• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fallen One Key (Please read first!)

Few showings??? Ant King Thor has his own series going one and he appeared more than 5 times.

and you have still have not pointed out whats statistics are actually incoherent, becaus eso far none of it is incoherent.

King Thor is obviously 2-C to 2-A without a shadow of a doubt saying otherwise is just illogical he has no anti feat at all either and he as fought Necro sword users several time and they are 2-A

@Ant We are talking about Old King Thor from the comic with Gorr right? That thor has half a dozen 2-A feats, his feats are shockingly consistent

No he does not. He just has some inconsistent powerscaling matchups. Jason Aaron is completely unreliable in this area, and does not portray Odin, Celestials, or old Thor as anywhere near 2-C, much less 2-A.

I would much prefer considerable input from our most knowledgeable members before you rush away to create exaggerated pages for extremely inconsistent characters.

Ant you understand simply trying to say "no" to a character nearly everyone deems to be Consistent will just result in stone-walling and will make the conversation go absolutely nowhere, it doesn't help not only the people you are speaking with, but it generally effects the Wikia as a whole.

Anyways, I am in support with 2-A OKT

WeeklyBattles said:
I already asked the people you told me to ask and they approved it being 2-A remember?
^^^^ basically this.

And saying King Thor is inconsistent is just false, can you point out an actual inconsistent?

The guy like weekly said have more than a dozen of 2-A feat and more coming on, we all have a small beef with Aaron with how he treated Thor back then, but now?

The guy is putting in some work and giving a coherent story, just saying no and "it's Aaron that wrote that" is not enough to deny the dozen of feats King thor has.

Just a few examples of Jason Aaron's inconsistencies:

Odin was matched by Jane Foster Thor and defeated by the regular Thor.

Mjolnir-less young Thor caused trouble to Gorr just like Old King Thor did.

The Celestials were essentially treated as weak giant robots that large versions of Thor, She-Hulk, and the Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider could handle.

Gorr, future Galactus, and Old King Thor usually only displayed High 4-C to 4-B level feats when truly exerting themselves.

Also, which members have you asked and gained agreement from regarding a 2-A Thor Weekly? A 2-A prime Odin was just rejected after a long discussion in another thread, so making Old King Thor infinitely stronger does not make any sense in relation to our other profiles.

"The Celestials were essentially treated as weak giant robots that large versions of Thor, She-Hulk, and the Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider could handle."

>5th host and they couldn't do anything even when amped by the magic of Ymir, Ghost Rider had the power of a celestial himself

@Hykuu

They could do plenty, and they were just grown to giant size. Robbie Reyes just used a dead Celestial's body as his new bike. It still used him as a power source.

@Weekly

I have no memories of them accepting a 2-A Thor, so feel free to quote them, but even if they did, it still wouldn't make any sense to make him 2-A rather than 2-C.

No, they had strength aswell, size wouldn't really matter at that point if they could have just swapped hands.

Ya and it directly connects him to it, he would still regain the power.

Honestly, I haven't been keeping up with current Marvel and can't stand most of it, similiar to PrinceOfTheMorning.

So yeah, can someone breakdown the positions here for me? This thread is a far cry from what I originally started it as.

I don't know if a 2-A Thor makes sense, that makes him infinitely stronger than his dear old dad. In terms of scaling... that doesn't make a lot of sense

@Crimson Canonically he is. Only a few weeks after he obtained the Odinforce his power surpassed Odin's so much that Doctor Strange and a bunch of other people tried to put a limiter on him

Also Gorr nearly killed Young Thor even when Gorr was in a weakened state before he absorbed the power of gods over thousands of years. King Thor oneshot Gorr twice, forcing Gorr to kill and absorb all the rest of the gods he enslaved and only then was able to beat King Thor.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Crimson Canonically he is. Only a few weeks after he obtained the Odinforce his power surpassed Odin's so much that Doctor Strange and a bunch of other people tried to put a limiter on him
Can you show me a scan of this please? I only remember Thor being temporarily cut off from the Odinforce from the old late 1990s Jurgens run on the Thor book.

Anyway, I still do not think that we can scale Old King Thor any higher than 2-C given his relation to Odin.

WeeklyBattles said:
Also Gorr nearly killed Young Thor even when Gorr was in a weakened state before he absorbed the power of gods over thousands of years. King Thor oneshot Gorr twice, forcing Gorr to kill and absorb all the rest of the gods he enslaved and only then was able to beat King Thor.
^^^^ also this
Main-qimg-e9c0c129cfcf38cd78d19b9f443c7a8e
we all know how the Odin force works and we know that once Odin dies Thor will inherit the entirety of it, and guess what he did die and Thor as had the Odin force (now Thor force) more millions of years so long that the universe is nearing its heat death.
Plus the older Asgardian get the stronger they are, are you guys really going to say that Thor after all these years didn't surpass Odin or match him?

That's simply ridiculous and illogical.

@Ashen Im going to ask that you try to be respectful, i get that youre frustrated but Ant is just trying to keep things accurate

Antvasima said:
Anyway, I still do not think that we can scale Old King Thor any higher than 2-C given his relation to Odin.
2-C and 2-A via necrosword.

@Weekly sorry if I sound aggressive but I'm actually really not ill try to write differently to look less aggressive, sorry for the misunderstanding.

King Thor fought Phoenix force wolverine who in turn killed celestials and then fought old man doom who fought and nearly killed wolverine

Hykuu said:
Doesn't matter can we just get back on topic regarding surfer
Please, lets and finally put the matter to rest.

All the stuff for King Thor and the like should really be it's own thread.

Well, the main problem is that Jason Aaron does not write any of these characters as anywhere near tier 2-A, which makes the scaling difficult, but yes, we should stop discussing this issue here.

Please, lets and finally put the matter to rest.

All the stuff for King Thor and the like should really be it's own thread.

But if we get King Thanos accepted we might get Surfer accepted since they both face the same problem that Ant has with them.

Also
RCO011 1571865093
these events they are talking about is obviously the main universe 616 events. So dosent that debunk what Zark2099 said?

Is this the same as Silver Surfer as the one in Silver Surfer Black Black or is a completely different version of him?

It's completely different, this one simply became worthy overtime and nearly slapped 2 Diones, Surfer Black is the one whose gonna fight Rune King Thor in 2020 after "beating" Knull

Antvasima said:
Just temporarily.
Way too soon to say temporarily, they are obviously going somewhere with this and they just started temporarily would mean that they ended their fused state... Which they haven't.

Well, it seems unlikely that it lasts, but we will see.

@AshenCrow

It is still not guaranteed to be Earth-616, the timelines are constantly shifting and different stories contradict each other, so we can't guarantee it to be relevant in the future Marvel stories.

Zark2099 said:
@AshenCrow

It is still not guaranteed to be Earth-616, the timelines are constantly shifting and different stories contradict each other, so we can't guarantee it to be relevant in the future Marvel stories.
The silver surfer we see is clearly the same one after his fight with Knull since he was still looking for his essance that got scattered all around the universe hence the reason why he dosent have a body and also the reason why he looks black.

There is no doubt that this silver surfer is the same, we just need to wait and see what happens next.

Do you know that Cable in Deadpool & Cable was meant to be the same Cable as the canon one?

Do you know that Mister Immortal who Hulk hakai'd was supposed to live till the end in the future?

Do you know how many different times it is stated Spider-Man 2099 is from the future Earth-616 when it's not?

Do you know how apparently Ms. Marvel is somehow the greatest superhero on Earth in the future?

The future in Gwenpool is technically irrelevant now because of character changes.

It doesn't exactly matter whether the events are set in the future when they all contradict each other, the futures are the same level as alternate universe in Marvel.

Zark is correct about that there is no set official future in Marvel comicbooks.

Back