• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fair maybe: Celica A. Mercury vs Oryx

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does she start off with? I don't see resistance to law manipulation and how good is her resistance to death manipulation?

Passive 2-A power null. I thought this is fair because she no-sell what makes Oryx' fair matches hard to find.

Anything, really, as long as it's supernatural and stuff. Doesn't include something like Regenerationn and Immortality tho.

Soulhax maybe? She can bypass his immortalities easily though I'm not sure about 9. Azure Grimoire and Nox Nyctores can work on Arakune but I'm iffy about it.

Again, I'm quite iffy about her bypassing type 9 so let's just say she doesn't. How can he deal with power null and stuff

He can't deal with 2-A power null. He could summon Taken Vex, but I'm pretty sure Celica resists everything the Vex can do so this may be an incon.

I mean

Can't he just cut her with willbreaker

Worked against Kharn

Also, I'm not sure if the ascendant realm powers are "natural" or not because of them just being him abusing the characteristics of his personal universe. His acausality may also cause some issues.

I totally forgot about the acausality. She resists quantum manipulation so I doubt that Willbreaker will work.

Willbreaker also has the whole cutting through space and reality thing. It also has the pain manip, not even needing to touch you to hurt you, and such.

Both resists. And like, supernatural I mean, just out of the world stuff. Alchemy is just science and Relius and Trinity was problematic about her since she nulls everything.

To what degree though? Is everything on her file a 2-A level resist?

Pain stuff doesn't really seem like it falls under that in the first place, since an absurdly painful weapon is hardly just fantasy. Also, how long range is the passive?

Also also, can she get by the acausality? Even back when he was only type 4 he used it to no sell the attacks of an entire civilization, forcing them to develop special acausal weapons to stop him. I can grab that card in a bit.

2-A because of course she does. I think it's Cross-Dimensional, even Multiversal+.

Ah, then again, she kinda won't give up or die from that.

Is that "**** you your attack doesn't work on me because it doesn't" stuff? Because she's getting resistance to it.

I don't think you can really resist the fact that your opponent isn't bound by causality. Not really some effect trying to work on the character.

Though, I just remembered that his reactive Evo, which is of his biology, will probably cause some issued. When his sister blew up a moon on him, he came back being unable to be killed by exploding planets. Oryx gets stronger really fast.

Oh, RE ain't a problem. Terumi has better RE than Oryx and he was helpless against her. But then I think her attacks won't land.

I don't know terumi's RE and don't feel like posting Ortx's stuff rn because I want to sleep, but maybe I will tomorrow.

Does the 5-C oryx mean he's not allowed to use tier 4 weapons such as the annihilator totems that he could go snag in rather short order, or just him himself?

If it needs some prep to get it, then no. If he's his standard equipment then he has it. RPL is a thing so he can't out AP her tho.

He can teleport in all his stuff without much of a hassle. How good is her reactive power though?

You mean he just teleport and strike from another dimension because she nulled Terumi's teleportation.

PoO>Amaterasu. It can threaten timeline itself with RPL. So it can go tier 2 and stuff.

He can also just fly off and go grab stuff, though the Acausality may cause some issues with the power null working.

After ascending to Godhood, the civilization that was before stalling him was forced to use special, "paracausal" weapons to affect him at all. This is due to him leaving behind causality via his ascencio. He can ignore the effects of things because to be affected by something is a causal relationship, with the cause being the ability and the effect being whatever happens. Due to him no longer being bound by causal closure...

Edit: Made a mistake. This card is actually before his ascent to Godhood. He just superseded causality one day, I guess. His acausality gets even better later on.

Terumi stated that Kusanagi is unbound by causality. Her power null still can affect them. Tho I don't know if it can mean as Type 5.

Yeah, this wasn't the only thing to get Oryx type 5, considering back when that happened he was probably only just type 4 due to not being ascended yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back