• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fat Tony vs Daisaku Kuze - Fury of the Underworld 1-5-0

Idk if this was done before or not but hey ho let's go

Speed is equalised. Tony is 8-C, fight takes place in a parking lot rooftop at night. (Of course Oath of Enma is the fight theme) SBA otherwise

The Springfield Don: 1

Kenno Clan Patriarch: 5

Incon: 0

Last edited:
Fat tony should take this he has a couple of physical advantages such as 1.73 times ap advantage and a 2.1 times ls advantage but also with that I'd argue tony is more skilled it appears fat tony has intimidated characters such as skinner an ex green beret who still has a lot of his previous skill, Marge who was able to fight a professional mma fighter after receiving professional training from pro boxers and jiu-jitsu masters and she was able to easily beat up 5 navy soldiers that should be above Kuze's skill

I don't think Tony is more skilled, or even nearly as skilled. Kuze can fight evenly (although he does lose) with Yakuza 0 Kazuma Kiryu, this is a bit of a summary of what that means if you're not familiar:
  • Just in Yakuza 0 Kiryu can take on several people at once (often armed, even with guns) and he literally comes up with fighting styles on the fly just by watching people with a similar fighting style for a few seconds, I repeat, he busts out a fully functioning albeit primitive fighting style by watching someone for a few seconds, and then he rapidly improves that fighting style along three other comparable ones, all of this in the span of a few weeks if that, not 100% how long Yakuza 0's story is but it ain't too long.
  • He can compete in the Bed of Styx, which is an underground arena where dangerous criminals are forced to fight in gladiator combat for over a year, and when I say "dangerous criminal" I mean almost all of these people have some weird background that gives them a hyper-competent fighting style. For example, "An infamous brawler skilled in karate. He worked in the criminal underworld as a mercenary and executioner terminating the lives of countless yakuza. Although he was said to have died in a one-on-one fight with a certain individual, here he is now, ready to reclaim his crown." or "Nicknamed "Birdman", Tobiyama has possibly the highest number of successful prison breaks on his record. Prison escapes are something of a hobby for him, so he commits crimes just to get in. When a prison warden committed suicide, unable to bear the ridicule after yet another escape, his peers arranged to have Tobiyama sent to the Bed of Styx.", or maybe "Before he landed here, he was a professional fighter who had not been defeated even once in 80 matches. All of his opponents died in the ring, beaten to death by this murderous madman who reveled in being able to kill with impunity. one day he got on the bad side of the local mafia, who decided that his place was in the Bed of Styx." These are just a couple of examples, there's like 30 of these guys and Kiryu can end up fighting almost any of them. One of the competitors here is a bear. A bear.
  • He's fought and defeated So Amon, who comes from the Amon clan, who's literally just a god knows how many generations-long family clan business who are all some of the best assassins on Earth, and when I say that I don't just mean they're skilled in H2H, So Amon literally summons a helicopter mid-fight to pelt Kiryu with missiles while also busting out a cannon, and Kiryu just beats him with his bare hands anyway.
I'm sticking to Yakuza 0 feats here since Kiryu grows in skill throughout the series, but due to inactivity he dips below the Y0 level for almost the entirety of Yakuza 1, so that's another game's worth of really weird and impressive feats, I don't wanna mention them since that's not as direct of a link to Kuze and I wanna keep it relatively brief.

EDIT: It's not brief at all lol sorry

And of course this is Kuze, not Kiryu, and Kuze isn't quite as good as Kiryu but they fight, five times, and every time Kuze keeps up with Kiryu, and he always comes back for more, he earns Kiryu's respect and all, and if he's earning Kiryu's respect as a fighter he's way better than what you've listed, since Kiryu goes up against the equivalent of "5 navy soldiers" or "a professional mma fighter" dozens of times throughout the series.

Also, Kuze can partially make up for the AP disadvantage via Heat Mode, which he'll eventually activate after a while and will boost his stats.

I'm not a Yakuza superfan so I might have missed something, if you want I can try and ask some people who know the series better to comment.

Last edited:
I'd argue the extent of how much Kuze can scale to Kiryu's skill in his first encounter the scene portrays Kiryu not having that much trouble with this fight and kuze even calling to his gang to give him assistance

in the second fight, Kiryu is still shown to be not all that tired afterward

In the third fight, he needed the assistance of his gang to tire him out

in the fourth fight, this is the same case but Kiryu isn't tired

in the fifth the two are somewhat even but Kiryu still doesn't have that much trouble with it also he was in heat mode for that last fight

I'd argue that kuze isn't that close to Kiryu's skill since he seems a bit reliant on things such as his gang, a weapon, and heat mode. Tony has better weapons because he has a gun and it'd give him better range alongside piercing damage something that kuze doesn't have and it's a bit unlikely that turning on heat mode would be his first option since he doesn't do it immediately only after tanking 5 beatings from Kiryu he uses it so it's a bit unlikely until he's taken a decent beating from tony if he doesn't just shoot him first

The gang isn't really an issue for Kiryu considering he's 8-C and they aren't, and Kiryu has heat and weapons too so I don't see how Kuze could be "reliant" on them, as for Kuze not being equal to Kiryu, I don't really think "Kiryu doesn't seem tired" is a fair argument since he basically never does in most post-boss cutscenes, and even being vaguely in the same playing field as Kiryu would put Kuze well above his opponent here.

And no, Kuze activates Heat in every boss battle, he just immediately does in the final one. As for shooting, the battle takes place in a parking lot so Kuze can bridge the distance in pike, a second, if shooting even is Tony's go-to

the gang is still help for Kuze and they aren't that far behind Kiryu while weaker they can still harm Kiryu and tank hits from him I think reliant was the wrong word but it is some notable assistance in quite a few of these fights even if it's just grunts they provide some distraction that he can capitalize off of and he still lost this fight this is even shown in the cutscene afterward with a grunt hitting him on the back of the head with a bat

in some cutscenes, Kiryu is shown to get physically tired and injured a couple of times to indicate how difficult the fight was in canon like with the final boss of the game

even if the gun doesn't work he still has some blades that would be effective in close quarters due to piercing damage and tony most likely would use his gun first thing due to all the times he's pulled guns on people

the gang is still help for Kuze and they aren't that far behind Kiryu while weaker they can still harm Kiryu and tank hits from him I think reliant was the wrong word but it is some notable assistance in quite a few of these fights even if it's just grunts they provide some distraction that he can capitalize off of and he still lost this fight this is even shown in the cutscene afterward with a grunt hitting him on the back of the head with a bat
I mean, Kiryu also had Nishiki in that fight, who is worth way more than a bunch of goons, so if anything Kuze was at a disadvantage.
in some cutscenes, Kiryu is shown to get physically tired and injured a couple of times to indicate how difficult the fight was in canon like with the final boss of the game
Yeah, the final boss and only the final boss, who's basically equal to him then. Just cause we don't see him at his very limit doesn't mean the fight was easy, considering Kiryu's respect for Kuze (despite the fact that Kuze had killed an ally of his) definitely implies Kuze is within the same ballpark.
even if the gun doesn't work he still has some blades that would be effective in close quarters due to piercing damage and tony most likely would use his gun first thing due to all the times he's pulled guns on people
Piercing damage isn't really more effective than just hitting someone in the head with a blunt object, you know? It's not some magical, durability ignoring force, and Kuze's weapon has longer range, which is way more valuable. As for the pistol considering the starting range I honestly don't think it matters much, Kuze can easily dodge one bullet while getting close enough that a gun is not much more effective than a melee weapon, especially since Tony has to draw the gun too, I'm assuming this mafia boss doesn't walk around carrying his guns in his hands.

I'm starting to see the skill difference and I'm starting to agree with that but tony has a good quickdraw using this scene as a reference and using this site that allows you to watch videos frame by frame tony's draw time is 0.44 seconds twice as fast as what's considered to be a good time so it is likely that tony would be able to shoot kuze before he gets close

It's fast, but It's more than twice as slow as the real life quick draw world record and I don't think it's so unreasonably fast that Kuze can't react to it a bit- there's definitely a possibility he just kills Kuze right there but I don't think it's too high.

Back