• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Eragon Shadeslayer Vs Percy Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mood:Bloodlusted

Distance:15 meters

For Eragon,Glaedr eldunari,All his 136 Eldunaris,all Murtagh eldunaris,and all Galbatorix eldunaris.Also all of his equipement as well as the Name Of Names.

For Percy,all equipement and Immortality.

Which Legend wins this debate?

I think Eragon wins with his Death Word hax. He can easily kill Percy without exerting too much energy. In addition he has powerful Telepathy which Percy has little defense against.

If speed isn't equalized and Percy has his Curse of Achilles powers then this is a stomp for Percy. The curse maid him immortal not just to physical damage but to anything that could harm him except for a direct strike to his weak point. In one of the books it says that he wasn't sure if the attacks were bouncing off or just magically missing him but he suspected that it was both. Eragon has way better hacks but his wards have to be set up specifically to counter certain threats while Jackson has almost universal protection.

If you're going for a speed blitz deal, then a ward meant to simply stop an attack will still defend him. Also, while eragon does lose in speed, he's still capable of fighting back and has literally hundreds of minds including his own that are each going to start the first millisecond of the fight by attacking Percy's mind. Also no fight starts off with both people blind charging. I mean sure if they're "bloodlusted, sure. But by any means of standard ways characters fight, Percy isn't going on first millisecond super charge for a win even if he could, and by that point it's too late.

Eragon wins via mind hax. I would like to point out that Percy's magic resistance is great enough to shrug off a magical attack with enough force to send him flying cross country. Eragon's death words and magical attacks may not work.

Dancesnapple said:
If you're going for a speed blitz deal, then a ward meant to simply stop an attack will still defend him. Also, while eragon does lose in speed, he's still capable of fighting back and has literally hundreds of minds including his own that are each going to start the first millisecond of the fight by attacking Percy's mind. Also no fight starts off with both people blind charging. I mean sure if they're "bloodlusted, sure. But by any means of standard ways characters fight, Percy isn't going on first millisecond super charge for a win even if he could, and by that point it's too late.
Yea, back in the day i wasnt that good at making matchups

How likely is Eragon to use a Death Word? Because the power gap is so blatant that Percy could win if he so much as poked or breathed on Eragon or Saphira.

Also, what proof do you have that Eragon's Death Word is going to work on someone who's not only invulnerable but a full tier higher?

Reppuzan said:
How likely is Eragon to use a Death Word? Because the power gap is so blatant that Percy could win if he so much as poked or breathed on Eragon or Saphira.
Also, what proof do you have that Eragon's Death Word is going to work on someone who's not only invulnerable but a full tier higher?
It would probably not work, but you're forgetting how mage batttles actually WORK. They fight telepathically and find out a spell that explores a loophole on each other's defeneses. This means that everyone in Eragon is used to fighting opponents completely invulnerable to the death words. Eragon's Dragon Hearts will and it's not below them to start off a fight by invading someone's mind and restraining it from the get-go. Percy should have no defenses against that and would thus get hitkilled as soon as Eragon received the information of his weakspot from his very own mind.

Do you have quotes of this?

The Inheritance Cycle wiki doesn't have anything on Eragon using telepathy.

Reppuzan said:
Do you have quotes of this?
The Inheritance Cycle wiki doesn't have anything on Eragon using telepathy.
What? Crap, I have the books themselves, here in my home. The "tetralogy" always talks about telepathy being used before magic, Brom teaches Eragon to not start out by using magic and that a duel of magicians is primarily mental. Arya fights off that Ra'zac church dude by battling him mentally and then invoking green flames she knew would bypass his defenses. My books are in portuguese because I'm Brazillian, but I'll try to give you a chapter.

Can't find it right now, but, damn, the link between dragon and rider is telepathic and they communicate with each other through telepathy. The explanation should be somewhere throughout the middle of the first book. >.>

I'm also thinking this is an old outdated matchup since it was made a year ago before someone bumped it. I'll probably have to close this for necro, on top of being poorly made in general (i.e. Percy stomps if he's in melee range, Eragon stomps with telepathy, giving Percy no chance to counterattack).

Well, the books have telepathy to be blockable by anyone, literally anyone with a mind that could be affected by it in the first place, but I guess Percy doesn't have a lot of experience with mindgames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back