• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Evil Devil Thingo vs Evil Chaos Man

You could make that argument but i think it is because Zennon is more than 1 demon combined and because of his unique power. Of course Jenny could also be lying.

Can someone please explain how Devilman possibly incaps, here? Unless I'm missing something, this is Warp Magnus, who is neither a physical being or anything aside from pure Warp energy, which is basically stream of thought and metaphor.

Second, does Devilman actually have a counter to being attacked/damaged on a conceptual level? Does his regen actually cover that?

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Can someone please explain how Devilman possibly incaps, here? Unless I'm missing something, this is Warp Magnus, who is neither a physical being or anything aside from pure Warp energy, which is basically stream of thought and metaphor.

Second, does Devilman actually have a counter to being attacked/damaged on a conceptual level? Does his regen actually cover that?
I think his powers hit something close to that, but im not sure.

No, his regen doesn't cover conceptual destruction.

Transmutation/Fusion. It's passive and can fuse with thought. It did transmutate mental, spiritual and conceptual entities.

He's getting a revision where Zenon, Satan and him survived conceptual erasure.

Can you show me where he transmutes conceptual entities who are entirely metaphysical? That's kind of important. The other thing I'm kind of doubtful on is this working on a sufficiently powerful Warp entity who doesn't really have anything to fuse with, unless he actually fuses with ideas themselves, which I'd like to see.

Can you also show where he survives conceptual erasure? Because if he does, then flat-out killing him is out of the question.

http://imgur.com/a/28xVO

God erased existence of everything on earth. Demons are ideas and except for Jinmen, Sirene, Zenon, Amon and Satan, every demon was erased, never coming back ever again. Thus conceptual erasure. Crybaby erase also relied on their type 9, not their conceptual existence.

https://www.***********.net/amon/1/180

https://i5.***********.net/amon/8/amon-2483193.jpg

Amon is conceptual entity and so are the demons. While they have physical forms, it's pretty much that they are mental (they are unconscious thus res to mind), spiritual (the darkness and desires from the human heart) and conceptual (they are ideas). They're all died in the second panel with that Transmutation. They didn't back up by any method, Non-Corporeal is gone, Conceptual Existence is gone, heck when that girl in the second scan died, even type 9 is gone. It even affect Amon himself who is again, conceptual. This is classified to be Transmutation but this is their Fusionism. Their Fusionism are on those level because, well, what they did is Fusionism.

First part I can't read as it's all in Japanese, but I'll take your word for it.

Second set of scans isn't showing me enough to believe Amon can just absorb ideas/concepts freely without any sort of physical form to absorb. This seems like a massive stretch based on what's actually given.

https://www.***********.net/amon/9/21

https://www.***********.net/amon/10/5

https://www.***********.net/amon/10/9

It explicitly stated that it actually killed demons. And conceptual blah blah. Here showing that they can merge to other demons. Also third scan using Transmutation/Fusionism to permanently kill Asura. Again, Fusionism needs to have same potency.

Yes, but all of these demons explicitly had bodies.

I'm asking for the absorption of a metaphysical, conceptual entity with no body whatsoever. Purely absorbing an idea.

Asura in the third scan didn't come back ever since. Not in Lady, not in Shin, not in Neo. Not even glimpse of her conceptual self.

https://www.***********.net/amon/1/127

https://www.***********.net/amon/1/128

This guy didn't have any body, and is a Devilman so he's a demon. When Zenon transmutated him, so did the Non-Corporeal self.

That's not what I'm asking.

Grey Knights can completely destroy lesser daemons, who are conceptual entities composed of metaphor and unconscious thought, if they are able to assault the daemon through a material projection. They could not, however, do this to any daemon they didn't have a direct way of interacting with.

This is the sort of stuff I'm asking for. Because being able to absorb/damage a conceptual entity currently bound to a some sort of semi-physical form and doing this to one in its pure, unfettered state are two very different things.

Regardless of franchise, the former is almost universally more accessible than the latter, and the latter requires more evidence.

Jozu was not in physical form. What I'm saying is that it can it can totally damage your conceptual form while attacking physical one. The Jozu in the consciousness is his conceptual self, one of the main reason why demons can mess and enter to mind is that they are human consciousness and ideas formed by humanity, same thing with Devilman G. It can and it did. He can interact with the guys who are in the same form as Jozu physically in Violence Jack.

Also i just want to point out this:

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Assuming that's what the two abilities are referring to, I'm pretty sure it's something Amon had to activate before he could just walk around and transmute things with his presence.

I'm going to reread some of the series when I head to the library today. I need to be sure this isn't something that's been misinterpreted.
MrKingOfNegativity said:
You realize he was in his demon form during his fight with Zenon, right? Nothing was melting at all during that fight. In fact, that's the same fight where both of them directly tanked a barrage of nukes that vaporized the Atlantic Ocean. If this were really a passive ability that came with Amon's transformation and didn't require any activation or concentrated will whatsoever, all of those nukes would have melted into paste the moment they came anywhere near him.
MrKingOfNegativity said:
@Reinhard:
The point is that they managed to get within fairly close-proximity detonation range and explode, instead of being turned to paste before they could do so, like they would have been if Amon's merging were a passive ability that affected anything within his presence.

Which it isn't. He has to activate it manually, and even when he does, its range is very clearly shown to vary depending on how much of his will he's putting into the ability. (Hence why he managed to travel across Kanto and into Hokkaido without affecting anything outside of Japan with it)
Devilman's trasnmutation and fusionism aren't passive, and it was agreed, as it's the reason White Face won against him.

So all the vote that use passive fusionism + trasmutation as their arguments are debunked

First that a very good point you brought up.

Second it is passive if he is in Amon state.

Third change his picture because that is Amon and not Devilman.

Tincan123 said:
First that a very good point you brought up.
Second it is passive if he is in Amon state.

Third change his picture because that is Amon and not Devilman.
But Deviman was in his full power state in the White Face match too

also i changed the picture like you asked

First this is how their type 9 immoratality works: You are made of your physical body, made of matter, and your spiritual body, composed of you will. body you feel now is your spiritual body. don't have one. That mist-like substance comes from the material world, what you call reality. you return to the physical world that aura will become your real body and your spiritual body will become an aura that normal people cant see.

Second here is the explaination why Amon Transmutation/Fusionism didnt work on Zenon: When demons merge the stronger absorbs the weaker and again the stronger absorbs the weaker. Now i dont know if Magnus has faced something like this so please explain if he did.

Third even if Magus mind screw Devilman there is a high chance that he might break seal of Amon just like Agros: He screws up Devilma with his Fate manipulation and with that and with that he defeats Devilman but breaks the seal and awakens Amo

@Overlord775 Thats true but their is a huge difference between Devilman full power and Amon full power. Mainly because Amon is stronger then Devilman and their Mind set.

Edit: I admit i kinda made a mistake by saying Devilman has Passive Transmuation/Fusionism when its cleary shown that Amon has that power. Altought this doesnt mean that Devilman doesnt have the Passive Transmutation/Fusionism because Amon did state this about Akira ( he,s my equal.) Amon also make it clear that Akira is holding back while being a Devilma

While Devilman's transmutation isnt passive due to his mindset, Amon' s is basically passive due to its mindset, as hes basically auto-bloodlusted iirc

Back