• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
You can tank it if you farm enough
  • If The Devourer summon doesn't kill the party, the game will not close, instead continuing as usual. Surviving the summon is possible if other party members are a much higher level than Matt. Alternatively, one can also survive it by just grinding enough HP and Magic Defence steroids: (see here).

“MY DESIRE IS TO CREATE A CLOCKWORK UNIVERSE, POPULATED BY MINDLESS AUTOMATONS. PERFECTLY DETERMINISTIC. WITHOUT RANDOM VARIABLES. ONLY LAWS OF NATURE, OBEYED WITHOUT QUESTION. THIS CANNOT HAPPEN WHILE YOU EXIST AND ACT FREELY.” ~84% HP
Why doesn't the devourer have law hax off of this quote, normal laws of reality/nature don't just remove something that fundamental to a universe like probably/random variables like that.
YOU CONSCIOUS BEINGS ARE A DISEASE; A VIRUS THAT SPREADS AND CONSUMES EVERYTHING IT TOUCHES. YOU INTRODUCE UNCERTAINTIES INTO MY SYSTEM. A BUTTERFLY EFFECT OF CHAOS AND UNREASON. YOU OBEY NO RULES. RESPECT NO LAWS.” - ~72% HP
“WHY WON’T YOU LET ME DELETE YOU?! WHY DO YOU EXPLOIT THE VERY LAWS I HAVE CREATED?!” - ~16% HP
He even acknowledges that the players not only negated his rule over the laws of nature and brought uncertainty into his system but even exploit the laws he's created.

“MY DESIRE IS TO CREATE A CLOCKWORK UNIVERSE, POPULATED BY MINDLESS AUTOMATONS. PERFECTLY DETERMINISTIC. WITHOUT RANDOM VARIABLES. ONLY LAWS OF NATURE, OBEYED WITHOUT QUESTION. THIS CANNOT HAPPEN WHILE YOU EXIST AND ACT FREELY.” ~84% HP
Why doesn't the devourer have law hax off of this quote, normal laws of reality/nature don't just remove something that fundamental to a universe like probably/random variables like that.
YOU CONSCIOUS BEINGS ARE A DISEASE; A VIRUS THAT SPREADS AND CONSUMES EVERYTHING IT TOUCHES. YOU INTRODUCE UNCERTAINTIES INTO MY SYSTEM. A BUTTERFLY EFFECT OF CHAOS AND UNREASON. YOU OBEY NO RULES. RESPECT NO LAWS.” - ~72% HP
“WHY WON’T YOU LET ME DELETE YOU?! WHY DO YOU EXPLOIT THE VERY LAWS I HAVE CREATED?!” - ~16% HP
He even acknowledges that the players not only negated his rule over the laws of nature and brought uncertainty into his system but even exploit the laws he's created.
I dunno. When I wrote the article, even putting that first statement there as an endgoal, I just thought it was flowery speech or something he hadn't done yet. Probably just a misunderstanding on my part.

Last edited:
The devourer should also have conceptual Manip at least layered into his reality warping and information Manip from his effects on Godcat and higher fundamental position metaphysically in comparison to Godcat.

Last edited:
As it stands, the Devourer is Low 2-C for having erased the entirety of the EBF world four times and going in for a fifth round. There were some 2-C implications, but these were rejected before for the following reasons:

1. Nobody knows the true scale of the alternate dimensions or whether the Devourer affects them or not.
2. While Snowflake was revealed to be from another universe, it wasn't certain if Snowflake's universe was affected or not.

Turns out, given the special Game Over screen from summoning the Devourer right before the game closes, it is implied that Snowflake's world is, indeed, affected by the Devourer. This would definitely give Devourer a Possibly 2-C rating. Nothing definite, just a possibly rating.
Okay, I guess...

Negation: The Devourer outright bypasses resurrection, damage negation, DISPEL IMMUNITY (what IS Dispel according to the wiki, and what does immunity to it qualify as?), and every status effect in the game. If you have any of this, tough shit! You're dead!
Resistance Negation: Same reasoning as Negation. Wouldn't that just be put into Negation itself?
Okay.

Whatever The Hell This Ability Is: He outclasses Monika by outright closing the game. I have no idea what ability this is! Yay!
So, if this CRT ever gets accepted, how will this be applied?

Whatever The Hell This Ability Is: He outclasses Monika by outright closing the game. I have no idea what ability this is! Yay!
I don’t think this is really an ability. It’s just the Devourer destroying the universe out of sheer AP forcing the game to close in a similar case to how Chara in Undertale deals a massive amount of damage high enough to close the game.

Anyways, with 3 staff accepting this, you can now apply this.

Last edited:
I don’t think this is really an ability. It’s just the Devourer destroying the universe out of sheer AP forcing the game to close in a similar case to how Chara in Undertale deals a massive amount of damage high enough to close the game.
Seems about right. I've no clue what else it could be.

Do explain.
I kinda went over this in the "More order to be restored" CRT, but Godcat's avatars embody concepts of creation and destruction and the devourer in quote: "I SEE YOU DON’T REMEMBER YOUR PREVIOUS ADVENTURES. AKRON WAS A POWERFUL FOE, WASN’T HE? AND GODCAT? THEY DID NOT SERVE MY PURPOSE, SO I GAVE THEM LESSER ROLES IN THIS ITERATION. IN THE END I WILL ALWAYS BE HERE TO RESET THE WORLD.” - ~41% HP
Implying that his effect reality warping wise can even effect abstract beings like Godcat.

I kinda went over this in the "More order to be restored" CRT, but Godcat's avatars embody concepts of creation and destruction and the devourer in quote: "I SEE YOU DON’T REMEMBER YOUR PREVIOUS ADVENTURES. AKRON WAS A POWERFUL FOE, WASN’T HE? AND GODCAT? THEY DID NOT SERVE MY PURPOSE, SO I GAVE THEM LESSER ROLES IN THIS ITERATION. IN THE END I WILL ALWAYS BE HERE TO RESET THE WORLD.” - ~41% HP
Implying that his effect reality warping wise can even effect abstract beings like Godcat.
Mmm, I see. Fair.

Just keeping it book marked, the devourer has law hax that gets rid of probability, conceptual Manipulation from his hax effecting Godcat, and Plot manipulation from changing characters roles in the and dumping all the continuity from previous games into the cosmic trash can.

Pretty sure the 2-C ratings were supposed to be applied by now. Anything recently brought up after its acceptance can be saved for a later CRT.

I agree with law, is very obvious that the devourer wants to make the literal variables on the programation predictable, his whole bossfigth was basically a rant on how to make the world without any chaos and perfect certianity
Wich was the contrary of the funny chaos man but eh

Back