• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Eternatus (Pokemon) vs Aizen (Bleach)

Eternatus doesn't resist soul crush and Aizen doesn't resist power null. If soul crush kills instantly then incon, since either Aizen gets completely nulled or Eternatus gets his soul crushed. If it doesn't then Eternatus gets null off first.

Eternatus doesn't resist soul crush and Aizen doesn't resist power null. If soul crush kills instantly then incon, since either Aizen gets completely nulled or Eternatus gets his soul crushed. If it doesn't then Eternatus gets null off first.
So you vote Incon?

Can someone elaborate on his passive powernull, why is it incon?
can't aizen cut him or something?

Can someone elaborate on his passive powernull, why is it incon?
can't aizen cut him or something?
Eternatus Can Null Physical Move’s, So Sword Slices are unlikely to work.

Power Nullification (Has an aura which passively prevents the other Pokémon from using their moves. Can also release a shockwave which negates the current effects of the opponents' abilities and cures itself from damage and status conditions)

It’s hard to know if Eternatus Nulls Soul Crush or not, So it’s Incon.

I guess it makes sense since he stops physical pokemon moves but would it stop normal function like walking around or moving your hands?

I guess it makes sense since he stops physical pokemon moves but would it stop normal function like walking around or moving your hands?
Unsure about Walking forward or waving a hand, but it stops Metronome, which is described as:
The user waggles a finger and stimulates its brain into randomly using nearly any move.
It also prevents Endure, which is just standing still & bracing yourself.
Agility is described as:
The user relaxes and lightens its body to move faster. This sharply raises the Speed stat.
Power Nullification (Has an aura which passively prevents the other Pokémon from using their moves. Can also release a shockwave which negates the current effects of the opponents' abilities and cures itself from damage and status conditions)

The shockwave's Ability negation in theory should stop abilities like Run Away, which let a Pokemon always be able to run away. But AFAIK, the Anti-Ability Shockwave isn't passive.

It can also prevent the use of the move Teleport, which is normally just a means of movement. (Mainly to run away, but in Gen 7, it lets a trainer's Pokemon switch.)

Though I dunno if the trainers/player characters are able to flee from Eternatus, & I dunno if we consider that game mechanics.

But if Eternatus negates stuff like curling up into a ball with Defense Curl or pretending to cry (Fake Tears) or just hopping about to no effect (Splash), I'm not sure why it would be any less indiscriminate with its negation, to the extent of allowing walking either.

Last edited:
Yeah Eternatus' aura can be argued to be paralysis inducement too. Though it probably wouldn't stop hand movement given that the main character was able to throw Poke Balls to send out their Pokemon.

Yeah Eternatus' aura can be argued to be paralysis inducement too. Though it probably wouldn't stop hand movement given that the main character was able to throw Poke Balls to send out their Pokemon.
Despite that it stops a move done by finger waggling? (& brain stimulation.)

Does the pokemon verse distinguish from actual named physical pokemon moves and a pokemon who decides to do physical activity?

Does the pokemon verse distinguish from actual named physical pokemon moves and a pokemon who decides to do physical activity?
Besides the above mentioned Run Away, some forms of movement (Levitate), are Abilities rather than moves. Wimp Out is also an Ability, the execution of which involves movement, albeit, based on cowardice.
IIRC. In some games, it has been possible for Wild Pokemon to flee, but I don't know if any of them can do that against Eternatus, & it's questionable if it was an intended scenario for Eternatus, since I don't know if Wild Pokemon running away is in Sw/Sh, which is where Eternatus's ability is shown.

In theory, you can flee, but Eternatus itself is a Wild Pokemon being battled by trainers; Presumably, the Trainers recall their Pokemon when fleeing, since we don't see it happen, but MOST games don't have trainers' Pokemon present in the overworld/when not in battle, & Sw/Sh is a game where your Pokemon aren't out of their Poke Balls when not in battle.
So it MIGHT be that Eternatus was supressing the Pokemon but not the trainers, & thus the trainers flee, & presumably, recall their Pokemon to do so. Especially so if we're able to switch against Eternatus, but I dunno if we can.
That said, I have no idea if this isn't game mechanics; Letting players run from story-mandatory legendary battles is a thing in several recent games.

Dudes, Soul Crush already negs Eternatus as it doesn't have feats of nulling passives. The passive aura only blocks moves from being used. Asking to close.

I've already asked this to be removed for this very reason as y'all are seriously wanking that power null, it doesn't work like that. And guess what, it was. I have no idea why this stomp isn't closed yet.

Back