• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fate Luck but not Trash

PsychoWarper

Bronze Supporter
Luck is a rather odd Parameter within Fate, most of the time its rather... unhelpful in most situations but there is a special group who possess EX rank Luck. We have a direct quote from Dengeki Hime in 02/2006 for the "Type-Moon Double Maniax - [Fate] Dream Battle - Taiga vs Kuzuki" about EX Luck in which he stated "She (Taiga) has the equivalent of EX rank luck. Through sheer coincidence, she caused a butterfly effect during the Fourth Holy Grail War that saved mankind three times over in the course of a night. Her actions stopped a mastermind causing chaos at the bottom of the sea near Fuyuki, caused an unprecedented giant earthquake that was about to happen under Fuyuki City to be avoided, and caused a giant asteroid heading for Fuyuki City to change its course."

If that is what being comparable to EX rank Luck entails then I think we should change the profiles of characters with EX Luck to make mention of such, something like "Minor Fate Manipulation and Supernatural Luck (Servants with B-rank Luck or higher can change their own fates to evade inevitable outcomes such as having their hearts destroyed by Gáe Bolg. Insert character name possesses EX rank luck, Taiga Fujimura who is said to have the equivalent of EX Luck was able to cause a butterfly effect during the Fourth Grail War which saved the World 3 times including causing a massive Asteroid to Change its course)" could work better.

Characters currently with profiles that have EX Luck:
-Hideyoshi
-Euryale
-Columbus
-Drake
-Medb
-Xuanzang
-Scheherazade
-Stheno
-Santa Quetz
-BB
-Tiamat

Agree: 12 (John, Overlord, Yuri, SOUL, potato, UNSHAKEABLE, Regi, Matt, Paul, Infinite, Elizhaa, Zen)

Disagree:

Neutral: 1 (Ion)

Last edited:
Taiga is more often a joke in general. Although iirc the CD drama with her and Iskandar/Waver makes an actual mention of the meteor stuff.

While it is true shes often used more as a gag/joke character she is canon and those are quotes that directly compare her luck to that of EX Rank luck.

Taiga is more often a joke in general. Although iirc the CD drama with her and Iskandar/Waver makes an actual mention of the meteor stuff.
Jokes are the only cannon in Nasuverse
Still waiting on Marie Antoniette ''I don't get fat, but my boobs get bigger''

On topic - Don't they alreaady have it in their profiles? Or in the Servant Physiology page? I remember seeing Fate/Luck Manip in Nasuverse profiles more than once

i agree with the revision

In fact, we also have another exemple for this, Assassin EMIYA with the Affection of the grail has EX Luck, which allows him to escape impossible situations

On topic - Don't they alreaady have it in their profiles? Or in the Servant Physiology page? I remember seeing Fate/Luck Manip in Nasuverse profiles more than once
Yeah its mostly in the profiles, but not on the physiology page. I think this would be good to add there, mostly for B luck and up.

Yeah I agree with the revision.

Gags aren’t necessarily non-canon.
I don’t see why we wouldn’t use it then.
Meant it in the way that Nasu also say stuff like "Taiga is the strongest character with the Neco-arc". I don't disagree with the addition tho.

Eh, put me on Neutral. It's hard to tell when statements about Taiga are serious. Also, we need some staff input.

iikFKOQ.png

GnWbbHV.png

I don't think having such high luck that you can affect events and change the outcome of history is Probability Manipulation or Fate Hax... It's just Luck. Extraordinarily High luck but you're not actively manipulating probably or willing events into taking place.

Well Fate Luck already has Fate Hax as part of it due to its interactions with certain other abilities.

yeah i don't see how that's Manipulating Probability
but like pshychowarper said the fate manip is fine because of how it interacts with other abilities

I don't think having such high luck that you can affect events and change the outcome of history is Probability Manipulation or Fate Hax... It's just Luck. Extraordinarily High luck but you're not actively manipulating probably or willing events into taking place.
I still stand by this.

Back