not that knowledgable about games, my experience only goes until this Sim-char-games and strategy ones, but if there are than dont hold back ^_^

PS: sorry for answering so late, something is not ok with my account, i dont get any notification if someone wrties something in one of the threads i follow :(

Name: Sans

Stand: True Hell

stand look:[this]

Stand Ability: Sans can manipulate the difficulty of any task/action making the most difficult task easy and easiest task hard. With this ability sans can make it impossible for you to walk.

Connection: The reason I chose this ability is because in the genocide route the player can kill nearly every monster effortlessly in one hit, but this is completely averted in the sans boss battle. Sans is able to dodge nearly every attack, creating a difficulty spike the likes of which I've never seen before. This fight is a battle of endurance ....This fight is true hell

The stand can also make things easier which is quite fitting with sans's lazy personality

Back