• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Energy needed to dismantle gluons?

FanofRPGs

VS Battles
Retired
In the 1953 WoW, the Martians has weapons that dismanteled the gluons (Called mesons in it) of the atoms of living organisms, how much energy is that required?

I am bad in quantum machanics, but gluons are elementary particle so technically they should be indestructible.

Not even sure if one could destroy them through matter/antimatter reactions or something similar, then again they don't have any mass so that likely wouldn't matter.

So it does sound a bit more like hax then anything else in that departement, I think.

Maybe that justifies something like the energy to turn something into quark gluon plasma as done here, but really no idea.

I did a calc for it

A tank like that weighs 66,800 pounds. The atomic mass of iron is 55.845. That equals 9.273286747e-23 grams. 66,800 pounds/9.273286747e-23 grams = 3.26744671e29 atoms there are 56 neutrons/protons over all per each atom. So 1.8297702e+31 particles overall They completely destroy the protons and neutrons According to wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quark―gluon_plasma#How_the_QGP_is_studied_theoretically the energy needed to do that is 175 MeV per particle 175 MeV * 1.8297702e+31 = 513.032631 QUINTILLION joules That would be enough to destroy entire islands!´╗┐

Quark gluon plasma is more or less the highest destruction value one can get, often even higher than mass energy. But as said, I am rather uncertain about that being properly justified through this so I would avoid adding it to something.

Back