• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fan-Canon Characters: It's back.

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
What i mean by the title here is that, after going through at least two threads since the past month or so, i have decided to bring back the allowance of having people make fan-canon characters (as in, people here can make their own fan version of say Goku or DIO or Sakuya Izayoi and so on).

As per one of the threads here, we've made specific rules when it comes to making these kinds of characters, which we've made it onto this here page. However, one can make a page of a fan-canon character that was made by another person. Of course, the creator of the page has to at least credit the creator of the fan-canon character (much like how we've done for those who create pages for original chars made by another person). Failure to do this part will lead to a warning but if said warning is not met, it likely lead to the deletion fo the page.

Also unlike what happened last year, it's been agreed that any fan canon character page is written poorly with no reason behind the difference in the tiers and stats will be deleted, but any page that's well writtin and has a clear reasonable backstory and other stuff that explains why a fan canon character would have stats entirely different compared to their canon counterpart.

Anyways, please follow the rules for Fanfiction Character Profiles page (albeit it's not really complete yet but we're planning on fleshing it out as time goes on) carefully whenever you plan to make these kinds of characters. Have a good day.

-Your Bureaucrat,

Cross.

And where we should create fan-canon characters made by another person?

I mean, I actually working on some calcs for Super Mario Bros. Z (Because, hell yeah), but I can't create the profiles neither in VS BAttles Wiki nor Joke Battles Wiki

Hmm. Well here, i suppose. The thing is that, IIRC, we haven't exactly agreed on weather to post fan-canon characters made by another person.

Like you can create a page of an original character that was made by another person. For this? Not really sure.

Hmm. Actually that could work. I mean we can at least credit the creator, much like how we did with original characters.

So yeah, will update the OP and Rules page then accordingly.

It's alright, Steve.

Anyways if any of the old fan-canon characters fit with the current rules, you can restore them back...if you know how to.

Cool. Yeah so just make sure they do. If they don't follow even any of the current rules, don't restore them.

If you intend to make any Fan-canon Undertale chars, you have to follow the rules accordingly as linked in the OP above. @ZO

Back