• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

FAITH Big Overhaul

EliminatorVenom

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
+MORTIS+

This is actually way smaller than I'm painting it as.

I was checking some stuff on the wiki boredly, and I thought about making a FAITH series page, and maybe some profiles. To my surprise, there was one already, and with two profiles. The problem is, they are very, very bare-bones. You can look personally at the verse page and the character profiles. I usually don't like to make CRTs, but this should be fairly uncontroversial. I want to make a complete overhaul of the pages, altering descriptions, giving powers and capabilities, and many more.

Verse Page
New Description: Faith is a horror game developed by Airdorf Games and published by New Blood Interactive. A lone priest who goes by the name of John Ward comes to an old house to correct old mistakes and repent for his sins, and finally save a soul he had given up on. However, things are not as it seems, and his mind slips as he dwells into things man was not meant to discover.

New Power of the Verse: Most characters perform as expected of normal people, not really going beyond Human level. However, most demons are Street to the lower bounds of Wall level, being able to easily overpower and kill normal people and animals.

Many notable characters reach the lower bounds of Superhuman speed, at least in combat and reactions, by reacting to demons that are faster than animals.

Several characters in the universe possess good hax capabilities, with Reality Warping, Mind Manipulation, Possession, and many others being normal to demons. Other characters rarely have powers of the type, but some humans have exorcism and holy-related powers.

John Ward
  • Holy Manipulation: I don't know if it needs examples as it is a very broad theme, but John can damage and kill demons obviously through his faith and the holy power thereof. His holy power can also repulse unholy-tainted people.
  • Exorcism: It's there, but could be given examples, such as during John's fight with Alu,
  • Resistance to Possession & possibly to Soul and Body: John can fight against Alu's possession and resist doing his bidding, while the whole point of Chapter 3 Demo's boss fight is that the possessed person can't resist at all. So, there's also the matter that possession deforms and tortures body and soul, and whenever John is possessed/tainted by unholy power and comes back to his bearings, he comes back to his normal, human form. However, it is troublesome to scale him directly, as it may very well take a long time (Michael took two weeks to have a noticeable change), and whenever John's been affected, his body did warp severely and his soul (or at least his mind) was also affected. Basically, we don't know if, brought out of universe, John resisting possession would mean he would also return from the altering effects, or if those are only a consequence of possession by Faith in-universe logic, and John only needs to resist the possession. I tend towards the latter, but I'm being transparent here.
  • Tolerance to Pain: Even with his intestines torn out and grievously wounded, John still drags himself across the ground to grab his cross. This could also justify an upgrade to stamina, I think?
  • Reach: Bumped to a few meters. His cross can reach demons from quite a distance away.
  • Power Nullification?: I would consider that as a simple effect of causing pain to the demon and wounding them, but John is consistently shown to snap demons out of invisibility with his cross. Examples during his fight with Amy, the Hidden-Face Demon and the Spindly Lady. If you guys consider it valid, it can be considered power null.
  • Combat & Reaction Speed Upgraded to Superhuman?: Only possibly, but John can consistently react to demons such as Michael and Amy lunging at him, who are even faster than wild deer running for their lives. In fact, he reacts to Amy teleporting behind him and dashing faster than even the top speed Michael can reach in Faith. However, the speed tier is low enough that we might consider distance nullifying that, and aside from reacting to demons (which he admittedly does consistently), John has not shown any notable speed feats at all. (Unless you want to scale him to the velocity of the rifle bullets he shoots, but I wouldn't as it is... weird)
Amy Martin: Before anything, I'll say that I don't know if we should scale Amy to fodder and weaker demons. We don't know if demons in Faith universe share similar capabilities aside from some very few ones (Such as Perception Manipulation and Possession, that all of them should have), so I'm going to post things that scale SOLELY to her. I'll be posting more things by the end of the thread that may be useful. Also, I'll tackle on the problem that Faith is a very trippy and uncertain game by nature, so many of the powers I'll by describing here could be something else. I'll put some of them under Reality Warping but, really, could be many things.
Madness Conundrum: One problem of tackling Faith is that the whole game is very ambiguous about the whole experience, whether it was real or a simple delusion of John's mind. The whole Chapter 2 apparently took place in a dream, and the demo of Chapter 2 probably did as well. Or maybe not, and we just don't know enough yet. In any case, for the sake of the profiles, I'm assuming that the story is true and that the events of Chapter 2, if not real, are possible and reflect some form of pseudo reality for the most part, if they don't outright remember the past.

Opinions would be appreciated. In fact, I recommend you guys to watch the videos yourselves, maybe on channels of some good YouTubers. All Faith games are short, but fascinating experiences and some of the best examples of horror of its kind.

I need to sleep for now, but later I'll post some relevant stuff on weaker demons and offer myself to make the rest of the pages.

Power Nullification?: I would consider that as a simple effect of causing pain to the demon and wounding them, but John is consistently shown to snap demons out of invisibility with his cross. Examples during his fight with Amy, the Hidden-Face Demon and the Spindly Lady. If you guys consider it valid, it can be considered power null
I don't know anything about the verse, but this seems like limited power null or maybe light manipulation of sort. But leaning towards limited power null

Is there another power null feat? Aside from invisibility?

Reality Warping: Amy made John suddenly appear on the attic when finding him in the basement. That whole bit was noted in-universe as being incoherent and inconsistent, and it is unclear if she just caused a severe mental confusion on John, if she actually teleported him, or made something else entirely.
I think this can qualify as teleportation imo.

I am not good with LS or speed, so can't comment on that. But the rest seems fine. Once again, I will say idk the verse but the crt makes sense with the evidence given.

1. Cold manipulation isn’t a thing

2. Regarding the LS class, are there any implications to what the demons can lift or any implications of the weight of the statue? because with lower tier LS ratings statutes could be as high as class 100 or way lower,

3. The reality warping is eh for me as i haven’t played this but idk

the rest looks fine

I don't know anything about the verse, but this seems like limited power null or maybe light manipulation of sort. But leaning towards limited power null

Is there another power null feat? Aside from invisibility?
Nope, that is why I didn't want to apply it. It always seemed to me that the act of damaging demons made them snap out of invisibility due to broken concentration, pain or something. It shouldn't be Light Manipulation, it is even a major point in that, in Chapter 2 and 3 Demo that John has no ways to create light, which makes certain parts of his journey way too difficult.
I think this can qualify as teleportation imo.
My only hesitation is that nowhere else have demons been able to teleport other people, but it might be the case. I'm fine with anything decided, tbh.

1. Cold manipulation isn’t a thing
Yeah, technically it is Heat Manipulation, but oh well.
2. Regarding the LS class, are there any implications to what the demons can lift or any implications of the weight of the statue? because with lower tier LS ratings statutes could be as high as class 100 or way lower,
There are few explicit feats of the type. We see that demons consistently have explicit Superhuman/Class 1 feats with raw strength (tearing flesh apart, snapping shackles and restraints with a single limb, easily overpowering humans and wild animals), but the powers make the analysis muddy a bit. In Faith, their powers are very trippy and rarely explicit. For example, on the video link I posted, all we see is that a statue that was on one place was suddenly in another, in a completely different position after you open the gates to an arena where you fight a demon. I assumed that the demon moved the statue and was the one who made the statue move, but it could be anything else.
3. The reality warping is eh for me as i haven’t played this but idk
It is eh to me too, which makes me unsure of applying. Demons in general have powers that are so trippy that they might qualify, but going for the safer option, I would rather add something else.

Great! I shall implement the changes.

I've plenty of work to do with some verses I've seen too, but one thing at a time.

i actually skimmed through some gameplay videos which were recommended to me without even realizing this was the same game then i went to check if it had profiles and yup my short term memory is a disaster

but yeah looks good now that i have some knowledge

i actually skimmed through some gameplay videos which were recommended to me without even realizing this was the same game then i went to check if it had profiles and yup my short term memory is a disaster

but yeah looks good now that i have some knowledge
I hope you liked the game, FAITH is really great

What do you think about demons having reality warping? I hesitate to use the term but they do generally seem very trippy in how they interact with reality

It seems really cool but horror isn't really my cup of tea, so I doubt I'd enjoy actually playing it.

It's pretty weird, and the artstyle doesn't exactly make it clearer, so idk.

Back