• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Equal stats enemy duos tournament

This equal stats tournament is centered around characters who were enemies, but worked/fought together, while still being enemies, possibly due to a common enemy or goal, and specifically uses their keys from that point in time.

Characters start in whatever form they're most comparable in or makes the fight most fair.(If I have to equalize different characters to different forms of different characters, I will)

No god-tier "I instantly beat you" or "I can never die" hax(And yes, I am saying this specifically to prevent TYBW Aizen from screwing this up).

1. Kamen Rider Durendal and Kamen Rider Slash(Solomon Arc)
2. Freddy Krueger and Jason Voorhees
3. Shiroyama Kyousuke and Shiroyama Biondetta
4. Park Ilpyo and Sujin
5. Ragnaros the Firelord and Al'Akir the Windlord
6. Sasuke and Naruto(Kaguya Arc)
7. Matt and Lance(EBF, no Player)
8. Metal Bat and Garou(Monster Association)
9. Kaidou and Big Mom
10. Edelgard and Thales(Fire Emblem)
11. Sensei Wu and Post-RoM Garmadon(No Golden Weapons/Megaweapon)
12. Raven Beak and Samus
13. MvC Dante and Vergil
14. 2 and 4(BFDI)
15. Erza Scarlet and Kagura Mikazuchi
16. Pac-Man and Toc-Man

Round 1:

1. 2 and 4 vs Edelgard and Thales
2. Sensei Wu and Post-RoM Garmadon vs Kaidou and Big Mom
3. Dante and Vergil vs Erza and Kagura
4. Pac-Man and Toc-Man vs Raven Beak and Samus
5. Park Ilpyo and Sujin vs Metal Bat and Garou
6. Kyousuke and Biondetta vs Ragnaros and Al'Akir
7. Durendal and Slash vs Sasuke and Naruto
8. Freddy and Jason vs Matt and Lance

Round 2:

1. 2 and 4 vs Kaidou and Big Mom
2. Dante and Vergil vs Pac-Man and Toc-Man
3. Park Ilpyo and Sujin vs

Last edited:
Mori and Mujin technically fought together against Tataghata for a brief moment. Mori against Tataghatas body and Mujin against his mind. Only issue is that Mujin at this point had high-godly regeneration.

Can we restrict his regeneration to a lower level or should I find a different set of characters?

Hey kids want to see a dead body?!

Both would be in last keys, and DW specifically needs to have his regeneration reduced or restricted

Hey kids want to see a dead body?!

Both would be in last keys, and DW specifically needs to have his regeneration reduced or restricted
I feel like if one of them requires a hax to be restricted, that might be a bit much.

Mori and Mujin technically fought together against Tataghata for a brief moment. Mori against Tataghatas body and Mujin against his mind. Only issue is that Mujin at this point had high-godly regeneration.

Can we restrict his regeneration to a lower level or should I find a different set of characters?
I don't really want to restrict hax too much.

Ok so im gonna try something
Matt and Lance. Ill go ahead and do you a favor by saying the Immo/Plot/Fate stuff would be restricted off the bat. Other then that, stock standard RPG stuff (so to any EBF nerds, no player control)
Anyways, the relationship

Matt is the recurring protag of the EBF series, and in 2, Lance is the final boss (who is beaten and then recruited in 3, is a party member in 4, and then goes back to being an enemy in 5 (second boss) which you then recruit). Despite being the in same party, they tend to be at odds with a lot of stuff. I think the EBF5 keys could work with both in that case

Up to OP though

I don't really want to restrict hax too much.
Not completely remove them, just make it so they're not unkillable. So maybe like just nerf it to basic high instead of high-godly? Other tournaments do this pretty often.

If you're against it I can pick a different duo but it's kinda hard if neither of them can have OP hax like that.

Not completely remove them, just make it so they're not unkillable. So maybe like just nerf it to basic high instead of high-godly? Other tournaments do this pretty often.

If you're against it I can pick a different duo but it's kinda hard if neither of them can have OP hax like that.
Actually never mind, just realized Mori would make stats equalized impossible due to his ridiculous skill granting him this silly little amp
Instead I propose Ilpyo and Sujin.
They probably also fit this tournaments theme the best.
Screenshot-2024-09-06-22-55-32-735-eu-kanade-tachiyomi-edit.jpg

Matt and Lance. Ill go ahead and do you a favor by saying the Immo/Plot/Fate stuff would be restricted off the bat. Other then that, stock standard RPG stuff (so to any EBF nerds, no player control)

Matt is the recurring protag of the EBF series, and in 2, Lance is the final boss (who is beaten and then recruited in 3, is a party member in 4, and then goes back to being an enemy in 5 (second boss) which you then recruit). Despite being the in same party, they tend to be at odds with a lot of stuff. I think the EBF5 keys could work with both in that case

Up to OP though
cough

Up to OP though
So, their OP hax are due to a seperate entity that can be easily removed? That's probably fine then. Is there any other hax outside of the player's abilities?

Hmmm... one duo per verse, I think. I'll let people do more than one as long as there aren't too many.
Then maybe war arc Naruto and Sasuke could work? Since they cooperated against Obito, Madara, and Kaguya, but Sasuke still considered Naruto his enemy

Then maybe war arc Naruto and Sasuke could work? Since they cooperated against Obito, Madara, and Kaguya, but Sasuke still considered Naruto his enemy
Wind + Flame, classic combo, added to the list.
I've been waiting for someone to suggest my boys. They were still enemies, since Sasuke tried to kill Naruto later on. Now, Sasuke wouldn't get his Indra Avatar, but other than that we're all good.

Actually, I have a good duo in my mind, but I don't think I can win the tournament with them, so I'll push my luck for a another valid duo.

•Would it be beneficial for characters indirectly working together, where the first manipulates the second to kill a third character?

• In a situation where both characters are enemies to each other and the weaker of the two has exhausted his energy after the battle, would it be enough for the stronger one to kill a third person and save the weaker one?

Actually, I have a good duo in my mind, but I don't think I can win the tournament with them, so I'll push my luck for a another valid duo.

•Would it be beneficial for characters indirectly working together, where the first manipulates the second to kill a third character?

• In a situation where both characters are enemies to each other and the weaker of the two has exhausted his energy after the battle, would it be enough for the stronger one to kill a third person and save the weaker one?
The people would have to be directly working together of their own volition despite being adversaries.

The people would have to be directly working together of their own volition despite being adversaries.
Ok.
In a situation where both characters are enemies to each other and the weaker of the two has exhausted his energy after the battle, would it be enough for the stronger one to kill a third person and save the weaker one?
So do they both really need each other?

So, their OP hax are due to a seperate entity that can be easily removed? That's probably fine then. Is there any other hax outside of the player's abilities?
Yep, and outside of that is stock standard RPG elemental hax plus some status effects. Should be fine

Metal Bat and Monster Garou would be pretty good as well ngl. They were enemies (hero and hero hunter) and even fought in the past but had to team up to beat sage centipede once.

Or Kazuya and Heihachi at the start of Tekken 5 when they had to team up against the squad of Jacks. Although Kazuyas slimy ass betrayed Heihachi at the end.

(I don't want to suggest half the list lmao, I'm just mentioning these in case you couldn't fill up the the empty spots)

Back