• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
A small gathering of Pro Heroes sat watching footage of Spider-Man from the news, taking notes and making criticisms. They were debating wether the vigilante should be given an official hero license. "I think we should give him a chance." Toshinori said as the footage ended. "His heart is in the right place, his quirk seems exceptionally strong, and he seems to clearly know what he is doing." The other heroes silently spoke amongst each other, debating these points. "I'm against it." Aizawa spoke up. "He's incredibly cooky, arrogant, and reckless. The fact that he has remained a vigilante only solidifies this. Had he not made the illogical choice of rushing in to apprehend the Kingpin in the way that he did, it's likely that Mister Negative would've never gotten the chance to terrorize New York as much as he did." Even more murmurs filled the room.

After an incredibly long debate the two sides had reached an impasse. "I'll tell you what Aizawa." All Might said. "If you think that he's so dangerous, why don't you test him? See for yourself if he's the menace you make him out to be?" Aizawa gave the idea some thought. Maybe a combat challenge was in order? Seeing how Spider-Man performed against a pro could show just how much his arrogance impacted his abilities and it could show just how far he was willing to go to prevent civilian casualties during a fight. "That's not a bad idea."

~

Spider-Man was casually sticking to the side of a building, texting away at MJ. Until he suddenly wasn't. "Woah, woah woah!" He had suddenly detached from the building against his will, barely managing to stick the landing on a nearby rooftop. "What the heck was that!?" As if to answer Peter's question, a shadowy figure revealed himself. "Spider-Man." Eraserhead said, glaring down at the vigilante. "And who are you supposed to be? The Mummy? Homeless Man? Paste Pot Pete?" Peter quipped, sensing that this guy wasn't exactly friendly. "I'm the guy fighting you, that's all you need to know." Eraserhead said, readying his Capturing Weapon.

Speed Equalized. Win via Incapactation or KO. Spider-Man doesn't have any of his suit specific abilities.

Aizawa sensei Eraserhead
vs.
Spider-Man PS4 Photo Mode

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
So quick question, is Spidies strength and speed natural?
Strength and Speed doesn't get nullified by Aizawa's power null, as Aizawa has outright stated that he can't null those kinds of quirks. This is why Noumu was still able to lay a huge beatdown on him even while getting nulled. Stuff like Spider-Sense gets nulled, but those purely physical attributes are fine.

Webbing (with longer range too) and higher AP end with Spider-Man victory, even with the match's handicaps.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
How dependant is Spiderman on his Spider-Sense?
Not very. He only really uses it when dodging attacks from multiple enemies and when dealing with ambushes. Wall crawling would likely get nulled as well, for what that's worth.

Also, Spider-Man can web up Aizawa's face to break his line of sight (which is a general move he does). That can cancel the erasure quirk.

Capturing weapon may be able to be countered by the Spider-Sense (debatable, they should be comparable to Dr. Octopus's tentacles), or at the very least be broken out of by Spidey's strength.

Voting Spidey for a better skillset even without powers

Without powers all Spidey has is webshooters, which Aizawa could block. Plus going by the OP Aizawa seems to have both prep and knowledge, so I'm voting Eraserhead.

Blocking webshooters shouldn't stick his arms togther as he could just use a single hand to block them. Or use the end of his capturing weapon to intercept the webshot. Goodness knows he's skilled enough.

And Spidey's agility won't help him here, he's always been confined to the ground against whip-wielding enemies, which Aizawa kinda is. And breaking out is debatable, as Aizawa has captured enemies with that who could be comparable to Spidey in terms of raw strength. Also, the Spider-Sense argument is invalid as Aizawa has nulled it with his quirk

He has not captured enemies comparable to Spider-Man's building+ strength, Shouta is 0.63 tons vs 1.68 tons.

My bad, whoops. But my other points still stand. Plus, even if he could break through the whip-things, they would distract him for long enough for Aizawa to get in close and land some good hits.

Attack potency doesn't matter in regards to the capture weapon restraining him, lifting strength does.

Crimson Azoth said:
My bad, whoops. But my other points still stand. Plus, even if he could break through the whip-things, they would distract him for long enough for Aizawa to get in close and land some good hits.
Class 25 isn't getting slowed down by class 5 at all. Just saying.

Well, Spidey definately showed that he has a weakness to being tied up. Sable agents and whip enemies tend to nail him pretty good for a couple of seconds

Crimson Azoth said:
Well, Spidey definately showed that he has a weakness to being tied up. Sable agents and whip enemies tend to nail him pretty good for a couple of seconds
Those have enough lifting strength to slow him down. Aizawa doesn't.

Back